2003 Liberty

3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

My Dream Car

by Ace from Douglassville, PA on August 5, 2009

I bought my Jeep Liberty 4 years ago, and haven't had a single problem! It handles great in the snow, as well as off-road and on hills. My husband uses it like he would a truck for hauling and heavier work. The gas mileage is pretty good for an SUV, too. The only problem is that there isn't really a whole lot of passenger room in the backseat.

Jeep Love Rock On

by Jeep Love Rock On from on October 16, 2014

Had my jeep for 8 years until it saved my life from a drunk driver. she hit a light pole and rolled 3 times on me. My husband and I walked away without a scratch. Best purchase i ever bought. wish i could have her back.

GREAT CAR

by CARREVIEWER from NEWARK, NJ on March 10, 2013

THIS CAR IS 100% SAFE. IT HAS A V6 ENGINE AND YOU CAN LET YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER HAVE THIS CAR. AS A FIRST CAR. I TEST DROVE IT AND IT WAS A BLAST. NO INREST IN BUYING ALREADY HAVE ONE

It's not too bad of a car

by LadyRed from Savannah, Georgia on August 22, 2017

The Jeep liberty isn't too bad of a vehicle to own. I've had my 2003 jeep Liberty for about 7 years, and it's been mostly reliable. I say mostly because after about 170k miles it seems one thing goes bad, then everything else goes bad. Like a domino effect of some sort. It gets alright gas mileage, but it's kind of on the low end at 17/21. I typically fill up 2-3 times a week between driving to go to school and driving around for work. But after about 190k miles, I'd day expect to spend a good bit of money on new parts. Hopefully whomever buys the vehicle won't have many problems like I've had. The good parts is that it is a small SUV, so people fit comfortably in the front and back seats. I'm pretty small, at 4'11, but I've had friends as tall as 6'3 riding with no complaints. Also the Jeep has a very good turning radius, which makes u-turns pretty easy, and the handling of the car is decent. The only reason(s) I wouldn't recommend is because of the problems I've personally had with my Jeep.

Does not recommend this car!!

Big Bang For Your Buck

by LilJeepJeep from Salem, Va on May 28, 2018

Goofy appearance aside, this car has been everything I needed and more. The heated dual power seats make riding more comfortable, the automatic moon roof allows for a breeze or stargazing. It?s been up mountains, down valleys, all over - it?s great for car camping and with the seats down, it?s the perfect space to huddle in out of the rain.

best car I have owned to date

by jeep from Long Island, NY on June 28, 2014

I bought my Jeep new and now have 231,000 miles. I have changed my oil every 3k and don't abuse the truck when I drive. At 210k I probably would have bought a new car but I have a friend who is a mechanic and he has been keeping the car going as the last 20k things have been needing replacing but as I only pay for the parts it makes sense to pay to keep the car. Of all the cars I have owned I have got more mileage out of this car with the least amount spent on maintenance. The 2nd generation models 2008-2012 take a lot of abuse on the various auto websites but the 2003 has been a winner for me.

Latest Winter Ride

by Car Pets from New York on January 30, 2014

I recently purchased a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade from a local used car dealer with 102,000 miles. I expect some issues and got what I expected. The initial problem was a stuck caliper in the right rear and an emission fault. The dealer fixed the problems but the emissions fault came back. I went through the vehicle and found low fluid levels, bad differential seals, and a bad cv joint seal on the front drive shaft. Everything is fixed. It runs great and is getting 19.8 mpg even in snow and "0" degree weather! The heater is excellent! Seats are comfortable for my daily 80 mile ride. The radio sounds good and the vehicle is quiet with no squeaks when radio is off. The roof lights - Renegade model- light up the road like a ball field. No regrets at this point. I'm happy with the deal.

Thrifty SUV

by 2003 Liberty Sport 2.4L from Wilmington, NC on August 24, 2006

I love the Liberty!! When I seen the Sport, and from what I heard, it was a base model, but the one i got was very well equipped. I got the four cylinder model... most people think 150hp for a truck this size doesn't perform well, but it provides plenty of pep. Not to mention 27 MPG!!

BEST GUZ EVER!!!! RIP BABYGUZ!!!!

by BABYGUZ'S MAMA from METROPOLITAN ATLANTA on July 8, 2014

I loved this truck from the moment we met. He was my 3rd JEEP! It was a demo so he had all of the bells and whistles. Leather heated-power seats, sun roof. The most beautiful chrome wheels. There were 5. They even put one on the spare. Handled like a dream. A really tight turning radius which came in handy often. He was a 2003 but I got him in 2004. He was comfortable and so fun to drive. Absolutely adorable. He got his name due to the fact the I felt like he drank a lot of gas thus the name GUZZLER, but he had the most adorable baby face so I shortened it to BABYGUZ. I came to realize that gas use is all relative and is affected by the way that you drive so I just adjusted and it really was not a factor after a while. I got him in January 2004 and he finally gave out June 27, 2014 at 203,000+ miles. I have been patching him up over the past 2 years and now the transmission was starting to go. I cried!!!! I will say he performed great!!! If they still made the Liberty I would have gotten another one without hesitation!!!!! Me and GUZ were together 10 years and I loved him the same for all 10 of those years! He never left me stranded!!! I miss GUZ but I must move on. Now I have the 2014 Cherokee 4x4!! This is my 4th JEEP! It is very new so I am trying to adjust. So far so good!!! It is truly a JEEP THING!!!!! JEEPS ROCK!!!

2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7 Liter V6 Limited Edition

by Luke from Green Bay, WI on July 3, 2006

This is an excellent vehicle! Great for towing a camper or boat. Very dependable. Great turning radius. We have all maintenance records to go with this vehicle. It's been well maintained. Clean and smoke free. Decent leg room. Leather interior. Power seats, windows, locks. 4WD. This is really an outstanding value!

1 2 3 4