2007 Spectra

2007 Kia Spectra

2007 Kia Spectra

4.1

Have you driven the 2007 Kia Spectra?

LOVING MY KIA SPECTRA!!

by Amor777 from LA on Wed May 04 2011

I have had my Blue 2007 Kia Spectra EX for about 3 1/2 months now, and I'm loving every bit of it!! This is my first official car and I'm proud to say that I own a Kia. The styling is clean inside and out. The ride is smooth and this car wants to go fast! Even my boyfriend who has an Audi A4 says he?s impressed with this little car?s power and the ice cold a/c. Also his 6'2? frame fits comfortably in my car. Plenty of leg room front and back. Also the trunk fits both my acoustic guitar and bass case with ease, and I have room leftover. Everyone that I show my car to is impressed with the styling and the gas mileage. I only have to fill up every two weeks, and I drive everyday on the freeway. Also my iPod hooks straight into the AUX output, which sounds amazing. Overall, best car for the money, because you can get more car than with any other models out there.

Great for the money

by HondaAficionado from Massachusetts on Tue Jun 16 2009

My first car was a 2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I was in love with the car. My circle of friends are all Honda lovers... thus, I am too. My parents are FORD fanboys. So why do I now own a Kia Spectra EX (2007 model)? I was looking for a used car - something that could get me from A to B... something that was economical / fuel efficient. I was skeptical at first, but as soon as I sat in it - I felt it was comfortable, roomy, and was not an eye sore at the slightest. My Civic EX had everything I wanted in a car, but something I've found with the 2007 Spectra was its handling/steering and acceleration. With 138HP and 2.0l engine... I feel the Kia definitely handles well - with tight steering and solid acc. My Civic's steering was loose and acceleration was not as impressive. Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE the VTEC concept of Honda, but I'd be going 65mph on Massachusetts turnpike (which is SLOW compared to passing cars) in the right lane trying to speed up a bit and shift into the center lane... and I would have to floor that pedal just to move my baby (may she RIP)... I don't have that problem at all with the Spectra. Purchased the Spectra w/ 31k miles on it and I am fully satisfied. You definitely get what you pay for. It is a basic, but solid vehicle in my opinion. Like any car - as long as you keep it in check with routine fluid top offs and you don't 'try' to blow your engine by maintaining TOP speeds on the highways... the Kia Spectra will definitely hold its own value. Being a skeptic, I would say the Kia is not 'cheap' because of the materials used.. it's cheap and economical b/c it's a base. It's not a luxury vehicle that'll entice you to race on the highway. It's a great vehicle for any student (I'm a grad student on a grad student salary mind you)... or great for a family. The Kia handles turns well, too. Pull off the gas and halfway into the turn tap the pedal again and you're solid. The ride is smooth - great suspension and handles bumps reasonably well. The engine purrs at lower speeds - when you reach 70mph+, the engine is noisier, but not defeaning. The honda civic's engine / interior noise control was worse... Overall, I would definitely recommend the 2007 Model Spectra EX to anyone looking for a good car at a great price. Especially in these troubling economic times!

no warranty

by no air from middle tennessee on Thu Jul 22 2010

the heat and air motor has a short in the wiring harness that the dealer knows about the dealer said they have had a lot of trouble with this wiring harness it keeps shorting out and there 100.000 mile 10 year warranty does not cover this design flaw. if you want to have heat or air in the vehicle you will have to pay $800.00 to get it repaired. i think this makes there warranty a bunch of MALARKEY!

Does not recommend this car!!

