2010 Commander

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Jeeps are the best

by Jeep in SC from South Carolina on August 20, 2012

I bought a used Commander 2010 model, V6, auto 4wd with 19,000 miles. I had one problem the first yr. The cataylitic converter had to be replaced. Under warranty so I didnt have to pay for replacement. Otherwise, no problems within the first two years. The gas mileage avg is around 17 city/ 22 hwy. Not great, but its a jeep so I knew it wasnt going to be much better. Auto 4wd - works great in wet conditions providing great traction. No snow in my area to report about that handling. Off road the clearance is good for managing any mild terrain drives - fields, shallow streams, etc. Elevated air intake would permit driving in deeper water if necessary. Handling - drives great around city. Surprisingly smooth for a jeep, good braking for stops, and overall just a fun vehicle to drive. Interior - seats are comfortable. Three rows, back row folds down for much space in back when traveling with kids. When rear seats are "up" it is difficult to see behind vehicle so I leave the seats down. AC / Heat - No auto climate. Just a basic AC/ heat Overall - a very fun Jeep to drive. Has been reliable and no regrets about buying. I would recommend to others

LOVE my new baby!!!!!

by Not a minivan mom from Chicago, Illinois on October 5, 2013

I have has my jeep for a week now and am in LOVE! It's everything I wanted and needed! I hate minivans and those ugly crossovers that look like a minivan. I feel like a sexy mom in this baby :) I have a HEMI and LOVE it. Before this I had a Camry and the gas on the jeep isn't that bad! My kids are comfortable and even my dad got in the way back and said he could sit there ok. (He is about 5"9) I recommend this jeep to anyone! I just wish they still made them!!!

2010 Jeep Commander Limited Hemi 4WD | The Boss

by The Commander from Marietta, GA on September 19, 2014

The 2010 Jeep Commander meets all the needs that my wife and I desired. It has great power and torque, has a stylish yet beefy exterior, and an amazing interior that offers more than I expected. We are excited to make a few modification to make it more aggressive and also get more power and fuel milage.

Great replacement for a 1999 Grand Cherokee

by 2010 Inferno from Cement City on February 25, 2016

Cherokee has 263000 miles we kept it and found a nice used Commander now we are a 2 Jeep Family. larger and more room.

Pretty decent vehicle for traveling and towing

by Damiansilman from NC on December 26, 2017

Overall this vehicle is very comfortable and easy to work on when it came time for stuff to be fixed and maintenance is definitely a breeze and user friendly. I never had any major issues with this vehicle at all and do enjoy it, however it isn’t very practical for someone towing a trailer larger than 10ft but it does the job, I’m sure the 4.7L and 5.7L v8 don’t have the same issue, but the 3.7L could use a bit more power but overall am fairly impressed with the vehicle.

Disappointed

by Ester from Mt Washington Kentucky on June 16, 2015

Don't get me wrong I love my 2010 Commander. I just have a problem that Chrysler won't solve with the emissions system. I've had it to the shop 6 times in 7 months for the same two codes. Talked with Chrysler and all that has been done is gas cap replacements and some detectors and purge solenoid. Took it back today for the same code p0440, talked with the general manager and am waiting to hear results, which he commented maybe they should have replaced the whole gas tank. well the general manager just called back and said it was a gas cap. WRONG

Does not recommend this car!!

Solid built with a comfortable ride

by Weekend Family Get-a-ways from Moorestown, NJ on December 5, 2011

The jeep commander has lived up to my expectations. I only hope they continue the model in the years to come.

Discontinued For A Reason!

by big mistake from TN on December 10, 2010

I have a 2010 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4 5.7l with leather, Nav, sun roofs, backup camera, every option you can get on a Sport. The transmission has had 5 problems with leaks at only 13000 miles. The 4x4 system works good, so good it gives you a false sense of confidence in the snow. You don't have any problem going but stopping is the issue. You don't realize how slick it really is until you have to stop. Power steering system started leaking at 946 miles and after 2 trips to the dealer they seemed to fix it. The HEMI is very powerful and fast. I bought it as a family vehicle to tow our boat but its been broke so many times due to transmission problems we haven't been able to use it. Have contacted and Chrysler and they view seems to be we got your money deal with it. Buy on you may get lucky or we can talk about it in the service dept waiting room since they wont give rental cars.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very reliable vehicle

by Commandersilman from Sanford, NC on July 18, 2017

This is a very reliable vehicle. Easy to work on and maintain maintenance. Very comfortable and appealing. Only problem for me is the one I own is not 4 wheel drive nor is it a v8. For what I do a 4 wheel drive is needed and at least a v8 for the towing. Also it's not that great on gas, I have ended up having to move almost a hour away from work and I have to get gas every two days. Other than those things I think it's a great vehicle, very dependable.

Unexpected Luxury

by Lady Needs Space from Brooklyn, New York on August 5, 2010

All time four wheel drive, four wheel disk brakes,leather seating, computerized odometer which can register mileage for two trip, three sunroofs (large one for fronts row seats and two small for 2nd row passengers), second and third row fold down seats, adjustable heated front row seats and mirrors, rear flip open window, six cd disk player, too many features to list. This is a luxury model and well worth the price. It can accommodate my father's wheel chair and groceries for two families. A well kept secret of 4X4's!

1 2