2012 Kia Rio consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Rio Kia
Explore the 2012 Rio Kia
Shop the 2012 Rio Kia

Great first car

Great on gas I got 30mpg and never had a single issue. Great for first time drivers . Great for commuting as well. Overall great car

2.9

Too many costly repairs not covered by warranty

71,000 miles and instrument cluster panel, not working. In addition to not knowing exact problem, add fuel sensor replacement to repairs suggested. Not covered by warranty, price to repair in thousands.

Drives smooth and rounds turns beautifully.

I liked the features of USB ports and aux. Really liked the feature of how many more miles to drive before needing fuel. Easy to see over dash and backing up.

4.4

Good commuter

Has all the features I really wanted (usb, aux, multiple charge ports, manual transmission) and none of the ones I was ambivalent on (powered windows, power locks). Can’t comment on reliability yet as I’ve only had it for 1 month. Has a lot of power at highway speeds while getting excellent fuel economy (~40mpg). It could be better straight out the gate.

Favorite Car

This car was a huge update from my 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer I previously owned. It has Bluetooth connection, hands free functions, Sirius XM, AUX Input, touch screen, big trunk space, I definitely would recommend this vehicle to a friend or to anyone that hasn't owned a KIA before, I know plenty of people who own KIA's and I am proud to have one myself!

2.1

Great car for the first three years......

Great car for the first three years. I kept up with all the maintenance, tires oil. As soon as I noticed anything it was in the shop. I had so much stuff go wrong with it. In all I spent more that $4000 in repairs and then when they told me I had 2 fuel injectors going I said enough is enough and traded it in.

Liked it so much I bought a 2017.

Met all my needs. Easy to handle. Great gas mileage. Large trunk. When I needed more space the back seats were easy to fold down. Easy to park in down town areas. Silver color easy to keep clean.

4.3

Great starter car or any who runs around alot

Great gas mileage with tons of room for shopping and traveling. This has been so reliable for our kids but time for MOM to get her dream car since they are all out of the house.

Best Car I've Owned

With a spacious interior and modern accessories, this vehicle proved great for easy daily commute, as well as fun road trips. The reliability and gas mileage accommodated to any type of use and was the at the top for comfort.

Incredible value for sweet ride

This car has spring in its step and pep in its ride. I am 5'4 and my partner is 6'2 and we never have to adjust the seat. Designed well, and fits absolutely anything I've tried to put in it. Great deal for a great ride.