Read or write a review.

4.2
Average based on 28 reviews

250,000 miles and still going

by from CONNECTICUT on December 7, 2008

I have owned a Chevy S-10 Blazer, a Dodge Durango SLT and a Ford Explorer XLT. The Jeep Grand Cherokee blows them all away. I purchased my 2000 grand cherokee from a friend in 2002 with 27,000 miles on it. It has the 4.0 6 cylinder which in my opinion is a motor you can't kill and the selec-trac system. Due to my job (construction project management) i drive approx. 45 to 50 thousand miles a year. This vehicle has been through some of the worst New England weather conditions imaginable including getting caught in a blizzard in upstate new york that dumped 26 inches of snow. I drove through it for 7 hours without a problem to get home for Christmas eve. It may not have all the fancy bells and whistles like navigation systems and a ton of electronic mumbo jumbo but it's got it where it counts. In the last six years the only repairs I have had to make are an alternator at 160,000 miles, struts at 200,000 and the driver's seat (worn) at 230,000 miles. The vehicle gets serviced regularly and at just over 250,000 miles I am still getting approx. 21mpg on the highway.I have only used 87 octane since purchasing it. I have the exterior/interior professionally detailed twice a year and except for some minor chips caused by gravel at job sites (that I touched up) along the wheel wells the original paint still shines like new. I am so pleased with mine that I bought two more. A 2001 for my wife purchased in 2004 that currently has 91,000 miles and no problems. And also one for my parents who travel a lot. A 2004 purchased new. It currently has approx. 170,000 miles on it and except for a problem with the stereo that the dealership fixed a few days after purchase it also has had no problems.

Jeep - Grand Cherokee; 10 year owner w/ 177,000 +

by from Overland Park, KS on June 26, 2010

I bought this Jeep w/ 40 miles on it and love it! Have had it for 10 + years and have 177,000 + miles. Been a great investment and will likely own another one at some point!

grand cherokee is great!

by from philadelphia, pa on May 3, 2011

great suv for the money, these suvs last forever if taken care of. IF something goes wrong in it, then they arent too expensive to fix either.

Great SUV, sub-par gas mileage

by from Columbia, PA on December 26, 2011

Would recommend to anyone looking for a tried and true SUV that isn't too big but has enough room to haul around gear. Average gas mileage I get is 15mpg. Only downside I can see.

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 Liter

by from Ithaca, NY on May 13, 2011

Bought this vehicle in February of 2011. It is what it is 10 years old. Looks incredible for being this old and in NY State. No rust anywhere not even underneath the vehicle, frame, doors, even the nuts and bolts!! Minor issues had to change the TPS and IAC Sensors, which i did my self fairly cheaply. Idle was rough and shifted funny but for about $150. runs like a top! 4.7 Liter engine is very strong for 120k. Changed the transmission oil, engine oil with Valvoline Maxlife. Stereo system is incredible, leather seats are awesome, interior is beautiful. I love this vehicle!

best car i ever bought!

by from on May 28, 2009

in 2004 i purchased the jeep grand cherokee columbia edition and i have been pleased with it ever since. its probably the most comfortable car i've ever owned and handles curves well. i live out in the country where there is always alot of snow and dirt roads and i have never slipped once with the jeep. i never have had to use the 4 wheel drive because it handles so well. i just bought a brand new grand cherokee limited edition and so far i've been pleased with that as well!

awesome vehicle!

by from Clarksburg, WV on November 3, 2010

I bought this jeep in 2003 with 23k on it and now have 110K and still love it. My wife drives it daily and LOVES it. When we decide to replace it in a couple of years she insists on a new Grand Cherokee. I do most of my own work/maintenance and aside from the warped front rotor issue (which I repaired myself with the updated calipers) it has had needed very few repairs. Original engine and transmission work flawlessly. I live in a salt state and use it exclusively during winter driving and it has absolutely no rust anywhere, especially underneath, which I feel is amazing! The vehicle is easy to maintain yourself. Compared to 2 previous ford explorers (which were absolutely the worst vehicles I've every owned) this jeep is awesome! My wife and I definitely plan to buy another one in the future!

199000+ miles!

by from Arlington Tx on May 19, 2010

My family and i have driven this baby cross country several times. Its been thru floods, blizzards, you name it. but it still runs as smooth as when i bought it. Great engine. 4.0 6 cylinders.

158,000 and still going

by from NC on March 22, 2010

I drive approx 130 miles roundtrip to work everyday. It has 158,000 miles on it and still runs great! I got this car new in 2001 and it has been a very dependable car. I have replaced the water pump, alternator, and a few engine sensors here and there and that is it. I got the I-6 4.0 liter engine and it is a very dependable motor. The best part is the roominess of the engine compartment and the ease of access to everything since I do a lot of maintenance and all repair work myself unlike other foreign cars that cram everything in a very tight space.

changed preception

by from Mountain view CA on June 7, 2011

2001 Larado. Bought it with only 10k miles on it in 2008. I had always distrusted jeeps for being unreliable and for the electronics being faulty, but so far i am wrong! No mechanical problems so far with 33k on it now. Trips to Tahoe and Sedona, Arizona were comfortabe. Gas milage could be better, but i got 400 miles on a tank on only highway. The 4.7 is strong and really peppy. It will blow away most trucks and cars from the stoplight. The leather has held up well, but the front seats are kind of small for my taste, and the rear doesnt offer much leg room. I expected more cargo space, as my previous vehicle, a 91' explorer sport, had about the same. 4x4 system works flawlessly. Overall it's been a great vehicle!

Similar Models