2001 Wrangler

2001 Jeep Wrangler

2001 Jeep Wrangler

4.4

Have You Driven the 2001 Jeep Wrangler?

Jeep Jr.

by Spzget from Cheney Wa on Tue Nov 01 2011

I bought this Jeep used in 2003. Somehow we have melded into one. Jr. keeps me on the road in the winter and takes me anywhere I point it. Weather is no longer a consideration whether I go. It has saved me more than once. I have driven it from Spokane Wa to San Diego Ca and back several times on US395. I don't have to take the freeway, we explore the less traveled roadways. The IL 6 has all the power I need climbing the Sierras or keeping up with traffic. Averages 20 MPG. It can hold $700 of stuff from Costco. It is well maintained so I have had no major repairs with 150,000 miles. It does manage to find all the lines and bumps in the road, but it IS a Jeep. The Jeep dealer is on notice they have to keep Jr. running as long as I am. There is NO trade-in in Jr.'s future. Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I am looking for another for my wife.

funnest car to drive I've owned

by stump-jumper from Clinton county,Il on Sat Apr 18 2009

I've really enjoyed driving my jeep and if you dont need a personal vehicle for anything other than just driving,and having fun doing so,I recommend owning a wrangler,especially in the summer when you can take the top and doors off.If you need a vehicle for more functional purposes I would recomend something else.

Great fun solid vehicle

by dave07 from TN on Sat May 26 2007

well built, fun and easy to drive!! Trans shifts great, engine and trans a perfect match. Hard top is recommending as well as a bikini top. Gas milage could be better. AC is cold. Rode noise is tolerable. An all round solid vehicle

Reliable!

by Exotic Car Dreamer from Syracuse, NY on Tue Oct 18 2011

Great Car! Reliable and almost perfect condition! Enough said! -This was a focus on the vehicle's features.

First Jeep

by Latigo from Waskom, TX on Sat Sep 07 2013

My daughter decided she wanted a Jeep for her first vehicle. I always wanted a Jeep since I was old enough to drive, so I told her I would make it my mission to get her a Jeep. It's really MY Jeep; I'm just letting her drive it! I'm hooked now, and so is my daughter, so you can add two more to the Jeep Club! This Jeep was towed behind an RV more than it was driven by the previous owners, so it is in excellent condition. It handles wonderfully both on and off road. From now on, I will always have a Jeep and I think my daughter will too.

Reliable

by DJ from Pennsylvania on Wed Mar 26 2008

Goes in deep snow with ease, warm in winter, cool in summer, starts after days in 0 degree temp with ease. As with any jeep it has a hi center of gravity

great vehicle

by BOmbero from MA on Wed May 11 2011

Love my Jeep its a rough ride so if a comfy bump free trip is what your looking for its not for you. its also not fast or fuel efficient but its fun and the top and doors come off. 4WD is great in snow. all around its a good year round daily driver and completely capable of going off road.

Jeep Wrangler

by tbucket from Boise, Idaho on Sun Mar 06 2011

Since I've owned about 5-60 cars or more, I know what I want . Since I Detail, restore & build street rods if it's not exactly how I want it I change it. That's why I did not buy new, wanted hardtop, wanted inline 6, wanted auto. That''s what I bought. Factory platform was fine & have changed to suit my needs. Vehicle drives & handles fine for coil spring suspension, 6 cyl. is more than adequate torquey & responsive. Idaho bnack country is rough, factory tires were too small & street pattern. Increased by 2" & added 2" lift kit to clear wheel wells. Lift is not excessive & handling is still fine as long as you remember it's a 4X4 & not one of my vettes. Added winch & all other off-road accessories (lights, fire ext. etc). Good rig.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

4.0 5spd Wrangler

by Jbarada from Ashland, ky on Sat Sep 01 2012

I've owned this Wrangler for 4 months now. I've owned two other wranglers and currently have a Cherokee too. Every one of my Jeeps have been very durable, reliable and rough on gass. This Wrangler has been no different, it has 71k miles on it and runs as if it were new. The best gas mileage i've gotten has been 16.8 mpg. I did not purchase it as a primary vehicle, although it could be used as one. These Jeeps are purpose built and built to last, it is still important to perform regular maintenance though. I do not intend on ever selling this Wrangler, if i do it will be to buy another one.

Loads of FUN!!

by Jeep Fan from Columbus, Ohio on Thu Jul 07 2011

A fantastic vehicle to run errands and enjoy the outdoors. Great all purpose small SUV and What FUN!!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2001 Jeep Wrangler

The Jeep Wrangler is like a four-wheeled mountain bike.

The name itself embodies good ol' American toughness because it is rooted in World War II. A Jeep has a rugged aura that appeals to outdoor folks, the ones who dig hiking boots, wool socks, strong coffee and roads that are as rough as a cow track through the tallgrass prairie.

There is a loyal and hardy contingent of Wrangler owners who take their vehicles off-road, and each year DaimlerChrysler puts on 40 two-day Jeep Jamborees at a number of locations around North America so drivers can learn to perfect their off-highway driving skills under supervision. Camp Jeep is a three-day fun fest of outdoor activities targeted at Jeep owners... Read More