2009 Sedona

3.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great value in a van

by Erin from Twin cities, MN on March 15, 2010

This van has everything I need. Lots of room, seats fold down easily, lots of nice family features. It has a smooth ride and solid frame. Climate conrol is specific to passenger/driver and rear for maximum comfort. There are 7 cupholders within drivers reach including tray/drink holder that folds down out of way so that front seat occupants can reach rear of van. This is my favorite car I have ever owned.

owned 1 yr and so far so good

by mimi van owner from rochester,ny on January 30, 2011

we got thisvan used andhad2 small problem covered by the factory warranty. I wouldbuy another KIA Running good!

Worked for me

by Joe Smow from Dallas, Tx on March 1, 2013

The car is what we were looking for and had extra perks that I wouldn't have found on my own. especially for the price we paid.

Smooth powerfull ride, and 100% reliable:

by 007 from Minnesota on February 22, 2014

I have almost 180000 miles on my 09 (all highway - 2 hour commute every day to work), and am contemplating trading it in. After reviewing the competition, I really appreciate the ride quality! A comparable Dodge Caravan rides harsh with a noisy engine/transmission. I notice the shifts on the Dodge, but not the smooth Kia. Other then replacing the iridium spark plugs, and a couple of recall notices from Kia, nothing but reliable. I do use Mobil 1 and do all my own maintenance. I buy the filters and parts from the Kia dealer (better prices then 3ed party and OEM). I think people get in trouble when they hire so-called professional mechanics to do this. I learned the hard way when the local shop we had been using damaged my wife's Taurus. I ended up repairing the professional repairs - never again - do it yourself and save time, money, and stress. Now I can't find an equivalent Sedona in my color choice to trade it on - bummer. It seems Kia may be exiting the mini-van market

My 2007 has 222000 miles hope same on 2009

by retired but having fun from Kellogg IA on May 1, 2018

my first one has all the bells and whistles this one has few. drives the same but miss the gadgets. Looks like new inside and out,

Worst van ever owned- 23 repairs in 1st 11 months!

by dissatisfied kia owner from Clay, NY on February 9, 2011

I purchased my 09 Kia Sedona new in Dec. 09 and by October 2010 it had already had 23 repairs. Although it was all covered under warranty it wasted a lot of my time and energy and was extremely frustrating to deal with. KIA motors did not think it qualified as a lemon and refused to buy it back. The engine was loud and the check engine light came on frequently. The tire light came on frequently as well as the ABS and ESC lights. By August it had been seen several times for numerous issues. It had a mass air flow sensor replaced, 2 ABS sensors replaced and a hub ring replaced. There is a constant pool of oil near my engine which the dealer just said they don't know what it's from but they wipe it off until next time. One of the sliding doors gets stuck and won't open at all sometimes. Instead of fixing it under warranty they just wanted us to pull on the door handle twice and push really hard on the door. I will never again own a Kia. Not only is it a poor quality vehicle but neither the dealer nor the manufacturer stand behind their product when there are problems. This purchase was a huge mistake.

Kia Sedona Review

by Jetta25 from Chino, CA on July 23, 2009

I test-drove Kia Sedona and was amazed. I especially liked its ride comfort and maneuverability. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a low priced minivan.

Good luck.

by Minivan driver. from Albany, NY on October 20, 2013

Bought our 09 Kia used with 22k miles and drove it about 50k miles. Positives: Good pickup on the 3.8 liter engine to get into highway traffic. Dashboard controls easy to use. Very smooth ride when I bought it. Service with a smile LOL! Negatives: Dozens of repairs including new front axles (70k) , new transmission(40k), heat shield rubbing on exhaust, throttle position sensor (suddenly no throttle on highway), key tumblrs went bad and could not start car 100 miles from home (Out of town dealership wanted my family to take a taxi to the airport for a rental while they fixed it - on a Sunday!! - it was under warranty! They did finally give us a loner to make it home), mass air flow sensor, sliding doors constantly stick shut (kids have to climb in through front doors), rear door would not latch shut full of luggage 200 miles from home (had to tie it shut and listen to the Ding!Ding!Ding! until we could get it to shut), cd constantly getting stuck in player (Kia claims library cd), drivetrain felt like it was on its last leg (75k), driver seat like sitting on a park bench after long ride, caliper stuck and ruined rotor, engine knock until vehicle warmed up (70k) - very scary! (Kia claims it's normal)

Does not recommend this car!!

Great value for mini van

by Soccer dad from Orlando on August 13, 2017

Vehicle suits all of my needs .No problems with it at this time do required maintenance by the book and should be trouble free.at highwayspeeds a little wind noise .otherwise drives straight and stops straight . I drive 6-8 hours a day 5 days a week combined city and highway. Recommend using synthetic fluids when possible.

Kia Sedona 2009, 99000 km

by emtoro from Ottawa, ON on March 14, 2017

Had it since new, serviced at dealer. Bought extended warranty 8 years, 100,000 km., used it fully, changed steering and suspension items. Last year, repaired power window motor / cabling of rear driver side sliding door, and since then the car was not the same, lost noise insulation, and not satisfied with quality of repair. Last failure was a loss of coolant, engine overheat, and even under warranty, dealer made no effort to process it. It was a good mini-van, hard on gas (3.6 V8), very responsive in highway, but lost confidence in the vehicle last year. At the end reliability and durability was not there.