2018 Niro

2018 Kia Niro

2018 Kia Niro

Have You Driven the 2018 Kia Niro?

Hybrid or Not

by RoadtripMama from Houston, TX on Thu Jan 11 2018

I love the quiet and the fuel economy. I hate that I have to sacrifice the ample storage of my Sorento, the SUV height and the numerous storage compartments on the doors, dash and arm rest however. The ride is smooth, the wheel responsive and it brakes quite well. I like the suspension and how it handles in tight curves and during excellerated turns. The car has surprising pickup for a hybrid. I like it over the Prius which I had on my radar until testing the Niro. I can't wait to take a real road trip. Overall it's a good car. Still learning all the features and pleased to say much of which I have done without using the manual so far. The 10 year warranty eases some of my fears adding to my comfort. I wish lumbar support was standard or at least offered on all models. Still it is a good purchase.

KIA hybrid is a winner.

by KAD from WV on Tue Apr 03 2018

I previously owned a Toyota Prius and was happy with it. However I was looking to economize and the KIA Niro came in at a terrific price with just as many bells and whistles— if not more. Apple Car Play is a nice addition. I’m getting better mileage too- about 54 MPG compared to 46 for Prius.

Nice little SUV with great gas mileage

by NewKiaOwner from St. Michaels on Sat Mar 10 2018

This is a cute little hybrid SUV that gets great gas mileage. I traded a Chevy Volt, which I loved but it wasn’t holding any value as the newer models come out. The Niro doesn’t have as much pick up as the Volt, but it’s acceptable as an SUV. The interior is very comfortable and everything is well within my reach (I’m only 5’2” so some of the bigger SUVs are not a good fit for me).

SUV with great gas mileage

by BlueBox from Valley City, OH on Tue Apr 03 2018

This car surpassed my expectations. I have had it for a couple of months and the gas mileage had been averaging about 42 MPG. It has plenty of power and with the touring package all of the amenities I wanted. Kia has excelled in the build of this vehicle so far.

So far I Love This Car

by Mia Kia from Palm Sorings, Ca on Tue Jul 03 2018

I have onky owned the KIA for three weeks. But so far I am delighted with this car. The only downside Ihave noticed has been written about in some of the professional reviews. At higher soeeds, say 70, if you want to pass another car the power is not great. Ive driven from Palms Slrings to Phoenix and this came up once or twice due to the 75 mph speed limit in Arizona. Otherwise I love the interior, the media system, gps, etc. much easier to use than my late Honda.

Doesn?t drive like a hybrid

by Kia convert from Toronto, On on Wed Apr 11 2018

I live in a city so don?t really need an off-road vehicle. I park off a lane way which doesn?t get cleared in the winter so I need ground clearance for the snow. I wanted a hybrid for the fuel efficiency, and an averaging 5.6 L/100km. The cab is nice and roomy, the 6 speed transmission is smooth and way more responsive than a CVT. In sport mode it really jumps and it corners like it?s on rails. It feels tight. Got the touring model with all the bells and whistles, it?s very comfortable, superbly equipped and for the price, amazing. JD Power award for best initial build, the engineering is solid. Looks pretty clean too.

Love it so far!

by Suzi from AZ on Tue Aug 21 2018

Bought the Niro about 2 weeks ago and like it much better than expected. I owned two Prius' before - last one for 8 years and would still have it except it got flattened by a falling tree in a storm. Decided to go with a small SUV, either a plug-in hybrid or an all electric. Looked at the Leaf and really liked it but didn't see stopping on trips for an hour to recharge. Next up was the Niro and the Rav4. The Niro won out due to 10k less price, 0% interest, and higher gas mileage. So far my gas mileage is better than the Prius and better than expected - averaging about 48mpg with one trip at 85mpg due to mostly using the electric motor only. The only two issues I have are (why 4 stars for design): 1. no homelink and 2. not much storage space in the driver compartment. The Niro is comfortable, nice looking, lots of great features, fun to drive, and great gas mileage. Four stars for reliability because I've only had it about 2 weeks and never had a Kia before so can't really say yet.

Roomy SUV for a hybrid

by Michael D on Mon Mar 05 2018

This car definitely meets my needs and has comfortable lumbar heated seats which are a must for such a leg roomy vehicle plus laydown rear seats for storage and can get a tow hitch installed.

It was good enough to convert me to a hybrid.

by DooWop Jim from Gilroy,CA on Sun Mar 04 2018

The Kia Niro turned out to be better than I expected. I had almost decided on a different vehicle. When I found out how comfortable the Niro was, and that it had all the features I wanted, I was surprised to find it was $4000 less than my "first choice."

Most Fuel Efficient, Enjoyable Car On the Market

by Angryshopper from Houston, TX on Thu May 10 2018

The Niro delivers when it comes to fuel efficiency. The added treat however the pickup. It handles like a sports car, takes turns like a Porsche. The Niro is as attractive and stylish as it is fun to drive. The Niro brought back the road trip with fun. The interior comfort is great. The only draw backs are the lack of interior comforts such as truck space, cargo covers which are now no longer standard. I miss the benefits of the Sorento but the fuel efficiency balances out. The Niro is definitely a worth while purchase.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11