2014 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews

4.1
Average based on 26 reviews

Unpleasant surprise...

by from New Jersey on April 23, 2015

My husband and I have been looking forward to having our first luxury car...Decided to lease it and then buy it out to last us for many years.... This car drives like a dream! That is the only good thing about it though. Exterior is so thin, anything make a dent, not a mark. Inside there is no logic where things are located on the dashboard, so it makes it extremely impractical. There is no space where you would put down your phone! There are 2 cup holders, but they are not ergonomically placed. If you need to put down a peace of paper or your sunglasses, there is no room for that either. After a while, it really gets to you, that you get in the car and cannot put down things that are in your hands. BUT there is ample room for a "Lexus computer mouse!" and the dial for sport/economy/regular driving mode. That dial is so big, you would think its the main attraction. Also, communication with the car voice recognition system is so complicated, that you would have to go to specialized school for that. Nothing is simple, the car"talks too much" and when you need help, it talks even more, but does not help. Even changing a radio station is extremely complicated! I know that I sound like someone who never seen a car with luxury features, but I have no problem communicating with my KIA Sorrento, system there is extremely intuitive and pleasure to use, and has all the advanced features I would expect from Lexus! Talking about advanced features, Exterior sensors to not work to my expectations. I ran the sidewalk, waiting for the car to beep to let me know that I am too close to it!!! It always beeped prior to that, but I guess there is a margin for mistake there. I and considering switching sensors off and trusting my own good old feelings. Also, Interior is easily marked and scratched. Needles to say this baby goes back to dealer after end of lease.

I'm done ... LEXUS ES350 ... don't buy it lease it

by from Phoenix, AZ on July 14, 2014

This is my 3rd Lexus ES350 ... and it will be my last.! The styling has improved dramatically while the cheapening of the car has improved dramatically as well. It is not solid ...it is lighter, noisier, and has more plastic. I live in Phoenix and a feature that I loved about the car ... seat coolers has become a joke. When I called the dealership the woman who makes service appointments told me I had to make sure the setting for the AC would blow cool air to the floor as if by osmosis the cold air would find it's way to the seat itself. Calling Lexus regional - at this point - no help! It is a poor design. They are escalating it ... to what? Someone else to say there is nothing they can do. The Lexus ES used to be a great car and while it looks good it has been cheapened and no longer a great car. My 2009 ES 350 rides better and is quieter and more solid than this 2014. Used to be there weren't a lot of great choices out there ... now here are plenty! The ES 350 isn't one of them!

reliable lexus

by from Lancaster pa on August 19, 2014

Classic elegance with feel of reliability from lexus brand. This is my third lexus and would not consider other car manufacturer

Good reliability

by from Winfield, IL on July 15, 2014

Nice style, good performance, smooth ride, and good value. Second one we've owned. Would highly recommend for value and ride.

ES350 Cetified

by from Foothil Ranch on June 1, 2015

Last night my family went to Lexus of Riverside after making an appointment with John Wall. We drove form Orange County to Riverside. Great Deal, Beautiful car and very happy with John. He did everything he promised to me over the phone and made the process fast and easy. We will be purchasing our next family car from Mr. John Wall.

hope it works out

by from Syracuse, NY on October 8, 2014

My wife and I got rid of our impala ss nightmare and she picked out the ES350(our first Lexus). Used with 7000 miles, having wind noise on driver door. Transmission shifts up and down @ 30 to 40 mph. Makes you ill. Trunk is bleeding rust from near the camera. Car is at dealership now. They were giving us kind of an attitude for buying from another dealer but I guess they got over it. Hopefully it gets resolved. As for the car in general, I feel it is well built,powerful(like a rocket! As much power as the SS).,decent mileage 34 highway 28 city and terrific features. The car is comfortable to drive and handles well. It came with Bridgestone tires which I will replace with michelin. They are worn out after only 30,000 miles. I think it's a good car,I just have bad luck.

Reliable

by from ORLANDO, FL on April 14, 2014

ON MY 4TH LEXUS RIDE IS GREAT. FINISH ABOVE NORMAL. HAS EXTRA PROTECTION. WE GET A LOT OF COMMENTS FROM FRIENDS. SAY IT ALWAYS LOOKS LIKE NEW.

its a great vehicle

by from rockyhill ct. on June 29, 2014

ES300 I have had three and I have had 1Rx 300 and 1RX350 which I still own Lexus vehicle speak for themselves.

Equal to the Toyota Camry XLE I had before this ca

by from Freehold, N.J. on April 12, 2014

I find the car has a lot of bells and whistles and no one from Lexus offered to explain all the details. I found driving the car a little frustrating because of the lack of knowledge I had in dealing with all the buttons.

Cheap

by from Buffalo on August 10, 2014

Cheap,cheap and did I say cheap. Drove a new loaner while my 2013 RX was in for nys inspection. Never again. Cheap looking interior,thin uncomfortable seats,no upside compared to a Chevy impala. In fact the Chevy is more impressive with beautiful comfy interior for a few grand less. The ES handling was sloppy and the ride was nothing to write home about. Please Lexus don't cheapen the new RX 350. If you do I won't be back.