1994 Defender

1994 Land Rover Defender

1994 Land Rover Defender

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 1994 Land Rover Defender?

Love my Rover!

by grover94 from spring grove, Il on Thu Jul 30 2009

My wife flew to California to buy me mine right after we got married, what a wife! I paid 28,000 and it came with a bimini top, complete tanou cover, soft top and hard top. I have owned it for ten years and only did minor work. It has been from California to Illinois back to Wyoming to Illinois twice and have I loved every minute of the drive. This truck can go just about anywhere and what other vihicle can you own for ten years that is worth more than you paid? It has a noisy cabin but I drive it with the top off anyway. I will never sell it, my wife says it is the other woman. I love my truck!!!!!

The definitive 4wd

by Land Rover Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Oct 26 2006

I've owned my 1994 Land Rover Defender 90 for several years and have had no problems whatsoever. It is a great car and only wish I could have owned one sooner. If you are looking for road comfort, a quiet cabin, high performance on the street and bland styling, buy a Toyota Land Cruiser. But if you prefer adventure, recognition, respect, unique styling, incredible offroad performance and an overall fun vehicle, you need not look any further. However, make sure you use it for it was designed, to take you places others only dream about. Otherwise, why bother? It definitely is not for everyone but those of us who dare to be unique.

A dream vehicle, indeed

by SocalRover from San Fernando Valley, CA on Mon Aug 16 2010

Six years into ownership of my '94 Defender 90. It is by far, the coolest truck on the road. But don't take my word for it. Ask the hundreds of people who have given me the thumbs up, smiles, waves, double-takes, stares of jealousy, stares of admiration and all the combinations thereof. I agree with other reviewers, the scarcity of the vehicle places you in a unique class. More importantly, it makes the vehicle not just maintain its value, but actually increase in value! How many other trucks can claim that? Very few, that's for sure. However, and it's a big however, don't expect it to be plush, quiet or comfy. It was never intended to be, nor does it pretend to be. It is a workhorse elsewhere in the world and a fantastic, fun to drive truck in the states.

My D()

by usla1 from Charlotte, NC on Wed Apr 22 2009

I am the second owner, I've had it for 10 years and it is the only car that I have ever owned that has increased in value since I purchased it, And the only vehicle I want to keep forever.

Go Topless Anywhere with 94 Defender

by Monty4u from Bethesda, MD on Mon Oct 06 2014

This vehicle is the perfect topless off-roader. It took six months to convince my wife to let me buy one but now she wants to drive it every chance she gets. I was lucky enough to get one with low miles (53,500) and also with the original owners manual (which is a fun read). I was told it takes regular gas and have been using this with no trouble but the book says 92 octane. I will probaly switch to high test since I only use about 1 tank per month. Why risk engine damage for $4 pet tank.? I plan to keep mine forever and drive it where it was meant to go!

not 4.0 engine is 3.9 engine

by fer from on Fri Jun 18 2010

the add says its a 4.0 engine but in the pictures with the hood open you can see a 3.9 engine on it.

Our Take on the 1994 Land Rover Defender

Is a vehicle that is tough enough for the British army tough enough for you?

Land Rover of North America, importer of the Range Rover luxury sport-utility vehicle, has introduced two new vehicles for the 1994 model year.

One is the four-door Land Rover Discovery, the world's first sport-utility vehicle with standard dual air bags and four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes.

The other is this week's test vehicle, the Defender 90, a stripped-down, two-seat convertible with four-wheel drive, a V-8 engine, a stick shift and a reputation for durability and ruggedness that not even Jeep can beat.

The Defender 90 is a direct descendent of the classic Land Rovers that tamed the world's worst terrain. In such... Read More