2004 Grand Cherokee

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

4.2

Have You Driven the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Comfy Cruiser/ Offroad bruiser

by Car Guru from Coon Rapids, MN on Mon Apr 27 2009

I love Jeeps. This is the first one I have owned and I am sure I will own many more. The car drives pretty good considering it is a Jeep. The steering can be a bit vague at times but point it in the direction you want to go and it will get there. If that means going through a field or a forest, so be it, the Jeep can handle it. Gas mileage is dreaded. However, you know that when buying a Jeep. If you expect better gas mileage, you are confused. The Limited trim comes with auto dimming mirrors, memory seats (which tie into the keyless entry), heated seats, digital auto climate control, even satelitte radio was installed and a 10-disc cd changer sits in the cargo hold. The room is plenty and fold down the rear seats and enjoy even more. This Jeep was well built, drives a little like a truck, but handles like a sports truck, and will go anywhere, through anything. I bought this to give me assurance of getting out of any situation (snow or mud) and it has not dissappointed.

Favorite vehicle

by LoveMyJeep from Massachusetts on Tue Aug 26 2014

I always wanted a Jeep and in 2004 I was able to finally purchase a new Grand Cherokee Limited. August of 2014 my favorite vehicle. Couple minor issues, the driver side wiring did go bad but was an easy repair. The Engine light as others have detailed coming on and off is simply the gas cap design. You need to pay attention when putting it back in after refueling. If not tight the check engine light will come on, but a very simple item to figure out and deal with. 194K and still purrs like a kitten. I use the V-8 to haul my boat with complete ease. Travel up and down 95 every month in a smooth and comfortable vehicle with ample space for luggage and dog. Highly recommend a Jeep. Never own a car again !

Uses car for Towing

A great SUV for off-road and on-road drivers.

by KCJeep from Kansas City, MO on Mon Aug 28 2006

I've owned two Grand Cherokees, a Laredo and a Limited and I've had great experiences with both. My family currently owns five Grand Cherokees and have had a great experience with all of them. This is an excellent SUV for taking off road becuase of it's 4x4 capabilities and for highway driving and driving around town because of it's performance.

Best Jeep Yet

by Jeep Lover From New England from Milford, New Hampshire on Sat Nov 22 2008

This is my 3rd Jeep and my second Grand Cherokee. I've owned Chryslers my whole life and they have been great. My Jeep gets me around in any conditions. It is reliable and has decsent power. The only problem I have had is a broken power window, witch is notorious in Jeeps. It is comfortable and well equiped. My Jeep has 90,000 miles on it and its still going strong. I love my Jeep and plan to get another one soon.

Loved it, but alas she was totaled

by Natog from boston, Ma on Wed Apr 01 2009

I bought my '04 used with 38k on it. From the start I got the same rugged reliability of the Jeep name. In the 2 1/2 years I had it I beat the stuffing out of it and it always came back for more. I was T-boned in it and it bent the frame a little, but other than odd wear on the tires, She was fine. I rear-ended another car and they totaled her on me. So in two major collisions I can attest to the structural integrity of the car. I've done nothing but change the wiper blades, air filter, and oil filter to the vehicle in the 50k miles I drove it. that dependability will keep me coming back to the jeeps again. I bought the '04 because it was the last one with the I6. I hate the new engines and the V8's so I'm looking for a used ZJ, XJ or Wrangler now.

Dependable, Powerful, Comfortable

by jr3279 from Southwest Michigan on Mon Apr 03 2017

Very reliable vehicle. Runs and drives great and gets you where you need to go comfortably. Creeping towards 200,000 miles sensors and bearings start to wear but that's expected when driving a vehicle for so long. Take care of the vehicle with regular oil changes and services, the Grand Cherokee can easily take you past 300,000 miles.

Wonderful vehicle

by Great powerful Jeep from Philadelphia, PA on Mon Sep 30 2013

Great performance vehicle. Very stable, great for a family of 5. Strong engine, smart transmission 5 stars

Uses car for Off-roading

Comfy stuff-hauler

by WNYmusician from Buffalo, NY on Sun Jan 29 2017

Recently got one of these because my old Wrangler wasn't spacious enough (I do art shows and am in a band; lots of stuff to haul around.) It is great in snow; we had a whiteout storm recently and the Selectrac 4x4 steadily plowed through the awful roads. Beware a slight blind-spot that occurs on your driver's side/right while driving; not a big deal if you're vigilant. Lots of room, very sleek comfortable drive and nice adjustable seats. Keep with routine maint, look-up what usually goes on these and replace that stuff and you're good to go.

Daily Driver or Dirt Road Machine.

by Chaslovesthejeep from Ypsilanti,Michigan on Fri Jul 06 2018

The Jeep is iconic for 2 things sleek and stylish vehicles and the power you need to get out of tough situations this is the vehicle for you.

I WIL NEVER CHANGE MY JEEP

by JUST LOVE JEEP from ARIZONA on Mon Nov 13 2006

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS VEHICLE.IT HAS ENOUGH SPACE INSIDE AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE.HAS GOOD PERFORMANCE,AND IT'S EASY TO CONTROL WHILE YOU DRIVING IT.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

We recently had the chance to drive the most high-tech Jeep yet. It was a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland model with four-wheel drive and some neat features like the brand's first navigation system and a new hands-free optional wireless phone system called UConnect.

Anita was impressed with the Detroit-built Jeep's goodies and classic good looks, especially the striking midnight blue pearl coat exterior paint job. Paul begged to differ, especially after seeing the hefty $41,120 price tag on this top-of-the-line offering.

SHE: I'll bet you had a shock when you saw our home phone number flash on the audio system's screen in the Jeep. In-vehicle caller ID is a part of that fancy UConnect system, which... Read More