2009 Jeep Compass

good pay

by from long insland, .ny on February 20, 2010

i have had my compass 2 months so far the only problen is a moon roo leak. it ride like a jeep. its fun around town, not crayz about the highway ride, but its a jeep not caddy. next time i'll get an auto trans and 4x4. i have a 2wd limited. after the snow we got this year 4x4 would be nice. im getting 28.5 mpg on avg. i got a great deal at $16,000 with 50000 miles. next time i get a jeep i hope they create something newer,better and outstanding. the compass fales short of that, but it does a great job for daily use and it looks beter than all the same looking suv's out there.

Great Car for the Money

by from Orlando on October 28, 2010

I have a 2009 Jeep Compass has approx 16K miles on it with manual transmission and 2.4L engine. Interior is adequate, like the exterior and ride and reliability very good so far. Mileage has been approx 25 with a/c running and close to 30 without. Ride is more like a truck but overall handling is good. Feels very solid on the road, will keep this one for awhile.

Reliable, Capable, Fun to Drive

by from Peabody, MA on May 11, 2017

I have owned many cars and trucks over the years but none have been as functional and fitting to my lifestyle than my Jeep Compass. It does everything I want it to do. It gets through any weather. Plenty of space. Enough power to pass and merge onto the highway but the engine is still getting 30 mpg. I own a 2009 and I am not as big of a fan of the exterior styling... I think the newer ones look much more attractive, but that's just a personal preference. Interior design is standard Jeep. I LOVE the fact that it has an AUX port and a house hold 125amp power outlet. It's not the most forgiving vehicle on bumps in the road, hence my rating on comfort, but that is a typical with Jeeps. My compass is a manual transmission with over 165k miles and it is still going strong. I believe it will be reliable well over 200k miles. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a small 4x4 that still gets great MPG.

worth the money

by from Edinburg, TX on April 29, 2011

I've got the Jeep Compass in Aug 2009 and it's been so far the best car i ever have, good on gas, roomy and fast on the highway