2012 Liberty

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Love it

by Got Jeep from Binghamton, NY on July 20, 2014

I have had a 2005 liberty, and I have a 2012 liberty a 2013 patriot, and a 2014 wrangler. I love them all, But my wife, and I both seem to fight over taking the 2012 liberty. Its large, and in charge. I call it my black rhino. Has great get up and go. The one with no power is the patriot. Nice styling Gas is about the same as the wrangler. Wish Jeep would bring them back, and keep them as they are. Not make them look like a Rav 4 like so many of the new SUV's out there. If you want a Jeep the liberty fits the bill.

Great 2012 Jeep

by FPT MARION from MARION,OHIO on March 25, 2012

I've always had a jeep and I can can tell you this is my best one. 2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Jet Edition, I Don't understand why they are stop making them . I'M very happy with mine. I only wish that they will hold it's Value. I trade about every 4 years!

Glad I Drove it after Reading Poor Reviews

by RD from Kentucky on January 30, 2013

I can't belive they beat this vehicle up like they do. It is a Jeep 4X4 and that is what I wanted. I just puchased it and drove from Kentucky to Florida the next day. This thing was comfortable the whole 10 hour trip. I love the way it drives and it is very quiet. I had looked at a lot of SUV's and purchased the Liberty with the Latitude Package. You cannot find anything out there with all the options for the money. It has heated leather seats, bluetooth, heated mirrors, Sat. Radio, Garage door opener and 4Wheel drive with down hill assist and a lot more for around 24K. Just try to beat that Expert's. If you are looking for a new 4X4 and don't want to spend 40 thousand, don't listen to the Expert reviews and go drive one

the best SUV

by skywalker from Jonesville, VA on December 7, 2011

Jeep should not quit making the Jeep Liberty. I think that this will be a huge mistake. The jeep liberty has been around for almost 10 years now. I think that it is one of the most affordable 4 wheel drive SUVs around. Most SUVs are becoming to be all wheel drive. All wheel drive vehicles are no good when you live in the mountains and need a 4 wheel drive to get out of the driveway.

Nice solid 4 wheel vehicle

by Oldies from LI, NY on August 23, 2012

I enjoy driving it. It rides very nice on the 18" tires. A very nice truck for the money, also Jeep dealer gave us a good deal.

My First Jeep product

by First Jeep from Zepher Cove, NV on May 21, 2013

This is my first Jeep. I am a former Volvo and Mercedes owner. I feel that the Liberty is well made and a great everyday driver. I have read reviews that people complain about the interior quality, I feel for a Jeep it's above par. The only thing I would have liked to see is better gas milage.

Great ride, for entry level student

by Car for Daughter from Novi, MI on May 21, 2015

The Jeep Liberty is a perfect buy for a new driver. It is safe, rigid and gives a reasonably good ride. The visibility is outstanding, as the driver sits tall. The styling is angular, very stoic! The fuel economy is not stellar, a small sacrifice to an otherwise riice driving car. Maintenance is very reasonable. There is no timing belt to change. The heater core seems to be the only achilles heal. Replacement of that can be avoided with coolant flushes every 50K miles. All in all, great buy!!

Great vehicle

by sccoast1700 from Conway SC on March 15, 2014

I have a 2007 Liberty sport. It has a manual transmission. I have owned it since 2007 and now it's 2014. I drove it on many long trips. South Carolina to Upper Michigan. South Carolina to NY . Many other places. It is a very reliable vehicle. I have gotten 25 mpg on the highway when I use cruise control and keep it to 70 mph. Now I have 112000 miles on it and it's still going strong. I have a friend with a Jeep wrangler that got almost 300000 miles out of it. He says he will get another one when his current one goes bad. If you are shopping for a used Liberty, they are a good value. They hold up for alot of years. Have great cargo space. Are very comfortable on long trips. If you just want a fuel miser commuter car, don't buy one. There are many vehicles now that get over 40 mpg that you will like better. Know what you are using the vehicle for and buy something appropriate. Gas misers are great but limited in cargo space. You have to buy the right vehicle for your needs. Liberty's are a great value for a used car. They don't hold their resale value so you can get a great vehicle at a good price. If you hate debt and want a reliable vehicle , buy a Liberty

Best yet!

by ChenChen from South Carolina on December 30, 2013

From 2002-2013 I drove a Ford Taurus that was one of the best cars I've ever owned, until the transmission went out. The Jeep dealer had a great sale going on and as soon as I found my Liberty, I fell in love! My husband and son are both over 6ft tall, so I needed something comfy for them and the grand children to ride it. I have to say that we just took our first family trip out of state with 5 family members, and it was awesome! I also live down a bumpy dirt road and the jeep handles it nicely. **Negatives - seat comfort for driver (sorry, my seat just isn't as comfortable as my old taurus) and gas mileage (with the 4x4 it's not awful but wish I got at least a few more miles to gallon)

Love at first sight

by Sci-Am-Man from Jamestown NY on November 29, 2013

I bought my Liberty Latitude new in August, 2012 and I love it! I was looking for that , now rare, truck based SUV body style with a capable 4WD (I live in the snow belt, tow a boat, and park on a slippery slope in my back yard from May `till December + or -). I didn?t have a particular brand in mind when I stepped onto the lot, but my Libby?s deep cherry red crystal pearl, sharply contoured retro truck look won my heart (that never happened with a vehicle before). Even after reading the scathing ?expert? reviews about old school power trains and stroke-inducing gas mileage, I still made the deal. Over one year, and 15000 miles later, I still find excuses to take her for a ride. I?ve had no problems?. none. My liberty has all the bells and whistles (love those heated leather seats), and is a very capable boat hauler. It?s comfortable, and handles very well. It?s just plain fun to drive. Yes, the gas mileage sucks? literally, but is about the same as the other vehicles I?ve owned since the seventies, and much better than some. I?ve simply adopted the mantra:" It?s a Jeep. I didn?t buy it for the gas mileage." It's too bad they are no longer made.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10