2010 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2010 Jeep Liberty
4.0
Average based on 13 reviews

Wow, didnt expect this out of a bankrupt automaker

by from Naperville, IL on May 20, 2010

After 3 years of problems with our A4, we needed something else. Needed to be capable of snow and had to be somewhat fun. Well, we found it. After stumbling across this on a Sunday afternoon, we knew we had to have it! What a surprise it has been! Pros: Winter driving- true 4x4, not a pansy "awd crossover," prefer this to our XC90 T6 AWD in snow Safety- enough airbags and sheetmetal to protect us Luxury- Navigation and Sirius are seamless, could not do without, as are the heated leather seats SUNROOF- the Sky-Slider roof makes this car a blast in the summer! Why get a Wrangler and compromise all the comforts of this car? Off Road Capability- took this to our house in Phoenix and took a few "excursions" along the way and while we were there...take my word, it's most definitely 'Trail-Rated' Cons- Fuel Economy- well we knew this going into the purchase, and we can deal with it. For those curious ones, we get about 17.5 around town here and about 22 on the open road around 75mph Cargo Space- a lot smaller than we would have liked, but we heck if we wanted to swallow a pool table, we would have gotten a Commander Price- loaded, it gets expensive. However, there is plenty of room for negotiation...trust me ;) Seating capacity- this is our fault. We didn't feel the need for another 3-row vehicle, so we didn't plan on buying one. However, this is the choice vehicle to take out and with a family of 6, we have to suffice with the XC90...oh well, that is our own fault Overall, we are very happy with our purchase and would recommend it to anyone. It's amazing how much the US automakers have turned themselves around, and this is a decent example. Buy it now before it becomes another Fiat!

2010 jeep liberty , very underrated

by from Minnesota on July 28, 2010

I was not a big fan of the old jeep liberty, but i have to say the new 2010 jeep liberty just blows me away. I have always been a Gmc or ford guy. I would never even give jeep a look. I have only had this jeep for a week and i am very happy that i brought it. Good quality build , which i did not expect. Lots of space. I am 6ft1 and it feels very roomy. I done just over 200 miles on Minnesota roads and its rides like a dream. I am so looking forward for the Minnesota Winter , to really try this baby out. Give the new jeep liberty a test drive. i think you will be very surprised.

Great value

by from Port Jefferson New York on August 4, 2010

It's a Jeep, you do not buy this for speed and performance. Great on the beach with plenty of power. Buy the tow package, for $500.00 you can't touch that price in aftermarket

Jeep

by from North Idaho on May 26, 2011

I have owned 59 vehicles, the last 3 were Jeeps and have been great! I will purchase another in 2 years.

Jeep Liberty Limited 2010

by from La Crosse, Wisconsin on January 4, 2013

I like most things about this jeep; but I wish it had an inside lever to open fuel door; and that you can not see front of front quarter panels , when you need to. These are things I noticed so far, have not driven much; but really enjoy otherwise.

So far, so great

by from Lincoln, Nebraska on November 28, 2013

Perfect fit for me and what I use it for. Nice sized SUV. Not too light and not too heavy. Gas mileage not the best but I won't complain since I knew what I was getting into. Nice interior and exterior look. I'm a Jeep man now. Very happy!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I love it!!! :)

by from New Haven, CT. on February 21, 2014

It's a great car! I love it! It drives smooth. I have cool sunroof! I can't wait for the summer time. :)

The money pit

by from Cincinnati, oh on July 1, 2016

We bought our 2010 Liberty in 2012, only 20k miles. Since then I have replaced 2 door locks totaling over $1200, the AC went out, the power windows went out and I haven't had time yet to have the squeaking seat (without a body in it) looked at. We have 18 months left to pay on this truck and it can't come fast enough! We bought it to keep forever, hoping to give it to our daughter when she is old enough to drive. It will never make it! With only 55k miles, the expensive repairs put into the truck along with required maintenance have made this "affordable" vehicle a money pit with no end in sight. I was so excited to purchase a Jeep, an American icon, and now I wish I looked into other auto makers. As soon as I can get rid of it, I will. Until then, I'll have to keep dishing out thousands to keep it running. I will never consider another vehicle from this auto maker.

2010 jeep liberty sport

by from toronto on September 11, 2016

bought it in 2016 . had 98000km on it have had no issues with it at all. pros good on hwy and off road mudding great for winter driving. with winter tires..dont use all seasons you wont get traction and will just slip jeep has lots of power. in the winter engine starts in -25 cons not the greatest on gas

good car for the money

by from New York, NY on December 8, 2010

I am very happy with this truck so far, I only have 1000 miles on it. The gas milage is very dissappointing, other than that its a great truck so far.