2009 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

2009 Jeep Wrangler
Average based on 16 reviews

It's a Jeep Thing

by from Florida on June 1, 2011

I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler X and I've added a 3" Teraflex lift kit and 33" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires. Jeep has come a long way with the JK (2007-2011) wranglers in improving the driving experience for those who use this vehicle as their daily driver. The interior is much more spacious and the interior fixtures are nicer, but remember, this is a Jeep. If you are looking for something with good gas mileage, pick another car. My city milage is around 12-13 MPG (only 14 before I added the lift kit/ oversized tires) and I'm not an aggresive driver by any means. Highway, I've gotten around 15-16. As far as performance, you aren't going to beat many vehicles off the line but wander off the pavement and there isn't another vehicle on the market that performs at the level of this Jeep.

First Jeep Wrangler

by from Wilmington North Carolina on May 5, 2009

Just bought a 09 2 door x model with the up graded wheels,power door locks and windows.would recommend this up grade package for ever day use. Pros. you sit high and know you are in a 4x4, but the jeep does handle turns with less body role would be expected. handling is better then expected for me. i have had a number of 4x4. The ride is smooth on the open road, over bumps or hard inclines you will feel how stiff the frame and suspention is, rember it is an off road vehicle. The interior is simple and funtional,you will not have to read a manual to turn on the lights. The seats are confertible but the back one is hard to get to, I wish the front seat would travel a little more forward to let people in the back. The engine is smooth and around town with some hwy driving 16-17 mpg is reasonable for me. The soft top is much quiter then expected Cons. a little more interior storage to put the little things needed, getting into the back seats. I do not think for someone new to jeeps this is a hard comprimise, a fun vehicle to drive,good over all performance for a v6. I the wrangler is a great very good vehicleand the wife loves it, so much I do not get to dive it much

outstanding in stock form

by from florida on June 25, 2009

got my new base model X two months ago. wow! is all i can say. rides great on road and off road its hard to stop. amazing vehicle. great value. rear seat useless except for kids, but i drive it so who cares if you cant fit. lol

4dr Sahara 2007

by from Buffalo NY on June 12, 2009

I love this car. The looks that you get and the compliments. It feels great. I sold my 2000 ltd Cherokee and this was the perfect flip. Goods are the freedom top is easy the back seat works for adults. The 4x4 is amazing. Bad the freedom tops scratch really easy. Overall best car i have ever owned!

best version yet

by from Syracuse, NY on December 15, 2008

I've owned 2 previous jeeps: a '97 and an '01. This by far is the best version IMO. I opted for the sunrider soft top, and I am amazed at how much quieter it is at highway speeds as compared to the previous one. Outside, it just looks nice, with wide fenders and that famous grille. Inside, there is a noticeable increase in leg room and hip room, thanks to it's widened wheel base. The 6-speed manual is a lot of fun to drive, and there are ample nooks for storage. I can't comment yet on the operation of the soft top (winter here), but it doesn't look that different from the previous version (which was pretty easy). I traded my small, economical car in for this, and so far, am very happy with my decision. Shift-on-the-fly 4WD will be great for our Upstate NY winters, and the added Electronic Stability Program and Anti-Roll Mitigation provides improved security. Gas Mileage is pretty much in the toilet, but you have to expect that when driving a brick wall around! Overall, a beautiful vehicle and highly recommended.

Super SUV

by from Iowa on June 7, 2012

Most reliable SUV, holds it's resale better than any other 4x4. If you buy it, take care of it, you can almost get your money back at trade time.

2009 Jeep Wrangler

by from Texas on September 6, 2011

Great vehicle! It is every car put into one. Tow's and drives like a truck/suv, small enough to be very maneuverable (I have the two door), and is better than a convertible since you can also take off the doors! Of course 4X4 is a plus.

The Fun Jeep

by from Metairie, LA on April 24, 2009

I've had this car for about a month and it is by far the best 4x4 I've owned. I bought the Sahara 4dr 4X4. I needed the xtra room. I was also able to get $5800 off the sticker price.

Uses car for Off-roading

Outstanding find

by from Sparks, NV on May 6, 2011

I couldn't believe how clean the car was, it looked it came off of the showroom floor. Driving it home was so easy. Cars.com, did a great job.

Uses car for Off-roading

ok vehicle

by from nesa az on July 21, 2011

second jeep ive owned and the only thing that makes this vehicle berable is because i built it in to what i weant it to be and im still not happy. relialibilty leaves some to be desired. warranty sucks. i dont think ill be buying another chrysler in a long time.