2012 Range Rover Evoque

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

4.4

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?

One of a kind !

by Grtflyin from Charlotte on Wed Dec 14 2011

Went in to take a look and drove out with a new one 2 hours later. Love this car from the exterior styling to the great seats, interior layout and materials. A real head turner. Great engine, great handling, fast, fun and good mileage too ! The only comment is the touch screen is a little slow. Also for the price the base Pure should come with voice command and keyless entry - only available with expensive options yet the base price is already high. Love this car.

Beautiful design and enough PEP on a 2000cc

by Zaspi from New Jesrsey on Sun Jun 30 2013

I have the Evoque now for 8 months and what I like the most is the general look and the window on the roof! is grate for driving in NYC!. Can't really complaint much on the odds except for the navigator -a real disaster, see end of review-. This is a pretty compact car with an amazing design that manages to reach lots of comfortable spaces on a relatively small volume. Front seats a comfortable and almost perfect for most regular size guys and probably most women. I am 6'2' and not too big but my buttock doesn't not fit in the seat which is rather narrow and I can feel the need for some additional space everyday. Back seats look pretty tight but will seat 2 or even 3. Narrow entrance but once seated, even adult size rear passengers will go comfortable. The engine response push is pretty impressive given 4 cylinder and small size but is not that economical (12 liters for every 100 Km or 19 Mpg) so I believe would run much better on a V6 with similar consumption. Idle tends to become unstable pretty soon and this is a challenge. I have also tried the 4WD on ice, snow and some mud and yes is good, but no, is not a classical Land Rover . . . GPS: is the most annoying piece in this car. I even tried to change it but surprise! The Evoque windshield blocks the signal for your portable Tom Tom or Garmin and thus, you are obliged to hook on this useless slow, inaccurate, lack of information and proper mapping rubbishy tool. It is not friendly, it has no POIs, It will send you for the worst possible roads, it will make you do stupid things and it will not tell you about the traffic in any useful way...I always wander why a company like LR cannot use a known manufacturer like Tom Tom or even Garmin to provide such and important tool as the GPS...??? Bottom line, if you are a couple w/o kids or with small children and you are not also too big on the buttocks, you will love this sport nice looking car. just have to learn endure the terrible GPs... For other needs including performance, look also at Volvo CX 60 (I had one and is great!) or Audi Q5.

Love it!

by Sherry from Warner Robins, ga. on Wed Jul 25 2012

I love the look of this car. I was in the market for a luxury SUV. I saw the Evoque on line and could not get it out of my head. I was in love. My husband wanted me to test drive a Lexus, BMW and a MDX. We end up driving over 2 hours to Atlanta to drive the Evoque. I came back a week later to purchase it. Mine is silver with black leather interior. I have had it 3 months and am still in love.

So so pretty

by ATL G from ATL on Sat Aug 18 2012

Got the Dynamic firenze red with black roof and 20" wheels. It is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. Fuel efficiency has been great so far. The technology on it is amazing. Everyone keot telling me to get the beemer X3 because of lower base price, but they come with nothing. By the time you add comparable equipment, you are off by abotu a thounsand. At this range, that it not much. PLus the X3 looks like a skate and the Evque looks like a flex muscle. Not much competition.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Range Rover Evoque

by Graham from New Harbor, Maine on Tue Apr 15 2014

Great car for the money !!! As much fun to drive as my Dodge Charger !!! The 2 door coupe makes a great statement where ever I go !!! A real guys car with plenty of room for friends in back !!!

Broke down the 2nd day.

by EvanPoe from Hood River on Tue Jul 31 2018

My wife and I went up to seattle to buy this vehicle. Drove great the 160 miles back. The engine had a complete failure on my way home from work. Everything shut off and won't even turn over.

Does not recommend this car!!

Do not buy this bomb of a car.

by Geo from Baltimore, MD on Fri Jul 04 2014

Do not buy this car. Don't be fooled by its good looks. Its a real problem vehicle in its reliability. After several trips to the shop for repairs in the first few months of ownership we are looking to get rid of it.. The last stunt was this vehicle left stranded on the highway more than 500 miles from home. It needed to be towed to a dealership for its 6th repair of the engine. If you buy this car you were warned.

Does not recommend this car!!

THE BEST

by Mack from on Tue Jun 05 2012

I've had four convertibles and this is "the best". It's quick, smooth, fun,reliable, good looking and good on gas. My wife get's 27mpg going to and from work in Houston traffic and on trips 33 and better. We both love it. For the money its a great buy.

I'm in love!

by JayMac from San Francisco, CA on Thu May 24 2012

I am so happy that I made this purchase. The surround camera system and the HDD navigation options are must haves! I love everything about this sharp SUV and from the looks it gets when I'm driving it, everyone else does too. Gotta love the gas mileage and the styling! I initially thought I was going to get the coupe, but I ended up purchasing a white 5 door. I think the 5 door version actually looks the best! Get one!

Amazing SUV out does the BMW, Audi and Porsche

by San Diego Mike from San Diego on Fri Sep 21 2012

I purchased the 5 door Dynamic Evoque with MagneRide. Prior to the purchase I test drove the Audio Q5/Q7, BMW X3/X5 and the Porsche Cayenne. The BMW and Audi are just too boring, the Porsche was well a Porsche. The Evoque is something different. Sports car feel on road with the Range Rover off road capabilities. The only dislikes are the nav system is a bit slow at times. The rear window, although small, is no issue for me. Maybe because I am coming from an M6? The reliability is not an issue yet, time will tell. I do know that Land Rover have been running extensive tests on the Evoque for years. Heat, Cold, Mileage, etc and nothing has come up. Overall, I am loving the car. You either hate it or love it with this one. I am happy that a car manufacture actually made a concept car a reality!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

Land Rover's 2012 Range Rover Evoque knocked us out — every single one of us — with its standout styling, interior accommodations and driving dynamics.

I've spent the better part of 20 years explaining to the uninitiated that Land Rover is a manufacturer's name and Range Rover is a model name. With the introduction of the Range Rover Evoque, three of Land Rover's five models in the U.S. use the Range Rover name. Why did I bother?

Joining the LR2 (see the two compared), the Evoque is a new model, technically a compact SUV unrelated to Land Rover's three midsize vehicles: the flagship Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and LR4.

The Evoque comes in two- and four-door versions (see them compared). Rather... Read More