NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Renegade

2017 Jeep Renegade

2017 Jeep Renegade

Have You Driven the 2017 Jeep Renegade?

Great So Far

by TW from Piedmont, MO on Tue Sep 05 2017

Had a Honda Element that we took off road here on the farm than most Wrangler owners take offroad in their lifetime. Been waiting for something similar with even better offroad capabilities and decent gas mileage. So far, it's great! We have the Trailhawk edition as skid plates are handy here driving through creeks and pastures. I'v had wiring harnesses and dented oil pans on other vehicles, so skid plates are a definite "Plus." The suspension is a bit stiffer than the Latitude edition we test drove, but that's ok for folks used to trucks and tractors. We don't EXPECT a Jeep to drive like a Lincoln Navigator! Gas mileage is better than expected. the first 1000 miles. I'm getting 29-31 combined gravel, pastures, 2-lane and 4-lane and my wife (with the heavier foot) is getting 24-26mpg. When I'm driving 2-lane country roads, 33mpg is easily attainable is you drive "Smart" and keep your RPM's below 2-3K most of the time. Our only complaint is that we wish it had a rubberized, easily washable cargo area like the Element had and back seats that fold flat. Otherwise, we're very happy with it. Ciao, baby!

Everything you need in a small suv

by The Natural from Anaheim, ca on Sat Apr 29 2017

Great car! It looks small but has plenty of space inside the car. Drives great and has plenty of power to get around. Nice equipped with gps navigation and other great options.

What a gem!

by Dr Clay from Western Springs IL on Fri Jan 05 2018

The Renegade has exceeded all my expectations. Lots of room, nice interior, good fuel economy, good power, nicely tuned steering feel & handling, light clutch action & smooth shift action. I purposely chose the lightest, fastest version - a Sport w/FWD & the 1.6T engine w/6-spd manual trans. Keep the revs under 2500 rpm & she's a docile puppy, keep her on full boost @3500+ rpm & you've got yourself a very zippy hot hatchback. Reminds me of my old Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & my Suzuki Swift GT. This trucklet has gobs of merging & passing power on the hwy. Best of all, my car stickered at $22K, but w/dealer & factory discounts, I got it for way, waaay less. What an incredible value. This car handles very well too, much less body roll than the 1" taller 4x4 versions & the power to weight ratio is good since it weighs 300-500 lbs less than the 4x4 version w/2.4 motor, auto trans & high level options. There are also less parasitic losses in the fwd drivetrain, so more engine power hits the ground. I tested a much more expensive Subaru Crosstrek, but nearly fell asleep from boredom while driving. Drove a Kia Soul in the same price range as the Jeep, but it was a slug too. 30 hp less than the Jeep & over 60 ft-lbs less torque. I have 3000 miles on my Renegade already & have only had it 3 weeks. Can't stop drivin her! This is definitely the cure for your driving maladies. BTW, there is an aftermarket, tuned ECU upgrade that brings the Rene up to 200 hp & 220 ft-lbs torque. Not that I would recommend such Madness!

Safe, Comfortable, Zippy and Cute

by Bianca from Portland, OR on Wed Jun 27 2018

I own the Jeep Renegade Latitude October 2017 model. What's not to like? Let's get it out of the way first - the side panels of the windscreen's body frame make me check twice before I take off from a stop street or exit a garage, especially looking out carefully for pedestrians and cyclists. Everything else is to like! I have zero regrets buying this car. The brakes are unparalleled. Don't be put off by the boxy cuteness, it's still zippy. Comfy front seats, lots of headroom, responsive town driving - great performance; nice touch screen with rear reverse camera and a good sound system too. Good interior dashboard design, excellent air system, classic comfort and it's fun to drive - it really is. I like the solid feel our Latitude has, feeling safe and protected in a car is important to me, so I would recommend this for a family. Yes, there is not spans of packing in the back for a long camping trip so there is that to consider but the back seat drops down. Without the seat dropped down the trunk fits 3 large suitcases and numerous small bags for airport trips, so it's not an issue for us. Overall a big thumbs up for this little gem. It feels like it was designed to be appreciated with all the extra touches they added, which personalizes owning this wonderful crossover SUV.

Stylish and Affordable

by Jeep Renegade Reviewer on Tue Aug 01 2017

After owning the vehicle for a month, no regrets whatsoever. This is the perfect urban commuter car, that you can take out camping on the weekends.

Not a good used car purchase

by Kimba79 from Frederick, MD on Thu Jan 31 2019

I purchased this car to replace a Toyota Versa because I needed more room in a vehicle for my dogs. This vehicle has a very roomy interior and the reviews didn't look that bad. Worst vehicle I have ever purchased. Purchased on 11/16/2018, from 12/15 - 1/28, this vehicle was in the shop more than I had it. Eventually had to replace the transmission, now the remote start isn't working correctly. Loved the way it looks and driving it but will never purchase this type vehicle again. I know part of the problem is the Jeep dealer I purchased it from but still the worst vehicle I have ever purchased.

Does not recommend this car!!

I call her Lilly!!

by Walljeff from Richmond VA on Wed May 09 2018

I am in LOVE with the Jeep! It was not the small SUV that I was after. But after the test drive I was thought okay this is a nice smooth ride...the they showed me how the whole roof of the Renegade comes off and I was SOLD!!

Coolest car I've ever had with over 35 years of dr

by Joeysnare from Peekskill, NY on Fri May 05 2017

I love it. Great, sporty look/features, great color ('Anvil'). Very comfortable ride, great pick up speed for a 4 cylinder vehicle.

New Jeep Renegade Nice car

by JeepRenagadeFirstCar from on Fri Apr 14 2017

I just bought it so I dont know about long term reliability, but it runs good, had good power and is roomy for a small SUV.

Proud Owner of a 2018 Jeep Renegade Altitude 4X4

by Mike D from Belleville, IL on Tue Jun 19 2018

Got it on a Friday and it had 14 total miles on the odometer. Once Monday roled around I managed to get it to 300 miles on the odometer!! I’ve been driving it like crazy! I live in south Illinois so I don’t really need a Wrangler cause we don’t quite have mountains for me to drive up but this Renegade does good for the mild off-roading I do drive. If your looking for something to haul heavy loads this isn’t your car. If you have a bunch of kids and need lots of leg room in the back it isn’t your car. If you want something reliable, gets good gas mileage, good in all types of weather and mild terrain then this is your kind of car. It’s real stylish and with that turbo-charged engine, it gets up to speed pretty well for how boxy it is. Ignore any hate you might get from Wrangler owners saying ’it’s not a real Jeep’ it’s a Jeep, just for a different purpose. It’s a street car that can go off-road vs a Wrangler that is a off-road car that you car drive on the street. Love it and look forward to many years of fun!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38