2002 Kia Sedona

Superb Van For A Busy Man

by from Oyster Bay, New York on April 27, 2012

I had always thought Kia cars were bland and unexciting. Not anymore! I had a limited budget when I bought my Sedona. My kids love this minivan. Reliability is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T! The V6 engine is strong and the Kia is a lot of fun to drive. In my opinion, the original Sedona is MUCH BETTER than today's model. Quite impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!

very good for growing family

by from Memphis, TN on January 15, 2007

Bought with another child on the way and in desperate need of a SAFE vehicle with more room. Looked at the competition, but for the price and safety considerations the Sedona was the absolute best choice. Surprising power for a minivan, does not disappoint when in need of that little extra to get by.

Least Reliable Car I Have Ever Owned

by from okc on July 14, 2008

leaked anti freeze all over the place and the radiator over heated and the engine block cracked plus the ac broke down a week earlier so i sold it and bought an new charger

last kia

by from Oklahoma City, OK on August 3, 2006

bought my sedonna brand new - and had problems within just a few months - at first all the problems were fixed with no problem but the closer to the warranty ending the longer it began to take to get the van fixed. problems include bad cd player, broken sun visor, alternator, air coditioner compressor, gas pump and various engine problems regarding the gas intake and acceleration - stalling problems. there have been numerous recalls and patches this vehicle has required. I will never buy another first year model again - better to get a vehicle that has had the bugs worked out of it.

family van

by from va on June 4, 2009

i owned sedona from one year.we drove 8000 miles.i bought it beause very cheap to buy compare to other vans.since one year i have changed alternator and battery.sedona 2002 to 2005 good for short trips but not for long trips.gas mileage not good in city.cargo space not enough if your kids using stroller.driving and handling are good.but its worth of money as a used van.

Excellent Buy, Very Reliable

by from Independence, OR on January 3, 2007

After owning a Sedona for 3 years I find myself very sad to let mine go. It has been a wonderful car and I love driving it. One of the best cars I have owned. I am only parting with it because it can not be side converted for a wheelchair ramp access. Alas, much loved van.

5 star safety rating

by from Tucson, Arizona on August 30, 2006

One owner, clean, 43.000, 6 captain chairs, rear air, luggage rack, all power, keyless entry, dark tinted windows, new tires, good gas mileage, very comfortable family van.

don't buy a kia

by from Florida on January 3, 2007

As soon as it was out of warranty, it fell apart. The alternator went, the a/c had to have major work. It started leaking power steering fluid, leaking oil and leaking in the rack and pinion. A heater hose got a leak in it and they had to remove part of the engine to replace it. BIG BUCKS! Kia won't let anyone else make most of their parts so you have to buy it from them and they charge 3/4 times for the parts. Beware.

I'd do it again

by from Tampa, FL on December 28, 2010

Have had this car since the first vehicle year of 2002. The only repari we have ever had on it was a transmission fluid fitting that had come loose about 2 years after we purchased it. We've done lots of driving, both city and highway. Carried passengers. Caried heavy music equipment. Etc. Mainatinence consisted of regular oil changes and windshiel wiper replace ments. One set of tires (the Korean tires are great). This past year, we had the brakes done for the first time, the timing chain replace (routine maintainencae) and the AC compressor don. Absolutely NO complaints. Except the tailgate is extremely heavy. Don't recommend it for a short person or someone who is not very strong.

good car

by from illinois on May 24, 2010

good van poor strut mounts replace with after market is better then dealer and very low gas mileage great leg room and very reliable van fun too drive

Our Expert Review: 2002 Kia Sedona