Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Liberty

2008 Jeep Liberty

2008 Jeep Liberty

4.4

Have You Driven the 2008 Jeep Liberty?

Jeep saved me and my son

by Jeeplover from Escondido on Mon Jul 18 2011

I own Jeep liberty 2008 2w-drive, manual transmission. I got hit by a big ford truck from left side. The impact of the hit was so intense that the car pushed 90 degree to side and the the car who hit me was pushed the across the other side of the street. The damage is only on the wheel, theleft fender and then i saw also the cage was slightly bent. I had a big bump on my head and a bruise on the leg bnecause Jeep doesn't have enough leg space on driver side. My son got no injury. It was like miracle. They said if this was another car, it would be totaled. Jeep is a tank car and I love it! Safety is first and Jeep did its job sooo well. I recommend.

I love my Jeep

by Jackie from Sun Prairie WI on Thu Aug 25 2011

This is the first Jeep I have had and I absolutely love it. I drove the Patriot first and felt like it was lacking something, then I drove the 2008 Liberty and it was love. I am almost looking forward to winter now because I know I will be able to get to work everyday. My now husband had a jeep when we first met which we gave to my brother with over 200,000 miles on it, and now with a whole lot more miles on it, the Jeep is still going strong and my brother loves his Jeep too. We will always be a Jeep family from now on. Bottom line I love my 2008 liberty!

owner 2008 limited

by clint from death vally on Tue May 04 2010

what a great car for the money i bought mine for 17900 plus tax and licence and i paid cash it was a preowned with the preowned jeep warrenty which is great. I love this car, it has so much room and is so off road capable. My friend bought the wrangler. Its fine but with this car you get so much for your money and the spare tire is underneath not on your back door. It wasent easy to get mine for the price i did. asking price was 24900

Uses car for Off-roading

Good car for the basics

by City driver from Chicago on Thu Feb 10 2011

My wife and I share this car in the city where we only really drive it for errands and weekend trips we take about every 2 months. So on average we put in about 5-10 miles a week and about 200-400 miles on trips. Its held up pretty good so far with minimal maintenance needed. The on complaint I've had is that the back window somehow broke and kept sliding down for no reason. We've gotten it locked since then to not roll up or down, but haven't had time yet to get it fixed.

Nice SUV with loads of extra's!

by Southern Yankee from Gainesville, GA on Fri Jan 04 2008

This vehicle didn't hit a home run, but legged out a triple. We just bought our Liberty 2 weeks ago and traded in a 2006 Liberty for it. I like the new design and there's much more room on the inside. The inside design is good, but all the plastic makes it feel cheap. Our Limited Edition has many extra's, which helped over shadow all the plastic. Rides smooth and feels much larger than our 06 model. You could easily takes this on a cross country ride and feel comfortable. I gave it 4 stars on reliability based on the 06 as we've owned it for just 2 weeks, but our 06 was very reliable. Bang for the buck was better than average and it's cheaper than the old style Liberty equipped the same. Great improvement over the previous style Liberty!!

A really Nice Jeep!!!

by eskiasorento12 from USA on Mon Dec 03 2012

The 2008 Jeep Liberty is a great, cute and reliable off road car!! it's so spacious and drives pretty well... Fuel is so-so but thats ok! the ride is smooth and i couldn't ask for anything better with a small SUV :D i love my Jeep

I love JEEPs

by vthunder from Baghdad, Iraq on Wed Sep 14 2011

I can depend on my Jeep on anything, no matter where I am going or what I am walking on, especially when it comes to places when there is no road...and well yeah this car has never let me down...Go Jeep.

Uses car for Off-roading

Love it!!!!!

by jeepgirl71 from pittsburgh, pa on Mon Mar 19 2012

I love this vehicle it goes everywhere! I also Love driving it in the snow-so happy I bought this!!!! I would for sure buy another one

Performed Well in Crash

by Relieved Mom from Omaha, NE on Sun Jul 27 2014

My son was in an accident this morning in his Jeep Liberty. Took down a telephone pole. Both he and his friend walked away without a scratch. Probably would not have been so lucky in another model.

Love this jeep

by Jeepster from Michigan on Sun Jun 22 2014

This is my first jeep. Bought as a second owner with low miles and I grabbed it quickly. I love the high ride, safety of a larger vehicle, and over all feeling of enjoying what I drive. Wish the gas mileage was better, but then it is a 4x4 and the extra gas is worth my High ride. I will continue now to always have a jeep through my driving years.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Jeep Liberty

With its redesign of the Liberty, Jeep has taken what was one of the first cute-utes on the market and turned it into a macho off-roader. That transformation may have been well executed, but it leaves the Liberty in a strange place in Jeep's lineup. True offroad enthusiasts can get a Wrangler, while those looking for a smaller city ride can get a Patriot or Compass. Because of its minute differences in size and capability compared to other Jeeps, the Liberty is left the tiniest of voids to fill. After a week driving the new model, I think there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Exterior
Over the past few years, Jeep has consistently designed vehicles in the vein of its beloved Cherokee of the... Read More