2016 GS 200t

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
4 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2016 Lexus GS 200t?

2016 Lexus GS200t

by Allen from LA, CA on Mon Feb 15 2016

We just leased this car for my mom, traded in her 13' BMW 328i convertible for the 16' Lexus GS200t last night. Its a beautiful car and all but it does not come anywhere close to BMW or Mercedes. The Germans really are on a different level when it comes to cars. The interior of the Lexus is beautiful but noticed today that one of the interior leather molding where the right knee touches on the drivers side has popped out and everytime I push it in its popping out. Im sure it will be a quick fix for Lexus, but we havent had it for 24 yet and already its going to the dealer. The engine is very underpowered for the size of the car. Lexus you should have bumped up the HP and torque on the car. This 200t engine is meant for a small body such as the IS, def not for the GS. Lets see if my moms gets anything close to 33mpg since all she does is drive highway. Lexus your rear view camera quality sucks a**. But beautiful car. Know wonder the Germans charge a little more, you really do get a higher quality car for the money.

I would buy another one again tomorrow!

by Jlvslxus from Denton, TX on Thu May 18 2017

This car is awesome! I love the way it drives and it gets great gas mileage for my long commute. It has everything I need in a car!

Nebula Grey beauty!

by Raheem A from Sacramento, CA on Wed Feb 14 2018

Coming from a 2012 Nissan Maxima Special Edition with 290 horsepower, I thought that the 2016 Lexus GS 200t would be a huge downgrade performance wise. However, the 241 horsepower turbocharged motor is more than adequate. There is a slight delay when you initially press the pedal (turbo lag), but it gets going once the turbo kicks in! Even with the upgraded premium Lexus wheels, the car delivers a smooth, noise-insulated ride. I purchased this vehicle in Thousand Oaks (398 miles from my home), and drove it back home. With a full tank, on "ECO" mode, I arrived in Sacramento with a little less than a half tank left! Talk about fuel efficiency! Definitely night and day from my Maxima that returned 26 MPG highway/19 City (versus 33 Highway/22 City with the GS 200t). I was fortunate to find a model equipped with the Navigation and Premium packages. I absolutely love the huge 12.3 multi-function display (you can view audio information on one half while viewing your GPS), interior lighting (pretty much every button is illuminated), comfortable leather seats, retracting power mirrors (perfect for conveniently parking in tight spaces), power rear sunshade, ventilated driver's and passenger's seats, and the crystal clear audio system (it almost sounds like you're in the studio with the artist). On the outside, I can't get enough of looking at this car! The Nebula Gray Pearl is gorgeous, and looks clean even when dirty (I came from a black car that collected dust within minutes of being washed). The spindle grille (revised for 2016+ models) gives the car an aggressive look. Like most luxury vehicles, the doors close with ease. The LED daytime running lights provide adequate lighting during dusk and dawn. I have only had the vehicle for 4 days, so I am still discovering new features (the rear passengers have their own center console)! This is my first time having a vehicle with all of the bells and whistles! Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon, but I feel like Lexus has hit this one out of the ballpark.

Luxurious and reliable...all in one package!

by Raheem02 from Elk Grove, CA on Mon Mar 05 2018

Dream Car

by Dee from Algonquin, IL on Wed Jun 06 2018

This is a beautiful car inside and out. It really stands out, handles well and fun to drive. The hp is more than adequate, I can't find one thing I'm not completely satisfied with in the 1 month I've had the car.