2002 Grand Cherokee

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

$716 - $7,600  MSRP Range
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

4.2

Have you driven the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Great SUV

by Cowboy from lynnwood WA on Tue Jan 04 2011

I bought my 6cyl 02 jeep 2 years ago and i haven't had any problems with it so far.I have done a lot of OFFROADing with it and the car is just amazing i also tow a boat with it.It's got lots of power very reliable and a very comfortable suv.

Nix the 8 cylinder

by Loyal JEEP owner from Rockford,IL on Wed Jul 08 2009

Bought my 02 Grand with 23K. Been a pleasure to drive and has great styling. I've had several issues...driver's PW went bad,heater issues,A/C issues. I pull a boat so I appreciate the 8 cylinder. But at 137K the motor had to be replaced $$. I've had JEEP 6 cylinders in the past and no problems with getting 200K. I've since heard when the 4.7 V8 hits 110K+ they have a tendency to go bad. The last four JEEPS I have owned have had the 6 cylinder and were top notch.

Lots of Work

by LemonDriver from on Fri Jul 31 2009

I rated this car high on aesthetics and comfort but that's about its only redeeming value in my mind. I am continually pumping money into this hunk of junk. I have almost two years left on my loan and am NOT a happy camper. I'm freaked out wondering what is going to break next on it. More repairs than ANY car I've ever owned!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Everything we were looking for...

by Jeeper from Wisconsin on Tue Sep 06 2011

We had decided to get a WJ-variant of a Grand Cherokee (1999-2004) for comfort during interstate travel, but still have the 4-wheel drive capability Jeep is known for during instances of off-road driving and severe winter weather. We also wanted other luxuries such as compass/thermometer and power windows. This 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland has everything we wanted, and has served us well on trips to Ontario, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and all over Wisconsin. We have no complaints!

Looks brand new inside and out

by jeepsouthgirl from Seminole, FL on Sat Oct 29 2011

I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee with 67k miles and black leather interior. The interior looks as good as the day that I bought it. Even though I do not garage it due to clutter, the insides look fabulous! Even though repairs can be costly, they are few and far between. These cars are not smooth riding, but they are solid and comfortable. I have loved this one for the last 10 years and it has been there for me through thick and thin. Many fine memories are imbedded in this vehicle. Very nice sound system with fabulous sound and speakers.

JUST BOUGHT USED, SO FAR, SO GOOD

by Musician from upstate NY on Fri Feb 27 2009

I saw this Jeep in a dealer lot, it has 77,000 miles, new brakes, rotors and tires. I gave it a test drive and loved it. I bought it. It's mint, in and out, except for the tailgate 'arm' on the right I had to replace, 18 bucks... no prob. I've had the jeep one week now and it's a beautiful vehicle, I'm so glad I bought it, handles great, everything is heavy duty, rugged and works perfect. I like the standard sound system, the seperate bass and treble slider controls are nice.. For standard, it's great and w/CD. It's perfect for me being a musician/guitarist, there's plenty of room in this jeep for all of my stuff and then some. I have lots of gear, amplifiers, cases, etc. So far so very good.. I will update in 2 months, when my warranty runs out. I love it!

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

by freerein99 from Aurora, CO on Wed Aug 17 2011

Love this Jeep very plush seats and very comfortable on long drives...Lots of power hard on gas... If you keep it maintained it will never let you down...

third jeep, 02 grand cherokee SE

by chevy and jeep lover from nw corner CT on Sun May 18 2008

purchased used w/101,000 miles. have put about 1500 miles on it so far. Infinity 6 speaker w/cd changer and amplifier is the best audio i've heard for a stock system. the dual leather power heated seats are awesome and work great. 4.0 6 cylinder is a little underpowered but thats not a big deal, it's a tried and true motor. it seems that all of the problems are with the V8 models. Gas mileage is great. it handles more like a truck than a car but that's expected. my last jeep was a 96 grand cherokee bought used, just sold to my parents with 147,000 miles had to change some suspension parts and a sensor of coarse that's normal wear, before that i had an 88 cherokee that i bought used and drove until 257,000 then the transmission went everything else was fine. also many of my friends have had cherokees and grand cherokees w/ more miles

02 Overland For $500

by MrDrDre from St Helier, Jersey on Mon Dec 30 2013

I'm extremely happy with my Overland. I bought it for $500 and it's in perfect condition but the only problem was that the reverse gear was really weak. I got it fixed for about a hundred bucks, just changed the fluid and both filters. The performance is great for a SUV as the acceleration pushes me into the seat and ghe engine as well as the exhaust system sound awesomely, better than a Jaguar XK8 00. Access to parts is easy and most are fairly easy to remove/replace. I really like the design of the exterior and the interior. It drives very well either off road on the freeway or in urban areas. I had this car for about a year now and I never had a problem with it. Only thing I did to it was replacing the air filter from the original boxy thing to a K&N Air Intake for $180 which made the throttle respond quicker besides from changing all brake pads and all fluids. I'm also incredibly surprised by the fuel consumption which is really little. For $50 I can cruise for about two weeks. There's a trick but you have to find out for yourselves :)

and Suddenly........ I'm a Jeep girl

by Lizzy from on Fri Jan 24 2014

I just upgraded from a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, to the 2002 model. She's such a SWEET ride. Like falling in love all over again. Her body is great, her interior is perfect and only 59 K miles. She's amazing. Passing the 95 Grand Cherokee down to my oldest grandson whose pulling straight A's :))

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

There's little doubt about the power of the Jeep name.

During World War II, foreign correspondent Ernie Pyle described the U.S. Army vehicle as being "faithful as a dog, as strong as a mule and as agile as a goat." Gen. Dwight Eisenhower, Allied Supreme Commander in Europe, said after the war "the Jeep, the Dakota airplane and the landing craft were the three tools that won the war."

The 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition may be the SUV that wins over luxury import buyers. With a sticker price of nearly $40,000, the Overland is aimed at such popular foreign brands as the Mercedes-Benz ML320, Lexus RX300 and Acura MDX.

He: Funny that Jeep should resurrect the Overland name, which even... Read More