Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 Rio

2016 Kia Rio

2016 Kia Rio

Have You Driven the 2016 Kia Rio?

Great Value Car

by heiliner from Seattle on Thu Sep 22 2016

I'm told rental car companies are soon to dump these vehicles on the market for resale. They make excellent commute vehicles, or starter cars for young drivers. I had a limited amount of money to spend on a new car. I considered the Chevrolet Sonic, the Scion IA, and the KIA Rio Sedan. Based on price, warranty, and overall quality, I purchased the KIA Rio Sedan. I purchased the EX model. On the road I am getting between 39-41 mpg. In Seattle traffic I am getting between 23-26 mpg. The KIA Rio Sedan has 138 hp making much faster than the other two vehicles. It doesn't slow down on hills. The KIA is very quiet inside. The fit and finish of the interior is amazing for a lower priced car. The overall quality of the car shows real concern at the factory level to get the car assembled right. The only TWO concerns I have had with the car are : (1) poor rear window visibility and (2) a low passenger seat. In the past I have always purchased Hondas or Toyotas, however, I think KIA has caught up or passed both of the famous Japanese auto makers. Pricing, product quality, and warranty caused me to purchase this KIA.

Katie

by KD from Mayetta ks on Fri Mar 10 2017

My Rio looks almost like my Volvo xc90 only smaller. 4 doorsand a hatch back make getting in and out with the stuff of daily living easy.its pretty strong for a r barrel and keeps up with traffic well.I do have to remember sheen switching g between cars that its lighter and the back end gets pushed around in the wind somewhat. All you have to do is drop your speed a bit to compensate. There's a surprising around of head and leg room and the feel inside is as comfortable as the bigger Volvo. Its excellent on gas mileage where I average 28 mpg highway and somettimes as much as 35 while in the city 25 mph is what I usually notice. My gas costs to work and back have be cut in half..makes mom a happy camper :) as far as seating goes we sat five people comfortably in it and the storage area is big enough for another kid if needed or in our case..the family dog. For the money its a good little economy car.

little tank

by Dolphin-watcher from VIRGINIA BEACH, VA on Fri May 05 2017

LOVE IT! Second Rio (the older one still driven by my husband everyday to work) we've purchased, and when it was time to downsize my car, thought we'd check another one. Super nice to drive, great maneuvering. We don't need a lot of gadgets, bells, or whistles, so it is a pared down one, but a fun car to drive.

funniest and most stylish car i've owned

by chillinwork from md on Tue Jun 27 2017

the outside looks amazing i'm a four-eyed dork work some quirks and tiny bit of edge so this car matches me perfectly. It's a cute edgy design the seats are comfortable, firm and the cars a zippy little thing. the acceleration is slow maybe 60 sec and the back seat space is cramped for tall folk but thats because they made a huge trunk like fit a few bodies in size. i love the music system and the lx version i got was inexpensive and prob a loaded version cause the things gots bluetooth and other greays features lux vehicles have. This is my commuting and cruising car so the gas 27/34, tunes, and comfort are big must on my list whoch this car gives in a ton. best description big surprises come in small packages

Great car!

by hvacjoe68 from on Fri Apr 21 2017

Fuel efficient average 35 mpg. Plenty of power and comfort. Reliable and stylish design! I drove from Connecticut to Minnesota with no problems. Great mpg.!

Love it

by Carolyn from Dover, Fl on Tue Mar 21 2017

Great little car for the price. Fun to drive. I went from a large luxury car to this model but find it comfortable and economical.

Fantastic car

by Cforsyth from Carlsbad, CA on Thu May 18 2017

I've been car shopping for a while and finally decided on the Kia Rio. I'm young and I needed a newer car, and this one is perfect for me! Great gas mileage, comfortable, lots of leg room too. So glad I got it!

Newest car I have ever owned

by RIOBABY from Columbia on Mon May 22 2017

Just the right size no blind spots. Everything I need in comfortable reach. Love the gas mileage I get per fill-up, I love the quiet smooth ride.

Car driving experience is very comfortable

by Connie M from Wheatridge CO on Fri Mar 31 2017

The look and feel of the car is elegant and fancy but like "everyday" people. I went from driving a stick shift bare essentials vehicle to an automatic "bells & whistles " car. This being a big change for me the Kia really has helped that process.

Has everything I ever wanted

by Sammy from Hawthorne, ca on Tue May 23 2017

I love it, I meets all my needs from seat warmers to being easy on gas. The Kia Rio is one of all the cars that I have owned. Has by for been absolutely amazing to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 6