Model Details

2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews

Average based on 24 reviews

Excellent Car, Transmission Can be better

by from New York on September 7, 2008

My Mom owns this car and she loves everything about it except for the local driving. There is a hesitation problem when you do not stop completely and start going again. The car has a drive by wire throttle transmission as do most cars, but this one had a recall. When you are driving and approach a stop sign and don't stop completely and then accelerate, the computer in the transmission takes a second or two to get into gear so you feel a jolt when you apply the gas. Other then that the driving is very smooth and luxurious. The Lexus dealer said there is nothing they can do to resolve this issue except for stopping completely at stop signs.

This will be my car for long, long time.

by from Miami, Fl. on July 10, 2009

I bought my ES-330 in Jan.1st.-'05, and 'til today I am really happy of my decision. Nothing bad in this gorgeous car. I have driven, Mercedes,BMW,Volvo, etc...this Lexus is the best.

Great car and ride

by from Brockton, MA on September 1, 2012

I originally had two Mercedes benz and wanted to try out a Lexus and so far I am very, very impressed with the styling, comfort and performance. Great car to have

Will Run This Car Forever

by from Greensburg, PA on November 29, 2012

This is the nicest car I ever owned. I have had it 5 years and have gotten so many compliments on the ride and interior and exterior looks. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. Great car!

Fantastic Car

by from Phoenix / Chandler AZ on September 2, 2013

I bought my ES330 in Nov '05 used with 12,000 miles under the Lexus Certified Used Car from a local Lexus Dealer. I have always owned American made cars, thought i would try out Lexus. This has been absolutely the best car i have ever owned. Comfortable ride, quiet, reliable, handles great, impressive styling -exterior and interior. Definitely worth the money. Haven't had any major problems owning this car. I was always taking my GM, Chryslers back for repairs. After owning this car, I will NOT go back to American Cars again. Im thinking about buying another Lexus.

Best Car I have ever Owned

by from Sun City West, AZ on March 5, 2013

This car may be destined to become a classic. Mine is 8 years old. Looks and drives like it was brand new. The finish is still fresh looking and the trim has not faded or deteriorated. We bought it used off a dealer's lot. giving him a car that was in very high demand at the time so we got a very good deal. We just finished a 2,400 mile round trip from Phoenix to Kansas City and back. Averaged 25 mpg and around 70mph. Smooth as silk. We used to take 3 or even 4 days for the trip in our other cars because they were uncomfortable to ride in. We now take 2 days and are not tired at all. This car handles very well. We went down US-54 through Kansas which is mostly two lanes. Passing was never a problem. Punch it and we were easily around even the big trucks. Going from 65 to 85 is pretty easy. I have only one complaint. The trunk could be bigger and the seats could be fold downs (though that might make them uncomfortable).

Most reliable car

by from West Springfield, MA on March 17, 2013

The second Lexus that I've owned. Most reliable, comfortable, quiet, cars I've ever owned. I would highly recommend one for any new or used car purchase.

A great sedan

by from Oak Brook, IL on May 22, 2006

I did not anticipate purchasing this vehicle. I have always driven cars by another manufacturer. However, on a lark, I decided to test drive it. I fell in love with its smooth drive and great handling. It is extremely comfortable to drive - good visibility (no bad blind spots), good seat adjustments (I'm only 5'3" tall but I can adjust the seat to compensate for this) and a very quiet engine. The car looks as great as it drives. The paint job is flawless and the styling is very sleek. The trunk is ample and there is a place where the arm rests in the back seat comes down and two pair of skis will fit through the back seat to the trunk. Two sets of golf clubs and one pull cart will fit easily into the trunk. All of this - AND - there is a special hook for your purse on the front side of the passenger's seat. It was love at first site.

Love this Car

by from Dallas, Texas on July 4, 2016

I recently bought a used 2005 Lexus ES330, and so happy with the vehicle and it's reliability. Despite being 10 years old, this car still drives like new. Should have bought this Lexus many years ago.

amazing car

by from L.A. on February 18, 2008

this is an amazing and smooth car.would never trade it for any other. have had a merc. but this car is much better.