2000 Lexus ES 300 consumer reviews

$31,505 starting MSRP
side view of 2000 ES 300 Lexus
Explore the 2000 Lexus ES 300
2.7

DEVISTATED !! MISTAKE !! DO NOT BUY !!

I am a single mom. I struggle to provide. Was looking for a dependable older car with lower mileage. 145000 was around the milage, 2 owner, fair interior( worn from use, no tear or stain ) , ran good. $ 3200. 3 months later everything goes CRAZY !! I HAVE SPENT ALMOST AS MUCH MONEY ON THIS CAR TO FIX IT THAN I PAID FOR IT !! IT IS STILL NOT FIXED ENOUGH TO EVEN DRIVE !! And it's VERY HARD to even find a shop who is willing to work on it. Unless you take it to Toyota. Now I have NO car a year later. I'm cant put anymore money into it. I am now the proud owner of a useless piece of metal worth around $5400 ; and may I add the scrap metal place will only give me around $ 350 for it depending on exact weight. Wow... Dont buy one is an understatement !!!

Lexus with 66,000 miles for $3,800?

Gratifying Lexus quality with amazingly low mileage. Doctor's wife was the owner from new until 40,000 miles. Sound system is exemplary--includes CD changer. Platinum model with special paint colors. Needs hood struts and left rear tail light.

Best car ever

Beautiful car I would definitely get another one my next car purchase it would be a Lexus ES for sure most depending car on the road it has 202000 miles on it and still going

4.0

Expensive looking but reliable and manageable

Bought this car used father drives camrys and get insane mileage out of with few problems . I've driven Mercedes for years and have 500sl that is seasonale . Had e330 that gat stolen and always liked the Ls 400 but really needed more practical fwd vehicle . Found this pearl white es 300 1 owner non smoker and no accidents low miles for age 157k . Has a little more road noise then used too but it's actually turning out to be great car. For the money the year and quality of the build and hopefully the durability of Toyota I will buy another one .

4.3

easily could be better

it needs better cupholders and more cushion in the seats the 2 tone paint was a horrible idea. besides that, the car is great. kind of quick for a family sedan cuz it only weighs 3200 which is less then a mustang and it has 210 hp to

Awesome, reliable & strong

We got this car in 2008 as a trade in for our 1991 Lexus LS400 (I believe it was the 2nd year Lexus came out - yes 17 years old!). Now this 2000 ES300 is 19 years old and is going strong! It beat our top of the line Lexus. It isn't as smooth or quiet as the LS400, but this is a much smaller car. It still rides smooth and I've only had to get new tires 2xs, replace the spark plugs, O2 sensor and alternator. Sounds like a lot, but considering it's almost 20 years old, that's nothing! Every mechanic has told me that this car is built solid and have offered to purchase it because I'm only at 108,000 miles & it can go another 200,000. They also say not all Lexuses are built as good, I guess it's like wine, where they have some good years and some not so good. Another mechanic said the car rides like a "Cadillac" which I found funny. Anyway, great car, great stereo system, cold AC. I'll prob hand it down to my daughter in 4 years & just hope our next Lexus is built just as solid.

Absolutely love it.

It's great. Drives great, and it's very reliable. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great car. My favorite car I've ever had.

The Best Car I have ever owned!

The reliability, style, cost, comfort and longevity has been beyond expectations! I purchased this car used when it was 3 years old and it currently has 186,000 miles on it. I have kept the maintenance done and repaired problems immediately. It survived 8 years of northern winters and 7 years of Florida heat!! Another important factor is the leather interior...remains beautiful with no worn spots, cracked or tears - top grain! I love my Lexus and will always have a Lexus!!

A Sophisticated Daily Driver

I am 26 years old and have already owned 15 cars and 9 motorcycles. About half the cars I've owned were domestics, but bought my first & only toyota, or japanese car for that matter, about 5 years ago (like 2013?). It was a 1996 Toyota Celica and was a great car that I bought in a pinch because I wrapped my Mercury Grand Marquis around a telephone pole during a bad ice storm, had barely any money to my name, and needed something that was cheap to purchase, maintain, insure, and operate. It was a phenomenal car for the measly $1000 I paid for it, really fun to drive with the 5MT (had no power but was great in the corners. Kinda like a FWD Miata), and that was it. I bought a 2005 BMW 330XI and sold it. I did look back however and really missed the driving experience that the Toyota gave me, and yes, even over the bimmer. I actually had someone make me an offer on the BMW of about twice what I paid for it one day while pumping gas, and given the fact that I was managing a car dealership at the time, I was under that mentality of "everything is for sale" and of course, sold it that same day. After selling the BMW, I got into volvos and have been in a Volvo for most of the last 4 years. This last october of 2017, I sold my prized possession and to this date, my favorite car I've owned - My ULTRA rare 1998 Volvo S70 T5M (only 363 manual T5 S70's were brought into the states in 1998) in order to buy a truck as I took a job working construction. I've never liked trucks and a couple months ago, received a service truck through my current job and was informed I no longer needed a truck for work. I couldn't wait to get out of the truck and traded it almost immediately for my current car, a 2000 Lexus ES300. I drove many Lexus cars while working the dealership and the one thing that always blew my mind was how it simply didnt matter how many miles these cars had on them, they always look, felt, drove, and even smelled new. 100, 200, 300, even 400k miles couldnt bring these things down. You take what are arguably the most reliable cars on earth (Toyota) and then put EXTRA attention to detail, sparing no expense to build quality. My ES300 has quickly become my 2nd favorite car I've owned (behind the Volvo S70) and I just cannot believe at almost 150k miles, how pristine and perfect the car still is inside and out. Again, EVEN THE SMELL is still there. Sure, it wont win any races and in fact, it's actually rather sluggish, handles alright, stops decent, but boy is it quiet and holy crap does it ride well. The stock stereo sounds great with all sorts of music, everything is easy to figure out and control, I guess the punchline of the car to me is that everything just makes sense. I changed out every single light on the outside of the car, high beams, fogs, HID's and all the rear lights, in about 45min combined with no tutorial or anything. Its a solid, great, reliable daily driver that has aged extremely well. Still looks modern and sleek and sexy even at 18 years old.

Very comfortable ride

Great car to drive, spacious, comfortable great sound from the original speakers. The AC is super cold. Very good for long rides or short trips.