2018 Kia Niro consumer reviews

Explore the 2018 Kia Niro
Shop the 2018 Kia Niro
4.0

Starting 2 Have A Issue

Really love my Niro, mpg is a very big plus! but now engine light comes on, health report told me, powertrain, took in and the dealership told me needs vacuum pump and filter, bought new 2018. KIA is seeing the issue with the Niro.

I love this car

Besides the incredible gas mileage, my Niro is so quiet and smooth. I love the space in the interior, and the extetior. You won't regret getting a Niro.

Great car!

Love the car, it is very high tech compared to my last one. Super smooth drive and I feel very safe while driving it around.

Best road trip vehicle ever!

I absolutely love my car! I have owned my car for 2 years and enjoyed every single mile of my 57,000 miles driven! It has the brightest headlights around (becareful people often mistake them for high beems). Perfect for driving around town, taking a cross country trip to Cali for a wedding, or to the mountains to enjoy nature and camping! I love this car 100%.

4.4

So far so good, only had it 3 days.

Car rides nice is roomier than it looks and gets wonderful gas mileage. Only having it 3 days not a lot to say but so far nice.

I love this car

Extremely reliable, excellent utility, efficient, and drives superbly. 120k in the last two years and it's been flawless. The only thing I don't love about it is there overly aggressive cruise control.

Great economy

I love this car its by far the nicest car i have owned. We took it on a 1000 kilometer trip last summer and got 5.9 litres to 100k going 120 kph. when we took smaller highways at say 95 to 105 we got around 5.1 per 100k. Thats about 44 us mpg. That may not be stellar mileage but its better than the cars that we have owned before. It gets better mileage ln the city by the way .

Fantastic commuter car!

I bought my Niro Touring new during Labor Day weekend, 2018. My 26 mile commute each way to work takes typically 1-1.5 hours. Traffic is stop-and-go and is at times nothing less than horrendous. The Niro has proved to be a perfect car for this type of commute. I average around 52 mpg. With 22,500 miles on it, the car has been amazingly dependable. No problems experienced at all. It’s very comfortable.

3.6

It is a car worth considering.

This car has a lot of interesting and useful features but and it is a big but it does have some basic safety issues. Because of this I would not recommend it to any other user, though from my own perspective I am content to live with them in the short term until I can contact Kia and inform them of the issues. Hopefully they are already aware of them.

Love the gas mileage

I traded in my Volvo XC60 2015 for this hybrid. I wanted a all electric Tesla, but didn’t have Tesla money. My X husband suggested I look at this car because it was higher up which maKes it easy to get in and out. The Volvo was running me $50 a week in gas and the Kia runs me about $100 month. This alone saves me money and you wouldn’t compare a Volvo to a Kia, overall I’m happy that I purchased the car and have over 50,000 miles on a 2018 Kia Niro Hybrid and have not had any mechanical issues with the car.