2018 Niro

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Hybrid or Not

by RoadtripMama from Houston, TX on January 11, 2018

I love the quiet and the fuel economy. I hate that I have to sacrifice the ample storage of my Sorento, the SUV height and the numerous storage compartments on the doors, dash and arm rest however. The ride is smooth, the wheel responsive and it brakes quite well. I like the suspension and how it handles in tight curves and during excellerated turns. The car has surprising pickup for a hybrid. I like it over the Prius which I had on my radar until testing the Niro. I can't wait to take a real road trip. Overall it's a good car. Still learning all the features and pleased to say much of which I have done without using the manual so far. The 10 year warranty eases some of my fears adding to my comfort. I wish lumbar support was standard or at least offered on all models. Still it is a good purchase.

I've always wanted a hybrid, Kia made it possible

by Kvastola from Yuba City on February 27, 2018

When I went car shopping, I had no idea that a hybrid was in my price range. I love the Kia Brand they have the best warranties. When I decided to get a new Kia and was introduced to the Niro, I took a test drive. I was hooked, the engine is so quiet, the comfortable seats are great for long rides. The back seats are roomy and the trunk/storage compartment is also very big. That is why I looked at it seriously right away, because the Sportage was to big and the Soul was to small. This size is perfect for me. One big point is the gas consumption. I'm saving money, the mileage is amazing on this car I will recommend and have done so to my Family, Clients and Friends.

Kia Niro Hybrid delivers on promises

by NAPA fan from Napa California on June 14, 2018

KIA as always delivers a good deal with all the features that are loaded on the car and the warranty continues to be the best in the car market. My average mpg has been around 50+ mpg..which is so great that I had hard time believing it until I checked it several times as I filled the gas tank. Even in rush hour traffic! Lots of room for my tall friends in the back seat as well as the front. The entertainment system has lots of features that I'm still learning but I like that I can load up my own playlists and not have to depend on Sirus when driving cross country. While I can display all that's on my phone on the Kia screen I still use my phone on a phone holder when using Google maps as I prefer the road level view but you can just use the Kia screen if you want to. I like that you can more power when needed by having the gas and electric motors combined to give it that extra horsepower when merging onto freeways. Handles well and the seating is comfortable.

Nice little SUV with great gas mileage

by NewKiaOwner from St. Michaels on March 10, 2018

This is a cute little hybrid SUV that gets great gas mileage. I traded a Chevy Volt, which I loved but it wasn’t holding any value as the newer models come out. The Niro doesn’t have as much pick up as the Volt, but it’s acceptable as an SUV. The interior is very comfortable and everything is well within my reach (I’m only 5’2” so some of the bigger SUVs are not a good fit for me).

KIA hybrid is a winner.

by KAD from WV on April 3, 2018

I previously owned a Toyota Prius and was happy with it. However I was looking to economize and the KIA Niro came in at a terrific price with just as many bells and whistles— if not more. Apple Car Play is a nice addition. I’m getting better mileage too- about 54 MPG compared to 46 for Prius.

SUV with great gas mileage

by BlueBox from Valley City, OH on April 3, 2018

This car surpassed my expectations. I have had it for a couple of months and the gas mileage had been averaging about 42 MPG. It has plenty of power and with the touring package all of the amenities I wanted. Kia has excelled in the build of this vehicle so far.

Doesn?t drive like a hybrid

by Kia convert from Toronto, On on April 11, 2018

I live in a city so don?t really need an off-road vehicle. I park off a lane way which doesn?t get cleared in the winter so I need ground clearance for the snow. I wanted a hybrid for the fuel efficiency, and an averaging 5.6 L/100km. The cab is nice and roomy, the 6 speed transmission is smooth and way more responsive than a CVT. In sport mode it really jumps and it corners like it?s on rails. It feels tight. Got the touring model with all the bells and whistles, it?s very comfortable, superbly equipped and for the price, amazing. JD Power award for best initial build, the engineering is solid. Looks pretty clean too.

More bang for your buck

by MKK816 on June 5, 2018

Kia is one of the best in the league for bang for your buck. I got the EX model and it comes with every bell and whistle that the luxury vehicles have. And truthfully that's what set the Niro a part from the others I was looking at. The Niro is really pretty great. Mileage is exactly as it says (which is not necessarily true with the Touring trim level, which is why I didn't want it), I drive 2 hours a day in mixed driving, and I range from getting 50-58 MPG. Space is great and we've already taken full advantage of it - the other day we bought a used weight bench with weights and it fit just fine (it was taken apart). I definitely recommend it.

Hybrid technology has come a long way

by SewGirl60 from Riverton, NJ on June 11, 2018

My last hybrid was a 2009 Ford Escape. I loved that car but Ford stopped making them. I was excited to find the Niro. It is a bit smaller than my Escape but it suits my needs. The battery is placed so that there is plenty of cargo space and the back seats fold down flat. I love the integration of Apple CarPlay and adaptive cruise control. The back up camera and lane change warnings add safety. I drove the car 300 miles in one day - the seat was comfortable and I achieved 60 mpg! This performance doesn't come close to other hybrid SUVs available today. * I gave Reliability at 3 star rating because I haven't owned the car long enough to gauge its reliability.

First Hybrid electric car I own. High mileage a +

by AGBeck from Florham Park on April 10, 2018

Hybrid excellence boring to drive. Good pickup, not so fun to drive, styling ok. Getting 47 miles to a gallon is superb! Go lease one

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10