2008 Grand Cherokee

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

4.4

Have you driven the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

JGC CRD

by Diesel Mania from MI, DC, NVA, NC OBX...all over on Mon Feb 13 2012

Just bought the 2008 Jeep GC with the Mercedes 3.0L CRD (Diesel). Great SUV. Day after I bought it in MI we had 8 inches of snow but the Jeep with full time 4x4 just plowed through like it wasn't there. The next day I pulled my VW Golf back to VA. It pulled that car on a dolly with ease even through the 8 inches of snow on the dirt road where I was staying that had not been plowed. Got over 400 miles out of 21 gallons with that VW in tow. Right at 20 mpg with a tow running the speed limit on the OH and PA turnpikes. Never even heard it grab a lower gear when going up hills. Very impressed so far.

Do not want to come out of driving seat.

by Chety from Qatar Middle east on Mon Jul 19 2010

5.7 L Hemi is very good power and your control. It is real fun to drive this vehicle. It will go through any obstacle without hassle. Designed tough and carries long term off road experience.

Newer 08 Grand Cherokee

by Lobo from Denton Texas on Sat Dec 01 2012

I just purchased an 08 Grand Cherokee Limited, coming out of an 01, and a 99 before that. 4.7 V-8 and 4 wheel drive. 17 in town and 23 on the road at 70+ mph. Very nice, very powerful, very comfortable and very confidence inspiring. I put 150K on the 01 and it was just sold over book value in great condition. I hope to do the same with the 08.

2008 Diesel Jeep 2x4 lerado

by Waterfrontray from Clearwater, Florida on Mon May 19 2008

I bought this car 2 months ago and so far love it. Because Diesel fuel is higher the dealer couldn't sell this truck so I stole it for under invoice and I got a $4k rebate form Jeep. Great powerand you could never tell it was a Diesel. I love the remote start to get the AC going, during the hot summer months that is going to a real niiiice feature. Interior is a little cheap, but nice. The ride is harder then I like, but not bad. I have run 2 tanks of BioDiesel 20% (B20) and it has not missed a beat. One thing I do not like is that they did not put a foot rest for my left foot when driving. I really like the rear cargo area. The rear tray that flips over to be a plastic tray that holds items in place is a great idea.

My Newer Jeep

by My Jeep from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Dec 06 2012

I have owned Jeep Grand Cherokees before and have always liked them. This vehicle is no exception. It is loaded with options that I probably would not have had I purchased the vehicle new. It is just a wonderful vehicle.

2007 JGC

by jeepdaddy from Nebraska on Sat Jul 31 2010

Overall I'm extremely happy with my Grand Cherokee. It drives great, looks great, has all the features I wanted, and I got it for so much less than the over-priced import SUV's out there. It looks like an SUV, I don't feel like a soccer dad driving it around. My two little boys and I use it for everything from camping to hauling mulch to roadtripping to see the grandparents. Overall very pleased, my first Jeep has been great.

Love My Jeep

by AZJeep from on Thu Jan 08 2009

I really love my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's great for going back and forth to work and for road trips. The interior is a little too much plasticish, but I can overlook that for the comfort that I get by the comfortable seats and ease in handling.

classic jeep stylin'

by izman from Fostoria OH on Tue Dec 11 2007

My wife and I just leased a new 08 laredo and so far so good. The simplistic interior styling is classic jeep all the way! It has simple sleek lines and is easy to care for. We chose a dark color interior because with our past jeeps the cloth would spot up with just a drop of water. Although this is the entry level cherokee it is still very classy! The 3.7 litre V6 seems alot more Zippy than our Liberty with the same engine. Gas mileage leaves alot to be desired for it is not achieving what was put on the sticker. I believe we are getting about 13 miles per gallon with mostly city driving. The cargo area has plenty of space for weekend getaways or just trips to the grocery. However, we have two small children that are both in car seats and it is pretty cramped in the backseat for them. As far as front seat room, it's not bad. My wife and I are both of average height so we do not command a ton of foot room. That being said, the roof clearance is another story. I bang my head almost everytime I get in and I do feel cramped as far as having room to move side to side. You throw a winter coat in the mix and its down right uncomfortable! All in all the cherokee handles well and has good power. I feel safe when driving it and I feel safe for my family.

Best kept secret of 2009

by dp from Woburn on Tue Feb 03 2009

Had a 97 GC which I loved, a 2004 which I hated, and just got an 08 CPO X package for $18,800 9500 miles! Best GC yet. Handling, ride, size, 4WD system, all included options make this unreal for $18800?? Im happy for the next 10 years!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2008 Jeep Grand Cheroche Limited 3.0 L Diesel

by reelman from Martinsville , Virginia on Thu Feb 06 2014

0with 63,702 miles . Looks showroom new . I bought this for my daughter to replace her Honda. Her family is growing and she needs more room.. The car arrived and I've been driving it every day to check out all systems . So far I'm really impressed with this 2wd suv to the point that I'm looking for another one for myself. I just fell in love with it. Here in the foothills I; getting 22 mpg avg . The Diesel is so quit you'd never know it's a Diesel. Handling is excellent , Solid car with no rattles , comfortable seating (Heated) with lumbar support .Suprising pickup for a 6 cyl Diesel .h Turbo I could go on and on . The Mercedes engine is exceptional as usual .The 2014 models will have a Fiat engine that will have to prove itself over time .. to me .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The Jeep Grand Cherokee came to our offices in the middle of winter, and it did a very good job tackling the subzero temperatures and mounds of snow on the ground. Still, it left me wondering if I would enjoy it in the summer — or over the long term, as its reliability has been judged to be poor. That's enough to cross most vehicles off my list right there.

Also, I must point out that this is a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and we're well into the 2009 model year. It's OK: The switch to digital TV isn't messing up your internet, too. It's just that between the 2008 and 2009 model years, the only things that changed were a new leather interior package and a redesigned Hemi, which the Jeep I drove... Read More