2012 Liberty

2012 Jeep Liberty

2012 Jeep Liberty

Have You Driven the 2012 Jeep Liberty?

Love it

by Got Jeep from Binghamton, NY on Sun Jul 20 2014

I have had a 2005 liberty, and I have a 2012 liberty a 2013 patriot, and a 2014 wrangler. I love them all, But my wife, and I both seem to fight over taking the 2012 liberty. Its large, and in charge. I call it my black rhino. Has great get up and go. The one with no power is the patriot. Nice styling Gas is about the same as the wrangler. Wish Jeep would bring them back, and keep them as they are. Not make them look like a Rav 4 like so many of the new SUV's out there. If you want a Jeep the liberty fits the bill.

Glad I Drove it after Reading Poor Reviews

by RD from Kentucky on Wed Jan 30 2013

I can't belive they beat this vehicle up like they do. It is a Jeep 4X4 and that is what I wanted. I just puchased it and drove from Kentucky to Florida the next day. This thing was comfortable the whole 10 hour trip. I love the way it drives and it is very quiet. I had looked at a lot of SUV's and purchased the Liberty with the Latitude Package. You cannot find anything out there with all the options for the money. It has heated leather seats, bluetooth, heated mirrors, Sat. Radio, Garage door opener and 4Wheel drive with down hill assist and a lot more for around 24K. Just try to beat that Expert's. If you are looking for a new 4X4 and don't want to spend 40 thousand, don't listen to the Expert reviews and go drive one

My First Jeep product

by First Jeep from Zepher Cove, NV on Tue May 21 2013

This is my first Jeep. I am a former Volvo and Mercedes owner. I feel that the Liberty is well made and a great everyday driver. I have read reviews that people complain about the interior quality, I feel for a Jeep it's above par. The only thing I would have liked to see is better gas milage.

Great ride, for entry level student

by Car for Daughter from Novi, MI on Thu May 21 2015

The Jeep Liberty is a perfect buy for a new driver. It is safe, rigid and gives a reasonably good ride. The visibility is outstanding, as the driver sits tall. The styling is angular, very stoic! The fuel economy is not stellar, a small sacrifice to an otherwise riice driving car. Maintenance is very reasonable. There is no timing belt to change. The heater core seems to be the only achilles heal. Replacement of that can be avoided with coolant flushes every 50K miles. All in all, great buy!!

Great vehicle

by sccoast1700 from Conway SC on Sat Mar 15 2014

I have a 2007 Liberty sport. It has a manual transmission. I have owned it since 2007 and now it's 2014. I drove it on many long trips. South Carolina to Upper Michigan. South Carolina to NY . Many other places. It is a very reliable vehicle. I have gotten 25 mpg on the highway when I use cruise control and keep it to 70 mph. Now I have 112000 miles on it and it's still going strong. I have a friend with a Jeep wrangler that got almost 300000 miles out of it. He says he will get another one when his current one goes bad. If you are shopping for a used Liberty, they are a good value. They hold up for alot of years. Have great cargo space. Are very comfortable on long trips. If you just want a fuel miser commuter car, don't buy one. There are many vehicles now that get over 40 mpg that you will like better. Know what you are using the vehicle for and buy something appropriate. Gas misers are great but limited in cargo space. You have to buy the right vehicle for your needs. Liberty's are a great value for a used car. They don't hold their resale value so you can get a great vehicle at a good price. If you hate debt and want a reliable vehicle , buy a Liberty

Best yet!

by ChenChen from South Carolina on Mon Dec 30 2013

From 2002-2013 I drove a Ford Taurus that was one of the best cars I've ever owned, until the transmission went out. The Jeep dealer had a great sale going on and as soon as I found my Liberty, I fell in love! My husband and son are both over 6ft tall, so I needed something comfy for them and the grand children to ride it. I have to say that we just took our first family trip out of state with 5 family members, and it was awesome! I also live down a bumpy dirt road and the jeep handles it nicely. **Negatives - seat comfort for driver (sorry, my seat just isn't as comfortable as my old taurus) and gas mileage (with the 4x4 it's not awful but wish I got at least a few more miles to gallon)

Love at first sight

by Sci-Am-Man from Jamestown NY on Fri Nov 29 2013

I bought my Liberty Latitude new in August, 2012 and I love it! I was looking for that , now rare, truck based SUV body style with a capable 4WD (I live in the snow belt, tow a boat, and park on a slippery slope in my back yard from May `till December + or -). I didn?t have a particular brand in mind when I stepped onto the lot, but my Libby?s deep cherry red crystal pearl, sharply contoured retro truck look won my heart (that never happened with a vehicle before). Even after reading the scathing ?expert? reviews about old school power trains and stroke-inducing gas mileage, I still made the deal. Over one year, and 15000 miles later, I still find excuses to take her for a ride. I?ve had no problems?. none. My liberty has all the bells and whistles (love those heated leather seats), and is a very capable boat hauler. It?s comfortable, and handles very well. It?s just plain fun to drive. Yes, the gas mileage sucks? literally, but is about the same as the other vehicles I?ve owned since the seventies, and much better than some. I?ve simply adopted the mantra:" It?s a Jeep. I didn?t buy it for the gas mileage." It's too bad they are no longer made.

Everything I Need in a Car

by first time jeep girl from MA on Sun Nov 17 2013

I've always loved the style of these cars, but never wanted an SUV type vehicle. But with two dogs, snow in the winter, and a 15 year old car, I needed a change. This car covers all my needs and with the plush interior still pampers my girly side. Reliable, roomy, and comfy.

2012 Liberty Latitude

by KBW from Boston Ma on Wed Sep 12 2012

I absolutely love me jeep liberty. I got the latitude package which came with leather, chrome wheels, chrome accents, heated seats, and a sunroof! The expert reviews are wrong, the car is great! it has lots of power and there are basically no blind spots. I definitely recommend this to anyone out there.

Smooth Riding SUV

by NE Bugeater from Omaha, NE on Wed Aug 27 2014

Very nice riding SUV. The engine gearing seems to be sluggish at times but I suspect that is due to off road tuning vs. highway tuning. Once it goes into overdrive, the ECO indicator is nice to see. I've been getting 21 average mpg with mostly highway driving with some city driving. Interior is very quiet. I like the leather seating on the Jet package. The interior plastics are okay but the multiple pockets could use a rubber mat at the bottom similar to what is in the cub holders to keep things from sliding around.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2012 Jeep Liberty

Here's something that might surprise you: Jeep's midsize SUV, the Liberty, is less refined than the Jeep Wrangler, America's pre-eminent symbol of rugged, go-anywhere capability.

While the Wrangler has evolved along with other off-road-capable SUVs, the 2012 Jeep Liberty stirs memories of a bygone era when SUVs were brash, loud and thirsty — and that was just fine.

That may still be fine for Jeep enthusiasts, but the wider car-buying public is increasingly interested in car-based crossovers. The Jeep Liberty has little to offer these shoppers, and its throwback ways grated on a number of Cars.com editors.

The 2012 Jeep Liberty starts at $23,360 with rear-wheel drive. The model we... Read More