1999 GS 300

1999 Lexus GS 300

$676 - $6,900  MSRP Range
1999 Lexus GS 300

Have You Driven the 1999 Lexus GS 300?

Can't find a suitable replacement

by John K from Annapolis, MD on Sun Sep 06 2009

Bad news for anyone looking to buy a 1999 Lexus GS 300, you can NOT have mine! I have spent over four years looking at possible replacements but knew I wouldn?t be happy with anything else. Also, once you have been to a Lexus dealer for service, all of the others are second class. We bought the car pre-owned, commuted in it 60 miles/day (Washington DC) for 4 years and at 126K miles it still seems new inside and out. Interior materials are first rate especially the wood. Finally bought a 2007 Infiniti M35 to have something newer. Good thing I kept the Lexus. Best Features: R-E-L-I-A-B-L-E!! Quite. Near 30 mpg on hywy. The Lexus ownership experience is great. 10-way power driver and passenger seats. Power tilt/telescope steering wheel. The paint. The wood. Always room for improvements: Since it's too late to expect improvements in a 10 year old car I'll just alert you to two performance issues. The car lurches when you first press on the gas. It is hard to start off smoothly. And on the flip side, the brakes are late to grab, annoying in stop-and-go traffic.

You can't beat a GS

by David K from NC on Sat Dec 06 2008

I bought my barely used GS300 in 2006 and now have 81k miles on it. This has been a flawless car except for 1 door lock. I highly recommend this RWD sedan due to it's comfort, reliability, and driving habits. The inline 6 motor is strong and gets good mileage for this heavy and stable car.

Exellent vehicle to own!! highly recomended

by G-LO from Seattle WA on Mon Jan 14 2013

I've own my 1999 Lexus GS 300 for several years and even-though is a Salvage Title. This vehicle has been the best car I've ever owned. I always get compliments from people when driving it and who ever ride with me always has good things say about the comfort of the seat and ride!! I love my car and would not change it for anything else.. unless is a newer Lexus.

195,000 Miles Strong

by joshua_777 from San Diego, California on Fri Jul 21 2017

I have owned this car since I drove it off the lot in 1999. Ever since then, it had zero major mechanical issues. Oil changes, couple small parts here and there, I have barely spent any money on this car compared to others. It still rides as smooth as it did when I first bought it, and still has the kick that it once had! For the time I bought it, interior styling and performance would be 5/5 stars. However, I adjusted everything for today's standards. It is still quick, though, and the interior is just a little dated. But man, 195,000 miles are on this car and it shows NO signs of stopping.

Reliable, well built, no hardware problems.

by jp from Johnstown, Pa on Thu Jan 11 2007

A very reliable vehicle that has stood the test of time in looks, reliablity and performance. Absolutely no problems with the vehicle, less the partial digital display washout on the radio.

Best Car I've ever owned

by COgoTexans from Huntington Beach on Fri Feb 16 2018

My Lexus GS300 has been a great car. I bought it from the original owner with 81000 miles on it in 2004 and it now has 218,000 miles on it and I still love it. Over the years I've had to put a little money into it for things such as a new radiator, valve cover, shocks and struts, etc. I've kept up on all the standard maintenance (oil changes, tune-ups ,timing belts) and this car still runs like a dream. Very solid, strong powerful motor, and a super smooth comfortable ride. Best car I've ever owned.

Great Used Car

by Tryeasy from Palm Springs on Sun Mar 25 2012

I bought a 2000 Lexus GS 300 in 2010. It had 95,000 miles and a clean 1-owner Carfax report. I have purchased new tires, new power memory seat module, and steering/suspension repair. Total of $1,100. This GS rides beautifully and gives my over weight 6'3" frame good legroom and headroom. Probably the best car I have ever owned out of the 60 or so in my lifetime!

My wonderful old Lexus!!

by Ellie R. from central Phoenix, near Northern, on 16th St. on Wed Oct 17 2012

I have adored my 1999 Lexus, it has been the BESt car I've ever owned. I have not used it a lot, being an older lady, but have tried to maintain it very well. It only has a few things (minor) wrong with it, at present, such as I need to get the door locks looked at. I just feel I'd like to have a Prius now,as it has better mileage. The mileage on this car has been very good and satisfactory, however! A truly unforgettable car, I bought it with 33,000 miles on it, some years ago!!

Still rolling......

by D from Akron, OH on Mon Sep 01 2014

I have a '99 GS300, with 253K on it. besides the normal "stuff", the only thing i have had to do to it is a valve cover gasket and exhaust. Excellent car, fuel mileage is not great, but performs well, comfortable and dependable. What more could you ask for? Don't be afraid of one of these with a lot of miles if its been taken care of, you won't be disappointed.

Most reliable car I've ever owned!

by StacieL from Bel Air on Wed Jul 19 2017

The lexus is hands down the best car I have ever owned! Mine is now 18 yrs old with 400,000 miles on it! It still runs like the day I bought it!

1 2