Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2000 ES 300

2000 Lexus ES 300

2000 Lexus ES 300

Have You Driven the 2000 Lexus ES 300?

Never knew I had it so good....

by I'm a believer from Fairfax, VA on Tue Apr 13 2010

...until this evening. I bought my ES used and fell in love w/ it on the test drive. It's now 10 yrs. old and almost 150K mi. on it w/ no issues at all. Tonight my wife and I drove some 2 y/o higher-end non-Lexus models because she's about ready for a new car. Would you believe that at the end of it all we looked at these cars most people only dream about owning and we both said, "I like our Lex better". I am still in awe. With this little Lex of mine, I can literally turn the steering wheel while driving or at a dead stop w/ one finger against the steering wheel spoke and almost no effort. It's got spunk but doesn't suck gas, and I on occasion have to drive 500+ mi. for meetings, see far away family, etc. and every time I get out of the car I feel fairly good. I'm 6', 200+ lbs. and I fit good and am comfortable in there. I still get compliments on the ol' girl and after a bath and a good toweling she still looks good w/ that shiny black paint and chromed wheels. In one of those high-enders we drove tonight I could feel the road in my hands through the steering wheel and through the floorboards in my feet - just running normally. Not in the ol' Lex. In another one the seats were so rigid I almost slid against the door going around a regular curve. Not in the ol' Lex. There's only three knocks I have against this car even if it is - again - a 10 y/o entry-level Lexus: 1) Road noise. I get what I think is a good amount in the cabin. 2) ALL the windows fog up way too quickly when it's humid outside - hot or cold weather; and, 3) as mentioned before, the cup holders. I just drive w/ my hand on the holder to keep the cup from falling out. Too big and the holder gives what ever it is holding a higher center of gravity to go flying. Other than those three things, I 've never looked back nor regretted buying this car. It will be a sad day when the old girl takes her last ride, but on the up-side, this car is so solid it's very possible my grand babies will drive it some day, and my oldest is only 14.

GO BUY NOW!

by Lexus Lover from Grand Rapids, MI on Tue Jan 12 2010

I bought a Lexus a year ago with 130k on it. It now has almost 200k on it and it is still going strong. The comfort in this car is amazing. Gas mileage is good too, although you have to fill it with premium gas. This can cost about 40 dollars to fill. This car is the best car I have ever owned. This car will go over 300k with no problem. I will be buy a Lexus any day.

SAFETY FIRST!

by v8babygirl from Santa Monica on Thu Jul 30 2009

I owned a 2000 Lexus for 2 years now. It was the best used car. Ran great, never gave me problems, just recently had a front end T bone collision with an SUV - it saved both my passenger and my life. THe front end was totalled but the passenger frame stayed in pretty good place. Had soft tissue injuries and we are alive! Now thats what i call safety! :O)

Most reliable car i have ever owned

by chubsaboy from Plattsmout, Ne on Sat Jun 27 2009

If you are looking for a great, comfortable, long lasting car, this one is for you. I have owned many different cars, but i actually didnt drive a car until i drove this one. I love it and it loves me, i have never had any big problems, just the regular wear and tear, oil changes, etc. I highly recommed this car to anyone who is looking for an affordable car.

Dont Think Twice

by lexus fan from Fort Lauderdale Fl on Thu Jan 21 2010

I am a proud owner of 2 lexus and by far the 2000 es 300 is the best. The most expensive part I had to chage on this car was the breaks at 120.00 I have no issues with this car it currently has 175k miles and someone offered me 5000.00 for this car. I will never sell this car Merceds,audi,Jaguar and acura can compare to this car.

Worth every payment

by Juice22 from San Diego, CA on Tue Jan 20 2009

This is just a complete value. The ES300 is very comfortable, especially for its size. It feels very elegant and very quiet; I use to forget the engine was on. The engine has plenty of power and runs incredibly smoothly. And I got great mileage for a V6 because of its variable valve timing. Have had to repair some wear and tear items but nothing that wasn't expected for an older car. I highly recommend this car for families or for someone looking for an economical daily commuter with perks.

es 300 worth it?

by Brent- from Highland Park,Tx on Sun May 06 2007

lexus offers 2 upscale versions of the es<theres coach edition,and platinum editon> both are gorgeous cars with upgraded leather from coach.the platinum has upgraded full grained leather.both have supremely rich wood steering wheels and fully decked out wood interior.the stainless steel satin nickel wheels give elegance to this conservative elegant classic body style.i love the clear lenses at the rear.its not sporty like a bmw, but matches them in luxury.made on the camry platform so it almost guaranteed to have bulletproof reliability,but sleeker and luxed out.still can be found in the classier areas because its still a preferred brand in the upscale community even if your a benz/bmw fan. all body panels are not shared by camry.but the chasis is.overall its a classy car with a smoothe ride, but not sporty.i purchased the black es300 platinum edition(also recived a platinum credit card with it),and a black 2000 bmw 528i,and both still look great on the road and in front of my home. we will upgrade to a 2008es and a 2008 5series in a few months,but we will keep the 2000 es as a third car, only because my 528i is very expensive to maintain.test drive one for yourself,but imo the coach or platinum series are the only cars id buy.

Most reliable ride ever

by gearhed from Superior , Wi. on Mon Jun 18 2007

I had bought this car with 22K on it five years later I know have 75k on it . The car is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned. It has a smooth quiet ride .You can open and close the windows and sunroof with a turn of the key in the door .Great sounding CD/radio, the HID lights are great on those rainy nights . The climate controls work well along with the heated seats . This is one of the most trouble free cars I have ever owned . So if you are looking for a extremely nice affordable car , Go For It. ( Highly Recommended)

Best looking sedan on the road -- still!

by Smooth Driver from Columbia, MD on Mon Aug 11 2014

From first glance I've always loved the lines of this car; for my taste, its the best looking sedan on the road. A glorified Camry? Perhaps, but for me that's a plus (better looking, more power and luxury, same incredible longevity). Every new rental car I drive reminds me how much nicer my car is back home. I don't crave power, prefer smoothness, so I'm happy with engine and front wheel drive (better for snow anyway). Purchased used at 112K miles; it now has 235K and I expect will go another 100+ -- besides brakes and 2 caliper replacements, only significant repairs have been a check engine light issue (something was clogged), and some computer issue that mis-shifted the transmission (I was worried about the transmission, but it was fine; several hundred dollars to fix, no problem). Yesterday I drove home from Maine, 401 highway miles, got 29.1 mpg. When this car finally gives up the ghost, probably somewhere over 300K miles, I will go get another circa 2000 ES300 with 150K miles or less (probably <$4K by then), and continue my love affair. (I am amused at the 2-star review calling this a boring car for boring people. Guess I'm happy being boring. Its fitting that my Lexus logos are silver, I think the gold logos are trying too hard anyway.)

Most reliable car we've ever owned

by KathyO from Miramar fl on Wed Jun 28 2017

I LOVE my Lexus ES300 Platinum! We purchased this car used with over 200k miles on it. Now 5 years later it's about to turn 300k and still runs great. Our 3 grown children all bought a Lexus because of this little beauty. None of the newer cars compare to our 17 year old! I would like a newer car only because the newer ones have Bluetooth!

1 2 3