1997 Land Rover Defender

$34K New, $36K used? Wow!

by from Sherman Oaks, CA on April 4, 2007

How many other 4x4s can boast negative depreciation? How many trucks? Other than exotic cars, few 97 MY vehicles can. But if you are a Defender owner, you can't help but smile. While it's not for everyone, the few that decide to join our ranks are rarely dissatisfied. I've had more than one fellow Defender owner state that he's going to have to be buried in it before he gets rid of it. Such is our passion, such is our enthusiasm. Don't buy it if you're looking for plush, quiet comfort. Buy it for the exclusivity, the genuine feeling of supremacy that no other truck can give, new or used.

i love my car

by from wilmington de on January 3, 2009

i will never ever sell my car. even though i have strangers making offers,putting pleas to sell it on my windshield. i tell them i will sell when i am too decrepid to climb up on the runningboard [iam afit 57 yr. old.] the mpg is terrible,as is themaintenace cost ,but ive actually had zero mechanical problems in 12 yrs. i leave the top off april-oct, so i have some interior elec. problems-no radio,no trip milage ,and my odometer functions, but is only visable occasionly,so going thru the inspection lane has to be timed accordingly, just one more adventure for a rover lover!

Our Expert Review: 1997 Land Rover Defender