2007 Sorento

2007 Kia Sorento

2007 Kia Sorento

Have You Driven the 2007 Kia Sorento?

No Worries, Mate

by RandGThomas from Indianapolis, IN on Thu Jun 01 2017

Purchased new, never had any problems. Very smooth, quiet and comfortable. Amazingly tight turning radius is helpful for getting in and out of parking spaces. Plenty of power. Very Roomy interior. Did not purchase a model with a lot of tech - wish I had.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

by monalisa413-Sorento enthusiast! from Azle, TX on Mon Feb 03 2014

We bought a new 07 EX off the lot after test driving it. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive. Easiest vehicle I've owned to park in tight spaces. Turns on a dime. The V6 engine is so peppy! No problems worth mentioning. Best car I have ever owned. There were very few options it didn't have. It has 50,000 miles as of now, 2/3/14. When I first saw it, the only small disappointment was I had hoped for the tan interior. It has grey leather which I grew to love. It's white with gray cladding, which I did hope for. Our salesman checked every dealership in and around us and some not in our area and this was the only EX that was so close to what I wanted. After almost 7 years, except for a few minor parking lot dings, it still looks and runs like new. I have no desire to trade or sell it. I had an opportunity to drive a new 2010 LX Sorento and was not impressed with the new crossover design. Rougher feel to it and more road noise than mine, which is a truck frame model.

only problem are the door handles

by td from La Crosse, WI on Tue Jul 30 2013

Both the driver and passage handles have broken. The outside door handles broke away from something inside. Of course they can't be repaired but have to be replaced. But here is the kicker, they have to be painted to match your the vehicle. Cost for one handle replacement, over $300. This is obviously a defect but who do you report it to?

Great SUV with one exception

by smalone1 from Paoli, PA on Sat Apr 16 2011

I have this SUV and it is great. The only problem I had was the front rotors warping. They were replaced twice and resurface three times, all within 40,000 miles. I finally switched the rotors to a non-KIA after-market rotor and have had no problems after 10,000 miles. The rotor issue is a known problem with this and other Kia models. Before buying, insist that the dearler replace the rotos with an after-market rotor NOT manufatured by Kia.

Worthy of Serious Consideration

by TeleSkier from WA on Wed Dec 12 2007

Having been a Japanese car owner for 25 years, I am very impressed by Kia and the Sorento LX. The Sorento is everything the official reviewers say. The only outstanding question is reliability. But judging from what others have said on the Net it appears the Kia Sorento is going to be a great decision. Mine has been 100% perfect so far. Dislikes: No iPod jack (why isn't this standard on every car?); slightly less clearance than other competitors; tires are an road touring model and not suitable for rougher off-highway driving. Likes: Built on a truck frame, not a poser-SUV built on a car frame; exterior styling simple, crisp and clean; very comfortable interior lots of leg and head room; very quiet ride with minimal wind noise. Love: The manual shifting feature - used this to creep down an icy winter road in 4WD - the best of a manual transmission with the comfort of automatic!

First Car

by Kia Lover from Castro Valley, CA on Fri Sep 24 2010

I am 16 and I bought this car used. I LOVE IT!! It an awesome car with great audio and no blind spots. I LOVE IT!!

How can they do it?

by SUV Lover from Ft. Worth, TX on Sun Feb 08 2009

How can they offer SO much for such a reasonable price? I purchased my 2007 EX (white/gray interior) in April of 07. $26,000 out the door. As of today, I've racked up 18,000 miles. From the very beginning, I've had ONE issue which was an annoying rattle that I couldn't locate. Dealer worked tirelessly to find it. Turned out to be a bolt of some type in the sunroof was missing. Easy fix. Was provided a Sorento loaner for the 24 hours they had it. Just recently, the "passenger air bag off" light has been staying on even with an adult in the seat. Need to get that checked. Sunroof, leather, 6 CD changer. Sound is quite good, but I've heard better. The thing handles so wonderfully, turns on a dime. Can throw you back when you really gas it. Love the dual climate controls. Came with a spoiler and step rails, leather, sunroof, most options available and we added mud flaps, hood deflector, sun roof deflector and window visors which really gives it a custom look. We went with white with gray leather. Love the seat warmers in the winter. AC is excellent. On cold days, engine is warm enough for the heater within 5 minutes or less. If I could improve on anything, I'd add the option for satellite radio/navigation built in. A little more luxury feeling ride would be nice. It's pretty stiff. But it maneuvers so perfectly that I always feel in control in every situation. Turns on dime; easy parking. Never have gotten better than 20 mpg on road trips but it does have a pretty stout V6. This is just an awesome vehicle. I've been wanting to possibly upgrade to the new Borrego for extra room, but after seeing one (their top of the line) at the Houston Auto Show this month (2/09), the Sorento puts it to shame. So I'm looking for another slightly larger luxury SUV, possibly a Lexus GX470 (used of course; new ones like I want equipped start at about $53,000!!). If you have an opportunity to purchase a Sorento EX, you won't be disappointed.

very Good Vehicle

by will from IL on Fri Nov 24 2006

I brought kia Sorentia lx in 2002.I have it for couple of month.Then one day the air bag light come and stay on. I took back to deal they fix it, and then few day later it was back on. to make a long story short they could not fix it.They took it back after 6 month.Kia replace it in 2003 Ex model. no more problem,the dealer took good care of me through the whole thing.the kia i got now has 110,000 and still going strong with no major problem.I own a 1993 toyota,the kia surprise me I might get another kia sorentia

Great Looks Great Quality _ This is my 3rd Sorento

by Dan from Austin, Texas on Thu Dec 20 2007

I purchased my third Sorento (2007 Loaded and it's Black) These vehicles are great. I have no issues at all. I've owned chevys, fords, toyota's and I never though I would say it, but this Kia Sorento is one of the best ever. Keep up the good work... Build them in the good old USA

Great Value

by Cybern from Tx on Thu Mar 20 2008

This is my second Kia Sorento and am excited about the bigger engine now available. My 2003 Kia served me very well and was very reliable. Highly recommend this vehicle.

1 2