From Jaguar to Kia Spectra with NO Disappointments

by From Jaguar to Spectra from Seattle, Washington on Sat Aug 11 2007

After driving two beloved Jaguar XJ's and two old Cadillacs, I decided I needed a modern economy car. I did research for at least a year. I concluded that the value was with the Hyundais and the Kias. I considered the smallest car they offered, but with the current rebates it made sense to go one size up and getter a better car, with equal or better mileage, for equal or less money. I now own a Kia Spectra EX, automatic, 2007. This car amazes me. It has characteristics that car reviewers seem to miss or ignore. For modern driving in modern conditions on modern roads, I want a car that is quiet, smooth, and peppy. I am a car enthusiast, but really...when do you drive like a race car driver? Car reviewers simply place way too much emphasis on extreme handling characterisitics. This is of no use to the average car buyer, and actually makes a lot of car reviews very deceptive. This KIA is QUIET. It is one of the quietest cars I have ever been in. It is nothing short of amazing. The road noise that one encounters on our worn-out freeways is not an issue for this car. The excellent radio/CD player can be listened to at low levels. Noise fatigue on a long trip is minimal or non-existent. This KIA rides SMOOTHLY. It handles perfectly well for rational driving, and it handles bumps and road imperfections wonderfully. I love the way it rides, even after being used to my 4500 pound Jags. This KIA has plenty of power. It really takes off from a start, and it has plenty of passing power. I also have a Toyota Prius, which cost a little more than twice what I paid for my KIA, and I like the KIA better. The KIA is tighter, quieter, better riding, and has a better quality interior. The reputation for Korean cars is changing rapidly, at least in the Seattle area, and the resale value of these latter-day Kias is no longer a problem. The MSRP has to be considered along with the willingness of the dealers to offer discounts and the rebates from the factory. When you add these three factors together, my KIA Spectra saved me a LOT of money over a Civic or a Corolla. Reviewers tend to put these cars in the same price group, but really there is so much difference!

Best value in a new car I've ever bought

by In it for the value, not to win the Indy 500 from St Louis on Sat May 05 2007

Great styling, no luxury amenities, but everything the average driver needs without taking out a second mortgage for all the frills you'll never use. Good handling, comfortable, easy to use controls. Excellent experience with KIA dealership. Best warranty, so you don't have to buy an addl warranty thats adds more cost. Good mileage. Smooth ride. Peppy sound when going all out on the gas, but no worse than most 4 cylinders. If you want good looks, dependability, safety, and also keep more cash for other things in life, than you need to drive this car, you will be impressed.

Nice Surprise for the Money

by Biggest Bang for the Buck Guy from Utah on Wed May 02 2007

Well I saw an ad for 0%, $1000 off dealer invoice and had to check it out. I bought the car. The EX has lots of extras and is as quiet as much more expensive cars. It has adequate power, rides very well and it has very predictable handling. Current mileage (600miles) is 33 combined city/highway. The car is lower to the ground so I slide in and out but once in, it is a very comfortable and accessible environment. The driver seat has a ratcheting style control and can move to almost any position you like. The tires have electronic pressure sensors so the car tells you if an inflation problem! The automatic is smooth and gets better gas mileage than the straight stick. The rear seat is split but you have to access the trunk to unlock, then enter the back doors to lower the seats (not really a hastle - just odd) It is sooooo quiet you can actually enjoy the quality standard cd/stereo radio. No rattles or clunking that I can detect. Lots of cup holders and storage is adequate. I like the car and I think most people will if they give it a try. Older buyers may not like the lower profile. A Corolla for instance would be easier to get in/out of. The low price and amazing warranty convinced me. Care free, inexpensive driving sounds like a winnner to me!! The reviews I read are very good.

great little car, dependable.

by econo car from 85308 on Fri Sep 30 2011

Great little car, saves gas, dependable. Kia service is great also. love this car. Nice sporty look.

Kia Spectra Saved Our Lives

by happy kia owner from Austin Texas on Thu Mar 13 2008

Great Car, saved our lives when we were hit broadside by someone who ran a red light and never even hit the brakes. His Ford F150 with steel grill bumper creamed our driver's side, and we both walked away with cuts, bruises, and mild concussions. EMT was impressed with our 2007 Kia Spectra keeping us from more serious harm. Our new car was totalled, but we immediately replaced it with the same car just a 2008..Can't say enough about the good things...

Engine stalls after 1 year of ownership

by SkygirlMOM from Louisville, KY on Tue Sep 09 2008

After owning the spectra for 1 year the car began to stall after coming from a complete stops. KIA was quick to blame it on h20 in the tank. After consulting the gas station they submitted reports to prove that there was no h20 in their tanks. As a result KIA says this is not covered under the warranty and I am out over $600 in repairs. Two days later my car is still stalling

Does not recommend this car!!

Just what I wanted

by First Time Car Owner from Elizabeth,NJ on Thu Jul 22 2010

I was new to the car buying experience. I am happy with my Kia it performs well and is very economical.

1 2 3 4