2006 GS 300

2006 Lexus GS 300

2006 Lexus GS 300

Have You Driven the 2006 Lexus GS 300?

QUALITY CAR

by GS LADY from NEWARK, DE on Thu Jul 27 2006

This car is amazing. It feels like I am driving on air. It's like driving a sport car and luxury car in one. Holds the road perfectly. Fantastic in bad weather with the AWD. Instrumentation is very accessible and easy to use. Navigation is easy to use as is Bluetooth. Overall FABULOUS.

Extremely smooth ride, well polished interior

by 2ND LEXUS from SW Florida on Sat Jul 20 2013

Very, very smooth ride and impeccable interior. Recommend the 14 speaker 330w mark levinson sound system if you can find one with it. averaging 25.5 mpg combined city and hwy, premium fuel. The only drawback is that at 245HP, it is a tad underpowered, but, I am not planning on drag racing anytime soon. Also, another small, but expected drawback is that the car is not especially "fun" to drive - little in the way of dynamic handling. But that is to be expected - it is a trade off for the incredibly smooth drive feel. Have had the car for about 5 thousand miles, bought it at 21k miles, not a single mechanical.auto problem yet. Overall, I would recommend the car, especially at used prices - not sure there is a better used value for a sporty mid sized sedan out there with the dependability the Lexus badge brings.

GS300 Rocks

by DR Lex from New York, NY on Wed Dec 13 2006

I leased my GS 300 this past March and overall I am very happy with the vehicle. At the beginning the power was not very visible but after the 5,000 mile mark, it became more responsive. The steering is tight and cornering is good, not what I expected from a performance car though. When I was searching for a car I also researched the Infiniti M35x, and yes the M is slightly more powerful and has slightly better handling, but it is also not as luxury as one would want a $50,000 car to be. The Lexus is loaded with more luxury features, trim and seats. Overall I am very happy I chose the GS.

Can't miss

by driver of many cars from Washington State on Sat Sep 25 2010

This is an incredible car for the price. Lexus hit it right with this one. Surprising power for a 3.0L, luxurious, and of the highest quality. Sporty too!

Great performance and handling, gas efficient.

by LRoadster from El Cajon on Wed Jun 14 2017

I have owned my 2006 Lexus GS300 for 10 years and have been very happy with its reliability, handling and quality. The paint still looks great and the interior is also holding up well. Gives great gas mileage. Love the keyless entry. I am selling it because I want to sit up higher after driving sedans for a couple of decades.

after one year of ownership, very satisfied

by Murphy from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Fri Aug 25 2006

have had many luxury cars in the past eg. BMW, Mercedes etc....and have found this one to excel the others. Very reliable, relatively no problems, have to read the manual to understand all the features such as voice control, GPS system etc. Found the dealer and service excellent, with no problems getting a free loaner car when you need service that will take more than a couple of hours. But one warning....my car is AWD....and never never attempt to drive in any kind of winter weather with their high performance tires. It is terrifying. You MUST have either all weather tires or winter tires as I do.

best car ever

by mark from roanoke on Tue Dec 06 2011

"I've had my GS for almost 4 years. It is fabulous. Never had a problem!! It drives like a dream, handles great in bad weather and although pricey, you really get a quality vehicle. I would not part with mine. Too bad some people had problems. Can happen with any car. Had a s500 and it was a total baddddd!!! Sold it and got my Lexus and I've been problem free ever since. AMAZING CAR!!" grate on gas ride everything i love luxus !!!!!!

Reliable luxury and it still looks good.

by The Moats from Littleton CO on Tue Dec 19 2017

Pros: It is reliable by all standards. Mine is AWD. It was loaded with features( Bluetooth, touch screen navigation, voice commands). It is a 11 year old car and it does not look dated compared to similar aged Hyundai or Fords. It is smooth, comfortable, and has plenty of power. Resale value is HIGH. Cons: The MPG is low by modern standards....I get 24MPG mixed driving. Old people tend to be the 1st owners and they tend to care for the cars well. Young "tuner" types buy them used and mistreat them...They are often seen with tinted windows dropped suspension etc.

2006 GS 300

by Love Toyota Products from Fallston, MD on Tue Jun 05 2012

Bought one of the first 2006 Lexus GS 300's to come off the boat (Mar 2005). We owned it until we purchased a new 2013 GS 350 and loved everything about it. Over the years we had so many compliments on the car. No vehicle is perfect but this one came close and anything that did go wrong with it Lexus covered at no charge well beyond the expiration of the warranty. This car had a few minor recalls which were covered. We had a few issues with wheel alignments which caused the front tires to wear more than usual but if we would have paid attention to the tire wear we would have caught it before the tires wore out. We had a headlight burn out and when we called Lexus they said it shouldn't have burned out. I tried to fix it but it required the dropping of the front bumper. I was told 500.00. After a little disagreement with Lexus they said they would repair it for free since they did say it shouldn't have burnt out. Besides for those few issues out of pocket expenses were for oil changes and tires only. At 106K we traded it in. Besides tires and oil changes (which I did myself) this car never really cost much to operate. One thing I do suggest is don't let Lexus talk you into all the maintenance they say it should have. Change the oil regularly and drive it. We also only put front brake pads on this car in the 7 years we owned it. Again I did it myself for under 50.00. Pretty incredible. Some say Lexus' are expensive to maintain. They are if you let Lexus service it and overcharge you for it. We now have a new 2013 GS 350 (bought Mar 2012) and were enjoying another one.

Great gas mileage; haven't found trunk too small

by techna from on Mon Jul 04 2011

Just got back from a long trip and got over 31 mpg on highway. Before buying the GS300 AWD I looked at the GS330, but the mileage is much lower and I really didn't need the 330 power boost -- the 300 is plenty fast! We met a couple of back-packers at a state park on our trip and gave them a ride. Their two full-size packs fit just fine into our trunk, so while the trunk looks small it really does hold quite a lot. What I like best is that the car is the perfect size for me -- a little bit smaller than my previous Camry. With the AWD and extra power it is really nimble and sure-footed in traffic. It's not as quiet as my husband's Lexus LS, but it's also several thousand dollars cheaper! The GS original equipment tires are run-flats, which have very stiff sidewalls. If you change out the tires to something like a touring tire the ride will be a lot quieter and smoother. We put Conti all-season DWSs on to replace the run-flats and it made a huge difference. I love this car -- hope to keep it for a long time.

1 2 3 4 5