2005 Lexus Es 330

Excellent Car, Transmission Can be better

by from New York on September 7, 2008

My Mom owns this car and she loves everything about it except for the local driving. There is a hesitation problem when you do not stop completely and start going again. The car has a drive by wire throttle transmission as do most cars, but this one had a recall. When you are driving and approach a stop sign and don't stop completely and then accelerate, the computer in the transmission takes a second or two to get into gear so you feel a jolt when you apply the gas. Other then that the driving is very smooth and luxurious. The Lexus dealer said there is nothing they can do to resolve this issue except for stopping completely at stop signs.

This will be my car for long, long time.

by from Miami, Fl. on July 10, 2009

I bought my ES-330 in Jan.1st.-'05, and 'til today I am really happy of my decision. Nothing bad in this gorgeous car. I have driven, Mercedes,BMW,Volvo, etc...this Lexus is the best.

Great car and ride

by from Brockton, MA on September 1, 2012

I originally had two Mercedes benz and wanted to try out a Lexus and so far I am very, very impressed with the styling, comfort and performance. Great car to have

Fantastic Car

by from Phoenix / Chandler AZ on September 2, 2013

I bought my ES330 in Nov '05 used with 12,000 miles under the Lexus Certified Used Car from a local Lexus Dealer. I have always owned American made cars, thought i would try out Lexus. This has been absolutely the best car i have ever owned. Comfortable ride, quiet, reliable, handles great, impressive styling -exterior and interior. Definitely worth the money. Haven't had any major problems owning this car. I was always taking my GM, Chryslers back for repairs. After owning this car, I will NOT go back to American Cars again. Im thinking about buying another Lexus.

Love this Car

by from Dallas, Texas on July 4, 2016

I recently bought a used 2005 Lexus ES330, and so happy with the vehicle and it's reliability. Despite being 10 years old, this car still drives like new. Should have bought this Lexus many years ago.

Best Car I have ever Owned

by from Sun City West, AZ on March 5, 2013

This car may be destined to become a classic. Mine is 8 years old. Looks and drives like it was brand new. The finish is still fresh looking and the trim has not faded or deteriorated. We bought it used off a dealer's lot. giving him a car that was in very high demand at the time so we got a very good deal. We just finished a 2,400 mile round trip from Phoenix to Kansas City and back. Averaged 25 mpg and around 70mph. Smooth as silk. We used to take 3 or even 4 days for the trip in our other cars because they were uncomfortable to ride in. We now take 2 days and are not tired at all. This car handles very well. We went down US-54 through Kansas which is mostly two lanes. Passing was never a problem. Punch it and we were easily around even the big trucks. Going from 65 to 85 is pretty easy. I have only one complaint. The trunk could be bigger and the seats could be fold downs (though that might make them uncomfortable).

Most reliable car

by from West Springfield, MA on March 17, 2013

The second Lexus that I've owned. Most reliable, comfortable, quiet, cars I've ever owned. I would highly recommend one for any new or used car purchase.

A great sedan

by from Oak Brook, IL on May 22, 2006

I did not anticipate purchasing this vehicle. I have always driven cars by another manufacturer. However, on a lark, I decided to test drive it. I fell in love with its smooth drive and great handling. It is extremely comfortable to drive - good visibility (no bad blind spots), good seat adjustments (I'm only 5'3" tall but I can adjust the seat to compensate for this) and a very quiet engine. The car looks as great as it drives. The paint job is flawless and the styling is very sleek. The trunk is ample and there is a place where the arm rests in the back seat comes down and two pair of skis will fit through the back seat to the trunk. Two sets of golf clubs and one pull cart will fit easily into the trunk. All of this - AND - there is a special hook for your purse on the front side of the passenger's seat. It was love at first site.

Loving this car!

by from Northwest Indiana on August 30, 2014

I could never afford a car like a Lexus brand-new, not in this economy, not with a small child in the family. I thought I would do better buying a clean used Lexus than a newer and lesser car. I think I was right. I bought a 2005 ES330 with 150,000 miles on it. I bought it at a Lexus dealer and there were a ton of records showing the car having regular maintenance. The body integrity is excellent on this car. No rattles, no squeaks, everything works. The projector beam headlights are amazing; the high beams are far beyond anything I've ever had on a car before. The interior is laid out sensibly and just oozes a feeling of quality in every way. The climate control system is easy to learn, powerful and responsive. The ES330 is not intended for sporty driving but it does corner very well and handles beautifully on the road. The engine is nearly silent from inside the car and idles as smooth as silk. You can run this car on any unleaded gas but the higher octane you use, the more the engine will deliver some extra power. I tend to use the mid-grade but regular or premium can also be used. American car companies supposedly have a standard with their parts suppliers of 500 defects per million parts; Lexus's standard is 20 per million. After just a month owning this car, I think that same level of quality carries through the whole car. I love mine.

One Fantastic Find!

by from Tucson, AZ on October 2, 2014

I had been without a vehicle of my own since May of this year when I had an accident that totaled my 2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab. I was relatively unhurt, except for a knee that was sore for awhile. As much as I love trucks, and SUVS, I knew the eventual replacement vehicle would have to be more fuel efficient and would have to meet other criteria, too. It had to be safe, fun to drive, and be able to hold more then two other people. I was talking to my Mom over this past weekend saying "I'm thinking about a used luxury car, like a Lexus or Acura, because of the features, reliability, and safety. So, on a whim, my Mom did a Google search on Monday and found a cherry 2005 ES 330, with 70500 miles, and $13,000 on it and I went across town to look at it. It wasn't a "love at first site," type reaction like I've had with my pickups but I did like the sedate and timeless design to the vehicle. I didn't care for the way the front end looked but I figured down the line I'd fix that with an aftermarket grille and headlights or similar treatment. I also was ecstatic with it being black, in Arizona, but it was a solid car with minimal issues. I test drove it, took it across town to have my Mom look at it, and bought it on Monday night. So far I've been loving it and it is a wonderful car to drive. I'm not used to driving a car that sits so low, so I'm having to get used to that and I'm missing Bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone. The only issuess I have on the interior are some rattles I'm finding out where they are (and will fix), and the dash has pulled away from the passenger airbag a bit. Externally, there are only some moderate scratches on the back bumper area. I plan on fixing that with either paint-on bedliner material or a similar fix. For a car with 70,000 plus miles on it, these are pretty small issues. What I hate the most about the car is the fact I haven't had a whole lot of time to take her for a road trip or more driving time!

Similar Models