2017 Renegade

4.9 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Everything you need in a small suv

by The Natural from Anaheim, ca on April 29, 2017

Great car! It looks small but has plenty of space inside the car. Drives great and has plenty of power to get around. Nice equipped with gps navigation and other great options.

Great So Far

by TW from Piedmont, MO on September 5, 2017

Had a Honda Element that we took off road here on the farm than most Wrangler owners take offroad in their lifetime. Been waiting for something similar with even better offroad capabilities and decent gas mileage. So far, it's great! We have the Trailhawk edition as skid plates are handy here driving through creeks and pastures. I'v had wiring harnesses and dented oil pans on other vehicles, so skid plates are a definite "Plus." The suspension is a bit stiffer than the Latitude edition we test drove, but that's ok for folks used to trucks and tractors. We don't EXPECT a Jeep to drive like a Lincoln Navigator! Gas mileage is better than expected. the first 1000 miles. I'm getting 29-31 combined gravel, pastures, 2-lane and 4-lane and my wife (with the heavier foot) is getting 24-26mpg. When I'm driving 2-lane country roads, 33mpg is easily attainable is you drive "Smart" and keep your RPM's below 2-3K most of the time. Our only complaint is that we wish it had a rubberized, easily washable cargo area like the Element had and back seats that fold flat. Otherwise, we're very happy with it. Ciao, baby!

What a gem!

by Dr Clay from Western Springs IL on January 5, 2018

The Renegade has exceeded all my expectations. Lots of room, nice interior, good fuel economy, good power, nicely tuned steering feel & handling, light clutch action & smooth shift action. I purposely chose the lightest, fastest version - a Sport w/FWD & the 1.6T engine w/6-spd manual trans. Keep the revs under 2500 rpm & she's a docile puppy, keep her on full boost @3500+ rpm & you've got yourself a very zippy hot hatchback. Reminds me of my old Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & my Suzuki Swift GT. This trucklet has gobs of merging & passing power on the hwy. Best of all, my car stickered at $22K, but w/dealer & factory discounts, I got it for way, waaay less. What an incredible value. This car handles very well too, much less body roll than the 1" taller 4x4 versions & the power to weight ratio is good since it weighs 300-500 lbs less than the 4x4 version w/2.4 motor, auto trans & high level options. There are also less parasitic losses in the fwd drivetrain, so more engine power hits the ground. I tested a much more expensive Subaru Crosstrek, but nearly fell asleep from boredom while driving. Drove a Kia Soul in the same price range as the Jeep, but it was a slug too. 30 hp less than the Jeep & over 60 ft-lbs less torque. I have 3000 miles on my Renegade already & have only had it 3 weeks. Can't stop drivin her! This is definitely the cure for your driving maladies. BTW, there is an aftermarket, tuned ECU upgrade that brings the Rene up to 200 hp & 220 ft-lbs torque. Not that I would recommend such Madness!

You can't deny - this is a Fiat

by TonyWithMazda3 from Exton, PA on September 18, 2017

I am looking for fun-to-drive MT car. And Renegade is a Jeep and has MT with 1.4T, should be fun. Unfortunately, I didn't take it to snowy road or off road to tell if there is fun in this Renegade. But on regular road it is pretty slow moving vehicle but comfortable at that. Italians know how to dress and this Jeep is example of that. The cabin is one of the nicest I've seen in many low-trim cars. Buttons and switches are excellent. It just a slow car. Then there is maintenance schedule. Bi-annual brake fluid flushes. Timing belt (150K). And premium gas is recommended (read required). On top, this Jeep made of Fiat parts and neither has been know for reliable cars.

out of 5 starsReliability

Does not recommend this car!!

Safe, Comfortable, Zippy and Cute

by Bianca from Portland, OR on June 27, 2018

I own the Jeep Renegade Latitude October 2017 model. What's not to like? Let's get it out of the way first - the side panels of the windscreen's body frame make me check twice before I take off from a stop street or exit a garage, especially looking out carefully for pedestrians and cyclists. Everything else is to like! I have zero regrets buying this car. The brakes are unparalleled. Don't be put off by the boxy cuteness, it's still zippy. Comfy front seats, lots of headroom, responsive town driving - great performance; nice touch screen with rear reverse camera and a good sound system too. Good interior dashboard design, excellent air system, classic comfort and it's fun to drive - it really is. I like the solid feel our Latitude has, feeling safe and protected in a car is important to me, so I would recommend this for a family. Yes, there is not spans of packing in the back for a long camping trip so there is that to consider but the back seat drops down. Without the seat dropped down the trunk fits 3 large suitcases and numerous small bags for airport trips, so it's not an issue for us. Overall a big thumbs up for this little gem. It feels like it was designed to be appreciated with all the extra touches they added, which personalizes owning this wonderful crossover SUV.

I call her Lilly!!

by Walljeff from Richmond VA on May 9, 2018

I am in LOVE with the Jeep! It was not the small SUV that I was after. But after the test drive I was thought okay this is a nice smooth ride...the they showed me how the whole roof of the Renegade comes off and I was SOLD!!

Stylish and Affordable

by Jeep Renegade Reviewer on August 1, 2017

After owning the vehicle for a month, no regrets whatsoever. This is the perfect urban commuter car, that you can take out camping on the weekends.

Best vehicle ever

by Kim from Ormond Beach on January 17, 2018

I love my yellow Jeep Renegade. It's comfortable and looks great. I love the big window and space inside without being to big on the outside.

Coolest car I've ever had with over 35 years of dr

by Joeysnare from Peekskill, NY on May 5, 2017

I love it. Great, sporty look/features, great color ('Anvil'). Very comfortable ride, great pick up speed for a 4 cylinder vehicle.

Best car purchase ever!!!

by MMarshall from Winston-Salem NC on January 12, 2018

Love love! Safety. Reliability. Style . I am thrilled with my purchase. Great vehicle. Never had a Jeep before and I am a Jeep fan for life

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33