2004 Sedona

3.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Most Practical Vehicle I've Owned

by Automobile Enthusiast from Little Rock, AR on February 14, 2008

Power: Excellent Milage: 16/19 mpg city/hwy Miles Driven: 66.5K Comfort: Good Air Conditioning: Great Stearing: Great - easy to drive Brakes: OK - Kia needs to beef them up for the sake of safety. Impressions: The van feels like it is a quality vehicle with need for some mechanical refinement. Complaints: Fuse Cover Falls off constantly (Used tape to hold on) Engine taps @ start up and sometimes during idle. It appears to "cook" the engine oil even at 1.5K miles after oil change - I switched to 10W30 full synthetic moter oil and the oil now looks much better. Radio knobs & buttoms are intermittantly working. Brake roter problems requiring work. Right from bearing or roter making noise Comments: If Kia will improve the items mentions above they will have made themselves a fine van.

WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS

by VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MINN from ISANTI, MINNESOTA on December 19, 2010

BOUGHT NEW IN 04 BECAUSE OF 10 YEAR 100.000 ADVERTISED WARRANTY..IT WAS ALWAYS WELL MAINTAINED. AT 47,000 MILES MOTOR BLEW UP. NO WARNING AT ALL, LIGHTS GAUGES ETC. WIFE DRIVING IT DOWN FREEWAY..BOOM GOT RUN AROUND FROM DEALER AND COMPANY CALLED AND WOULD NOT FIX IT. NEVER EVER WILL I OWN ANOTHER KIA PRODUCT.....DO NOT BUY!!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

nice,but trouble too

by frog from poconos,pa on April 6, 2009

Talk about a love hate thing,thats just what I have with my 2004 Sedona..runs great , very fast, powerful, but I must have replaced the rotors every 20000 mi.. the first few times under the warranty..same with the bearings...steering at 90000..now the tranny is starting to slip at 140000..I like this van except for the toxic front end...I understand the newer design have fixed some of these probs..havent decided if I`ll buy another Kia

Does not recommend this car!!

Never had any problems! :-)

by noprobs from Cali on August 31, 2011

We've had our 2004 lx since 2006, its now 2011 n we've never had a problem w it! Very reliable! Never needed any work done to it! We got it w about 19,000 miles on it n it now has almost 100,000 miles. We've used it for everything from lugging kids n their friends around town, going to work n family vacations! Excellent vehicle!

More features, more room, more reliable

by Dave from State College, PA on September 21, 2006

This car is much better than my Ford, Dodge or Nissan vehicles I have owned. Many more features than other vans for a lot less money. Power windows, locks and seats, CD and tape, windshield wiper deicers, side mirror deicers, 5 speed auto trans, quad seating, roof rack, alum wheels, keyless entry, rear heat/AC, tinted glass, rear wiper, 10 cup holders, rear power outlet and much more.

by ChiCarsGuy from Chicago on May 18, 2006

I was a little unsure about buying a Kia, but our Sedona has done well in its first two years. We have had no reliability issues (knock wood), we have driven from Illinois to Florida and Virginia and back, without problems. Having seen the 07 model, I wish I had some of the cool things that Kia put into the new model, but what are you going to do? The only real flaw I've found is that the fuse box cover (below the steering wheel) constantly falls off. I think they've fixed that for 2007.

Was a good van

by HM from Cincinnati, OH on March 2, 2012

I really miss ours :/ We got our 2004 Sedona EX in early 2010 and it was a great value. The van rode and handled quite well, and the interior was nice and comfy. The only real complaint was fuel economy, it was only 16 mp overall which wasn't very impressive. We had to trade it in for a midsize car because of the rising gas prices. The new car's great too, bu there's just something about that 04 Sedona.

Great car, excellent value for the money

by Satisfied Kia Sedona owner from Tennessee on October 12, 2008

This car has a few quirks: radio volume control works inconsistently during cold weather, brake performance is somewhat lacking, and struts occasionally make noise. Otherwise, driving performance is great, seating is comfortable with upscale features at much less that cost of "upscale" cars. Have enjoyed the car and am glad I made (what I thought at the time was) this "risky" buy. Bought it based on other owners reviews and the warranty which was unbeatable at the time. Have owned the Kia for 2.5 years; it still runs well with few problems. Can't beat it for the price.

Reliable, Best value for price

by Cross-eyed Barber from Lexington, SC on January 7, 2007

Excellent driving, all features work great. Only two draw backs. Interior furnishings such as cup holders, overhead sun glass holder, garage door holder are made rather cheaply, but do seem to hold up ok. It would be nice if it was more fuel efficient. Only got about 20 mpg on highway and way less in town.

Best vehicle I've ever had

by Eobrien from on March 23, 2017

We bought our Sedona web we had put third child and it has proven invaluable to our family. The gas mileage is wonderful. The captains chairs in the second row being full sized accommodates adults as well as having latches for car seats. The leather seats in our EX cleaned well and at 14 Years old still have zero cracks or rips. The only minor on this is with as many folks as we have in our family it could use a bit more luggage room in back BUT it has a luggage rack which works, too. We kept up regular matainance but required nothing other major mechanically. I'd definitely recommend!

1 2