2005 Sedona

3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Mixed emotions

by niamh from Small town Kansas on August 6, 2009

I owned a 2005 Kia Sedona LX van which I just traded in during "cash for clunkers." Numerous little things went wrong the first year, and Kia fixed them just as warranted. However, the major problems of very poor AC and heaters, (like "they didn't work!") made me regard it as a lemon. Nonetheless, I do realize that the Kia Sedona offers more options, smooth ride, 6 cycle engine with GREAT pick up, and one piece steel frame (competitors used two or three steel frames then,) and a longer warranty. So, I have mixed emotions. My gas milage was 17mpg. I believe I just got a lemon, but every manufacture has a lemon roll off the line at some point in time. I now own a 2010 Kia Forte EX and LOVE IT!

Does not recommend this car!!

It's almost paid for.....

by Sweet Baby from Pompano Beach on January 7, 2010

Believe it or not, I have not needed much work done on my Kia. I have owned it since Oct,'05 and I am quite pleased with it. My only issues are man she is thirsty. I get more like 12/18 on mileage. I bought it for the crash ratings, anyway. And am I glad I did. Last year, I was slammed in the rear from a drunk that never even put his brakes on, while I was sitting at a red light. I wasn't even sore, let alone injured. Almost 8000. in repairs got done. Kia was awesome in holding up to that idiot. (Totalled his SUV, FORD)I have an issue right now with the air system and the dealer tells me, this is going to be expensive. So, in Florida, me and the two little ones will be sweating for a while. I wish they had some sort of discount for loyalty at a dealer or something to help those out who are loyal, other than only during next purchase of a Kia.

Love it

by Stormey from on February 5, 2012

I bought this 2005 Sedona in 07 and I love it, I havent had any major problems, just normal wear and tear. I have no complaints at all about the 05 Sedona. Mine is at 167,000 miles and still driving it.

Best bargain I found anywhere

by cathyluvskias from Elizabethtown Pa. on December 19, 2012

I was looking for a Rondo made by the same company but when I found this van I could not resist the bargain. The car drives very well. It is roomy to haul groceries and it is handicapped friendly which was a priority. I have to admit I am a fan of the Kia brand. I have been driving a Kia since 2003 when I bought a brand new one, it is still on the road, my grand-daughter drives it everyday. The sales person was very nice, where I bought my van. It is not a luxury model, but it has all the features I needed. Lots of windows for my two schit-zu's to lick! I am very pleased with it.

Best Buy

by MoHusker from Joplin MO on June 16, 2012

Bought the 2005 in 2012 with 52K on speedometer and now have 60K wih no problems. It rides nice and has a lot more pep than reviews would have had me think. It is a heavier car and uses a little more gas about 19 on the highway but pays for itself by not being affected by cross winds when compared to my wife's new suv. Has made a great man's van because can haul plenty. I did upgrade the headlight bulbs because I do a lot of night driving on two lane blacktop and wanted more light. Good Buy

Good car for the money

by ShayfromKC from kansas city on September 12, 2010

My husband and I bought this Van off the lot in Dec.2005. It had 300 miles on it and came with the 10yr/100 thousand mile warranty. We havent had to use the warranty yet (knock on wood) With that being said we have had to change the break pads 3 times now. Our van has 80,000 miles on it and it seems we changed them one right after the other, in one year... Not sure why that was but now we have expensive break pads and it seems to have worked. I would encourage a friend to purchase a Kia because of the warranty and some have. I wish Kia would quit jacking up their prices and keep them at a competitive rate.

a lot of truck for the money

by Rat from morris illinois on June 8, 2007

I like to compare the interior of my sedona ex 2005 kia to the Bmw interior/wood trim,leather cd stereo and dash layout.Bought new on lot in 2006 with only 5miles on odometer for $19,500.00.I've recently at 28,000 miles installed a k&n performance air filter and 5w30 castrol syntec 1/2 synthetic engine oil and have increased my average town and highway miles from 17mpg to 20 mpg.Only problem was at 11,000miles it needed new pads and rotors from my stopping all 4800 lbs of van to quickly and warping rotors.Changed my slowing stops and now 17,000 miles later still no warped rotors or bad pads.Kia at 12,000miles replaced an emission part and gas cap to wipe out a check engine light for good.Van is tight and reponsive, high winds don't budge it on the road like most lighter vans.Recently with stood 60 mph wind gusts on wide open highways.5 star safety is worth a couple extra miles per gal for my family of 4 to be safe. Kia has a lot of van and for a very reasonable price. We need to wake up Gm,Ford and Chrysler and learn to compete for price and quality.

stay away

by sad sherry from texas on June 6, 2006

very disappointed. breaks are going out had to replace tires due to bad alignment when we purchased. but kia made us pay for the allignment even though the car was like that with only 10 miles on it. kia doesn't take care of customer.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Value By Far...

by Carpool Mom from Warrensburg, MO on December 7, 2007

So, when we went minivan shopping, we looked at literally 10-12 vehicles, and finally decided on the brand Kia after much debate. The warranty backs up the drivetrain, which helped to reduce our worries about driving a fairly new brand/Korean brand. It's big enough and has enough power to be used to haul the high school football team, as well as preschoolers. Overall, not a luxury vehicle, but for less than 22k who can complain?

Good Buy

by Bowler from Raleigh, NC on August 10, 2006

Best for the money, A no frills but not bare bones mini van. Too bad they made the 2006 bigger driving the price up. The slightly smaller 2005 and before made the great value. I'm glad we purchase the 2005 Kia.

1 2 3 4