Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Compass

2011 Jeep Compass

2011 Jeep Compass

Have You Driven the 2011 Jeep Compass?

Best 4X4 for the Money... Hands Down!

by 4X4Fan from Auburn, New York on Sun Feb 20 2011

Down right fun to drive! Thus far, the Compass has taken me through incredible winter storms, to and from work & on short vacations, including skiing trips & scouting activities with snowmobile trailers attached. Our bright pealcoat red Jeep is my super car. It does everything with ease and precision. It is an undeniable beauty for 2011. An SUV I would not have considered prior to this model year. The amazing Compass is the best bargain on the road, hillside, backwoods and expressway. The interior and exterior quality is unparalleled. For under $30,000 fully adored with leather, navigation, AWD, superior stereo, sunroof, Bluetooth, nicely positioned steering wheel controls, ride, handling and brawn, heated seats and unrivaled presence, there is no better baby 'ute of its stature. I have only the utmost praise for this little, but not so small automotive marvel that many think is the larger, more elegant grand daddy MY11 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit - my dream Jeep when I can afford one. Nevertheless, the '11 Compass is everything I had ever hoped for and far more. It is a blast and one hidden secret that I think will rock the industry once exposed. Brilliant!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2011 Compass Latitude

by The Bassman from queens N.Y. on Wed Aug 31 2011

I bought my Compass Latitude 4X4 w/2.4 engine this past May, it's my first SUV of any kind. I think it was a great choice for me and anyone else looking for an SUV that's a good in between size, meaning 'Not to Big' 'Not to Small'. It has enough bells and whistles to make most anyone happy; from heated side view mirrors to a built in flash light in the rear interior light!. For the money (low mid 20s) this SUV is about as good as it gets, if it was an import I think you would pay closer to 30K. I've gotten as much as 31 mpg on the highway; & about 23 mpg city (harder for me to really calculate city mpg). But if it's more pickup you want the 2.4 cu is the way to go "but, remember it's not a race car" it's not going to pin you back in your seat!, I can tell you it's quite and smooth with none existent trany shifts and at 70 or 80 mph on the thruway you will not feel the speed so keep your eyes open for the cops! LOL!.

Well Worth a Close Look! It is Awesome...

by Jeep Lover from Buffalo, NY on Sun Feb 20 2011

My husband has a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit and cannot say enough about how incredible it is. I always enjoyed my 2009 Compass but after sitting in the '11 while my husband was looking at the JGC, I fell in love with the new model. It actually feels and drives like a totally different car. The front grille is extremely attractive and a nice fit with the rest of the stylish 4X4. My husband urged me to purchase the 2011 Compass based on its trail rated status and because he was blown away by the way it drives. After our extended test drive, I ordered the vehicle with every option and in the most beautiful deep blue. It was so reasonably priced, my payments did not increase over that of my prior car. The leather seats are quite handsome and the entire car is well put together. It is rugged without being harsh or truck-like. It handles great in all types of weather, including snow and ice storms here in upstate NY. All materials are first rate and of a caliber expected on vehicles cost 2-3x more. The '11 compass is very roomy for driver and up to four large passengers. The storage space behind the rear seats is more than amply. With seats down, I can fit many antiques in it, as I am a collector and seller. With the 4X4 Compass, I no longer fear driving in inclement weather. It can trudge through anything!

2011 jeep compass

by jan from El paso Tx on Sat Feb 12 2011

This is a great car it rides smooth it s wonderful. I was an owner of a 2007 jeep compass I think the 2011 is much better .

My First Jeep and I Love It

by Outdoor Girl from Ohio on Thu Nov 03 2011

I bought my 2011 Compass Latitude 4 x 4 as a graduation present for myself and it is the best present I've ever bought. I was looking for something 4 wheel drive but not a killer on gas. I haven't gotten to try the four wheel drive yet, but it's wonderful on gas. The sound and sun package has been well worth the extra money. The drop down speakers have been very popular on camping trips and picnics. It's a really smooth and quiet ride. In fact, when I've used the remote start I've actually had to turn the car off and then back on because I couldn't tell if it was running. Really, it's that quiet. I was going to have my dealership put a towing package on, but after driving it around I don't think it'll tow very well. That's the only complaint I have and for me it's not really that big of a deal. We just use my husband's 4 door Wrangler to haul our dirtbikes and fourwheelers!

