2008 Grand Cherokee

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

JGC CRD

by Diesel Mania from MI, DC, NVA, NC OBX...all over on February 13, 2012

Just bought the 2008 Jeep GC with the Mercedes 3.0L CRD (Diesel). Great SUV. Day after I bought it in MI we had 8 inches of snow but the Jeep with full time 4x4 just plowed through like it wasn't there. The next day I pulled my VW Golf back to VA. It pulled that car on a dolly with ease even through the 8 inches of snow on the dirt road where I was staying that had not been plowed. Got over 400 miles out of 21 gallons with that VW in tow. Right at 20 mpg with a tow running the speed limit on the OH and PA turnpikes. Never even heard it grab a lower gear when going up hills. Very impressed so far.

Do not want to come out of driving seat.

by Chety from Qatar Middle east on July 19, 2010

5.7 L Hemi is very good power and your control. It is real fun to drive this vehicle. It will go through any obstacle without hassle. Designed tough and carries long term off road experience.

Awesome Vehicle

by Jeep Girl 2010 from on February 7, 2011

I bought the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 6 cylinder in August. In the 6 months I've owned my Jeep, I've been very satisfied with it's performance. I love the adjustable pedals because I am petite. I love the navigation with UConnect, rear view camera, sun roof, auto lights, even the idiot lights are awesome. It tells me when to get an oil change, which direction I am going in, how many miles til my gas is empty. It has a super nice interior with heated seats. Automatic 4x4 in the electronic stability controll package. Drives great in the snow. I wish the back seat had more leg room for my son though. And I can hear more road noise then desirable, but I would definitely by another Jeep. Next time I think I will get the 8 cylinder for the more powerful towing.

2007 JGC

by jeepdaddy from Nebraska on July 31, 2010

Overall I'm extremely happy with my Grand Cherokee. It drives great, looks great, has all the features I wanted, and I got it for so much less than the over-priced import SUV's out there. It looks like an SUV, I don't feel like a soccer dad driving it around. My two little boys and I use it for everything from camping to hauling mulch to roadtripping to see the grandparents. Overall very pleased, my first Jeep has been great.

2008 Diesel Jeep 2x4 lerado

by Waterfrontray from Clearwater, Florida on May 19, 2008

I bought this car 2 months ago and so far love it. Because Diesel fuel is higher the dealer couldn't sell this truck so I stole it for under invoice and I got a $4k rebate form Jeep. Great powerand you could never tell it was a Diesel. I love the remote start to get the AC going, during the hot summer months that is going to a real niiiice feature. Interior is a little cheap, but nice. The ride is harder then I like, but not bad. I have run 2 tanks of BioDiesel 20% (B20) and it has not missed a beat. One thing I do not like is that they did not put a foot rest for my left foot when driving. I really like the rear cargo area. The rear tray that flips over to be a plastic tray that holds items in place is a great idea.

My Newer Jeep

by My Jeep from Minneapolis, MN on December 6, 2012

I have owned Jeep Grand Cherokees before and have always liked them. This vehicle is no exception. It is loaded with options that I probably would not have had I purchased the vehicle new. It is just a wonderful vehicle.

Newer 08 Grand Cherokee

by Lobo from Denton Texas on December 1, 2012

I just purchased an 08 Grand Cherokee Limited, coming out of an 01, and a 99 before that. 4.7 V-8 and 4 wheel drive. 17 in town and 23 on the road at 70+ mph. Very nice, very powerful, very comfortable and very confidence inspiring. I put 150K on the 01 and it was just sold over book value in great condition. I hope to do the same with the 08.

classic jeep stylin'

by izman from Fostoria OH on December 11, 2007

My wife and I just leased a new 08 laredo and so far so good. The simplistic interior styling is classic jeep all the way! It has simple sleek lines and is easy to care for. We chose a dark color interior because with our past jeeps the cloth would spot up with just a drop of water. Although this is the entry level cherokee it is still very classy! The 3.7 litre V6 seems alot more Zippy than our Liberty with the same engine. Gas mileage leaves alot to be desired for it is not achieving what was put on the sticker. I believe we are getting about 13 miles per gallon with mostly city driving. The cargo area has plenty of space for weekend getaways or just trips to the grocery. However, we have two small children that are both in car seats and it is pretty cramped in the backseat for them. As far as front seat room, it's not bad. My wife and I are both of average height so we do not command a ton of foot room. That being said, the roof clearance is another story. I bang my head almost everytime I get in and I do feel cramped as far as having room to move side to side. You throw a winter coat in the mix and its down right uncomfortable! All in all the cherokee handles well and has good power. I feel safe when driving it and I feel safe for my family.

Love My Jeep

by AZJeep from on January 8, 2009

I really love my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's great for going back and forth to work and for road trips. The interior is a little too much plasticish, but I can overlook that for the comfort that I get by the comfortable seats and ease in handling.

Best kept secret of 2009

by dp from Woburn on February 3, 2009

Had a 97 GC which I loved, a 2004 which I hated, and just got an 08 CPO X package for $18,800 9500 miles! Best GC yet. Handling, ride, size, 4WD system, all included options make this unreal for $18800?? Im happy for the next 10 years!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5 6