Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 51 reviews

Nice Car test drive it.

by from Up state ny on July 27, 2010

I thought I would never own a KIA. Then the Forte showed up. This is a very nice car and you cant beat the price. Mine is the ex dark chery with the sun roof and 16 inch wheels. Love the mpg's getting low 30s with comb. driving. I traded a 2003 Altima for this car so the ride is not as smooth as the Nissan but it is a lot of fun to drive. Look forward to many years with this car.

A steal on a new car!

by from West Springfield, VA on April 12, 2011

The Kia Forte EX I purchased at Fairfax Hyundai/Kia is a great value. The car is actually a Hyundai Elantra underneath. It is a proven, reliable, safe vehicle. However, due to quality issues 10 years ago before Hyundai took over, many Americans view Kia's with skepticism. Because of that, the 2010 Kia Forte has a 2000 rebate, and another 500 rebate if you trade a competitor car (like a civic. corolla, Mazda3, or Sentra. So, I bought my Forte EX sedan on December 29, 2010, and I jotted down what I was willing to pay. The sticker was $17,980, I offered 16k. They accepted the offer reluctantly, and then I got a $2500 rebate. So, I paid $13,500 for the Forte. Then, I sold my Sentra to a friend, and put down 2000 cash. So, I financed 11,500 plus tax and tags..so a total of 12k. That brought my payment to 184 mo, with a 100k warranty. I popped in my Garmin GPS and plugged in my MP3's via the car's USB port. Also, the car is gorgeous. I get a lot of women checking it out in particular. It rides great, gets 34mpg hwy, and has every option that matters. You gotta drive one. ALSO, ALL MAINTENANCE AND TIRES ARE INCLUDED. It is VERY roomy. I am 6'2" and 250 pds, and I fit perfect. I kept my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee for inclement weather and for it's massive V8 engine in the family..since it's paid for. It looks very much like a civic in the front, and a lot like a Mitsu Lancer in the back. Nice quality floor mats and a trunk tray were included as well. It does not have alloy wheels, a sunroof, or a spoiler, but it does have steering wheel controls for the stereo, cruise, etc. The stereo has 6 speakers and jams. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl has 156 HP, and has a reliable 4spd automatic. Second gear is very tall, so dont expect warp speed unless you floor it, but it is a light car, and has more base horsepower than any car in it's class. I could go on, but I am tired of typing. -Maxpower (I got the name off my wifes hairdryer)

Really like the Forte SX

by from Marticopa, AZ on April 7, 2011

We purchased a brand new 2010 Forte SX for 15,500... this thing is fully loaded.. sticker price was 21,000, but becuase it was a 2010 and we purchased in February of 2011 we got a dealer discount of 3500. We got 1500 rebate ( because it was "last year's" model ), we got 500 owner loyalty ( traded in our Kia Sportage ) and we got my wife's favorite color... Spicey Red !! So far everything about the car is great... it rides a little stiff but that's expected with the SX trim. The seats are comfortable , blue tooth works good, acceleration is really good, averaging about 29 mpg ( that's mixed city / hwy driving ). So far the only little thing that I could call a con is the shifter.. you kind of have to zig zag it up and down from park to reverse or drive ( 2011 models it is a straight up and down motion ). So far we have about 1400 miles and it has impressed all the way, KIA has come a long way.

Forte beats them all

by from PA on September 24, 2010

I'm a very stingy buyer, i shopped all cars, this one beat hands down them all. BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!

Amazing Vehicle

by from Pittsburgh. PA on August 12, 2010

Great vehicle. Roomy for a small car. Great pickup and performance. Lots of standard items that would be expensive options on other cars. Runs great. Great mileage. 13000 miles with no problems.

KIA Forte Rocks!!!

by from Palm Bay, FL on March 9, 2011

I was able to purchase this 2010 model car at $12,550 when all said and done... which is incredible when comparing it to all the other car models that compete with the Forte. What a deal!!! You get bluetooth and satellite radio standard.. It has a zippy engine that gets good gas mileage, too! I love the Forte.

Best car I've ever owned

by from Enoree, S.C. on July 24, 2011

Handles Great, Looks Sporty & is great on gas. Bought this car new & have driven it 23000 miles so far with no problems at all. I would recommend this car to anyone

Trying Kia

by from Rochester NY on May 24, 2011

I had to because that's all I could afford. 11K for a brand new Kia 2010 Forte. i drive roughly 40K a year so the warranty played a big part in the purchase decision. The best part? The sticker advertizes 30-34 mpg. I bought the 5 speed manual and I get 38 - 41 mpg. Gas Station-Sad, Wallet-very happy !!! Good acceleration in all gear (even in fifth). A little noisy at higher speeds on highway. So far so good. Will write more after 30K. No nickname.

Great Car!

by from Fair Lawn, NJ on April 28, 2010

I love my new car. We paid $17,428 (includes taxes) for thie Forte which included the "Economy Fuel Package". Most important to me is long-term reliability (My last car was a 1997 Saturn), so the real results won't be known for 10 years. At this point I am delighted with my purchase.

Excellent Car that matches Hyndai known quality

by from southern OH on March 16, 2010

I was attracted to the price/size/performance compared to Japanese cars that I own/have ownd several (H,N,T). I drove the my LX on the hwy for the first several trips and achieved 40.5 mpg (100% hwy)! I like the smart engineering in the automatic 4 speed that runs the engine at lower rpm than the competition - hence excellent gas mileage. I expect the car to last past the great warranty. Keep up the good work Kia!

Our Expert Review: 2010 Kia Forte