Impressed with the Jeep I never thought I'd own

by Lost in the U.P. from Ironwood, Michigan on Thu Jan 26 2012

Well, after 3 months and nearly 4,000 miles, all done in typical Winter weather in the U.P....I'm sold on this crossover. This is the Compass Sport with the 2.0 L and 5 spd. manual (my wife refuses to get an automatic) and we AVERAGE 30mpg (Winter driving mix) with 34 being our high in Oct. on a new engine. It's our "to work" vehicle and is FWD only, yet it's gone thru some heavy snows, slush, ice...you name it (you've got to live here to fully appreciate the Winters...learn to ski and live with it). Anyway, we traded in our 2001 Kia Sportage 4x4 that gave us excellent service for over 100,000 miles, but generally all cars have gotten much better so we got "into the market." On our way to another city (no auto dealerships in our area of any kind...yeah, were that remote?), we stopped by a Jeep dealership as I'd spotted an article on the 2011 upgrades to the Compass so wanted to test 'em out. Took out the Limited with AWD and CVT trans., and decided that to listen to the "gerbills under the hood" continually as the CVT did it's thing would eventually drive us nuts...and the drive's getting shorter! So, when we took out the Compass Sport...with just the "standard features"...we found it to be quiet, almost a European feel to the transmission, adequate acceleration for our needs and a price that was exactly what we were looking for so after sleeping on it, we made the deal. We'd taken out 7 other brands, some were "wanting" other's just too $$ They all paled in comparison...and I purchased my first Jeep...something I'd SWORN I'd never own for reasons too numerous to mention. Fiat/Jeep has really done some internal assessment as to just what the consumer really wants and this epitomizes it. My wife especially likes the thick steering wheel as she say's after gripping ski poles all day, it relaxes her hands, loves it's "look" and, of course, praises the smoothe standard transmission!

THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED

by OWNER OF MANY; FIRST JEEP OWNER from st petersburg, fl on Mon Dec 09 2013

First Jeep of mine, and i have to say i went home from the dealer at night not being 110% sold on the car. i looked at many reviews and was sold by the morning. I walked into the dealership and made the purchase happen. With every day i love my jeep more and more. It is so reliable, so comfy, economical, roomy its PERFECT! i love the brand and am very very happy with this car.

Reliable

by Jeep compasser from on Mon Feb 06 2017

My Jeep Compass has been with me for almost 6years. Very reliable with just oil change. Will keep it as long as it lasts! Ignore what the "expert" said about it. This is the highest rated compact suv by the consumers.

Very pleased with our Compass

by MoparToYa from Cleveland, Oh on Mon Sep 19 2011

Have had our 2011 Compass for 6 months now, and I can not say anything bad about it. Great little SUV. I read "professional" reviews that all talk about engine noise. I say .... what engine noise??? This is a quiet, smooth driving vehicle. We couldnt be happier. We love it.

I love it

by Economy from St Louis,Mo on Mon Mar 19 2012

I would like to say I am Very Happy with my Purchase. I bought the 2wd 2.0 5Spd Manual. I have 5000 miles on it now and am getting any were from 30.MPG to 32mpg (done with manual calculations miles/gallons). I love it. Hope it just keeps getting better. I drive about 90% highway, 65MPH or less. I also have a ScanGaugeII That helps in Drive technique. I chose this because of the bang for the buck. Compared to others you get a lot for your money.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Jeep Compass

There's probably a good master's thesis to be written for someone's MBA on the Jeep marketing strategy – or lack of it. Obtaining the iconic brand, with a favorable worldwide reputation, was undeniably a central reason why Fiat bought into Chrysler.

But Jeep's reputation has been diluted this past decade by opportunism. As recently as 2005, it could be argued that the Jeep brand was underrepresented in the market, with just three models -- the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and Liberty. But within a few years, sensing opportunity in a tough market, Jeep overpopulated dealer lots, still offering the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and Liberty, plus the Compass, Patriot and Commander. And really, the four-door... Read More