2005 Sedona

2005 Kia Sedona

2005 Kia Sedona

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2005 Kia Sedona?

Mixed emotions

by niamh from Small town Kansas on Thu Aug 06 2009

I owned a 2005 Kia Sedona LX van which I just traded in during "cash for clunkers." Numerous little things went wrong the first year, and Kia fixed them just as warranted. However, the major problems of very poor AC and heaters, (like "they didn't work!") made me regard it as a lemon. Nonetheless, I do realize that the Kia Sedona offers more options, smooth ride, 6 cycle engine with GREAT pick up, and one piece steel frame (competitors used two or three steel frames then,) and a longer warranty. So, I have mixed emotions. My gas milage was 17mpg. I believe I just got a lemon, but every manufacture has a lemon roll off the line at some point in time. I now own a 2010 Kia Forte EX and LOVE IT!

Does not recommend this car!!

Love it

by Stormey from on Sun Feb 05 2012

I bought this 2005 Sedona in 07 and I love it, I havent had any major problems, just normal wear and tear. I have no complaints at all about the 05 Sedona. Mine is at 167,000 miles and still driving it.

Best bargain I found anywhere

by cathyluvskias from Elizabethtown Pa. on Wed Dec 19 2012

I was looking for a Rondo made by the same company but when I found this van I could not resist the bargain. The car drives very well. It is roomy to haul groceries and it is handicapped friendly which was a priority. I have to admit I am a fan of the Kia brand. I have been driving a Kia since 2003 when I bought a brand new one, it is still on the road, my grand-daughter drives it everyday. The sales person was very nice, where I bought my van. It is not a luxury model, but it has all the features I needed. Lots of windows for my two schit-zu's to lick! I am very pleased with it.

Best Buy

by MoHusker from Joplin MO on Sat Jun 16 2012

Bought the 2005 in 2012 with 52K on speedometer and now have 60K wih no problems. It rides nice and has a lot more pep than reviews would have had me think. It is a heavier car and uses a little more gas about 19 on the highway but pays for itself by not being affected by cross winds when compared to my wife's new suv. Has made a great man's van because can haul plenty. I did upgrade the headlight bulbs because I do a lot of night driving on two lane blacktop and wanted more light. Good Buy

Good car for the money

by ShayfromKC from kansas city on Sun Sep 12 2010

My husband and I bought this Van off the lot in Dec.2005. It had 300 miles on it and came with the 10yr/100 thousand mile warranty. We havent had to use the warranty yet (knock on wood) With that being said we have had to change the break pads 3 times now. Our van has 80,000 miles on it and it seems we changed them one right after the other, in one year... Not sure why that was but now we have expensive break pads and it seems to have worked. I would encourage a friend to purchase a Kia because of the warranty and some have. I wish Kia would quit jacking up their prices and keep them at a competitive rate.

a lot of truck for the money

by Rat from morris illinois on Fri Jun 08 2007

I like to compare the interior of my sedona ex 2005 kia to the Bmw interior/wood trim,leather cd stereo and dash layout.Bought new on lot in 2006 with only 5miles on odometer for $19,500.00.I've recently at 28,000 miles installed a k&n performance air filter and 5w30 castrol syntec 1/2 synthetic engine oil and have increased my average town and highway miles from 17mpg to 20 mpg.Only problem was at 11,000miles it needed new pads and rotors from my stopping all 4800 lbs of van to quickly and warping rotors.Changed my slowing stops and now 17,000 miles later still no warped rotors or bad pads.Kia at 12,000miles replaced an emission part and gas cap to wipe out a check engine light for good.Van is tight and reponsive, high winds don't budge it on the road like most lighter vans.Recently with stood 60 mph wind gusts on wide open highways.5 star safety is worth a couple extra miles per gal for my family of 4 to be safe. Kia has a lot of van and for a very reasonable price. We need to wake up Gm,Ford and Chrysler and learn to compete for price and quality.

Best Value By Far...

by Carpool Mom from Warrensburg, MO on Fri Dec 07 2007

So, when we went minivan shopping, we looked at literally 10-12 vehicles, and finally decided on the brand Kia after much debate. The warranty backs up the drivetrain, which helped to reduce our worries about driving a fairly new brand/Korean brand. It's big enough and has enough power to be used to haul the high school football team, as well as preschoolers. Overall, not a luxury vehicle, but for less than 22k who can complain?

Good Buy

by Bowler from Raleigh, NC on Thu Aug 10 2006

Best for the money, A no frills but not bare bones mini van. Too bad they made the 2006 bigger driving the price up. The slightly smaller 2005 and before made the great value. I'm glad we purchase the 2005 Kia.

Reliable van. Bought used.

by DooshTV from Chicago, IL on Tue Feb 14 2017

I bought this used at 116k miles. It seems the previous owner was a mom. It was well maintained. It has NEVER failed to start (knock on wood) minus the ONE time that the starter died. I have done regular maintenance since I bought it, and it is a great car. It purrs. Doesn't look as mom-van as others do. I ripped three seats out and lived in it for a while. I drive it every day.

It's a decent van for the money.

by StarstruckMarty from Jonesboro, AR on Wed Mar 15 2017

It's smaller on the inside than some of the competitors of the same year model. The 3.5L v6 is a bit laggy, but nothing too bad. It drives very well but handling falls a bit short when maneuvering around sharper corners. Common problems with the rear hatch not wanting to open and the overheating due to rusted coolant lines is a very real threat and it is expensive, I mean for $500 you can get the coolant lines repaired. The rear door hatch not working causes issues for you if you ever have a flat because you can not access your spare tire. The interior styling is similar to the years 2002-2004. Mine has the optional features such as the leather seats and sunroof and anti lock brakes. It's a bit fast when you put the pedal down, but you suffer the loss of fuel economy when driving at more moderate speeds. Generally I average between 19-22 miles per gallon on the highway. It's great for getting around town because it has quite a bit of trunk space if you remove the rear seats or lay them down but they are very heavy and hard to reposition if you do it alone. Overall I give the 2005 Kia Sedona Ex a 4 out of 5. Reliability wise I have put about 14,000 + miles on mine in about two years and it never seems to break a sweat when going on longer trips. It's on it's second set of brakes which if you research them it warns that brake problems and that is a very real issue. The rotors and the brakes had to be replaced after just 10,000 miles of my having it. But particularly the current issue is the starter and the security system. I had to have the coolant lines replaced. It currently has roughly 112,000 miles and aside from a bit of clear coat coming off the plastic trim on the doors the paint, leather, carpet, and other interior pieces have held up wonderfully. Overview: If you are in the market for a spacious van with a lot of room that won't break the bank, buy a Toyota Sienna. But if you want affordablity and overall good quality interior and exterior features this car might be good for you. It's a basic car and the simplistic styling is very suitable for this year model.

1 2 3 4