Model Details

4.2
Average based on 23 reviews

Top class Machine- GS350 AWD

by from Jersey\Toronto on July 8, 2009

Just bought the GS350 last week and have already racked up close to 1K and man was it a fun ride. As a previous owner of a GS400 I loved the car but had problems in the snow and long drives. So my requirement was find a powerful enough sedan to have fun with but can handle the snow\rain and not slip out. I ultimately came down to Audi A8 and GS350. Audi A8 is a sexy car but the engine reliability is what spooked met. I test drove 2 both had engine knocking with less then 50K miles. I know Lexus if maintained correctly will last me up to 200-250K. Pro's -Exterior Design Love it -Power 300HP with AWD (Wanna have fun take it into 6-Speed mode, hit the power button and take off VSC) -Navigation, compared to others I have used it was very simple, granted functionality is limited while driving but I think that's a good thing. - Interior lighting is pretty catchy. Con's -Comfort, coming from a GS400 I think Lexus took a bit a way from the leather seats. Still comfortable don't get me wrong but compared to before a bit dissappointed. - Not sure how they missed the AUX port for ipod. - Stock Rims 17" look very ugly, already in process of putting on 430 18"

Vehicle drives/rides better than previous Lexus

by from Missouri on July 8, 2010

I thought my previous 1999 Lexus GS 400 was a great ride but the 2007 Lexus GS 350 handles better, rides smoother and is quieter. Love the Verdigris Mica (green) color!

Lexus A+

by from Chicago on January 8, 2010

Very nice car...attractive, stylish, smooth, appealing...can't say enough. Sporty, professional and sexy all the way around. I did own it and with kids it was tight, I did have issues with squeeking breaks and dealer could not fix and admitted to ongoing issue. Other than that...the car is great! safe! worth it!

Bought a Pre-Owned

by from on April 26, 2010

Bought a 2007 AWD and love it. It handles well in all conditions and is a blast to drive. It has everything that I need on the interior the exterior is a little bland but by far the smoothest vehicle I have had.

An Exquisite and Well Designed Machine

by from Los Angeles,CA on April 28, 2007

My previous vehicle was an IS 300 so obviously my point of view is going to be a little different from most GS 350 buyers. I'm also 35 so I'm younger than most GS 350 buyers. The GS 350 is really Lexus' attempt to synthesize performance and luxury. As a result the GS 350 can't do everything perfectly and by default most make some design comprimises. For example compared to my IS 300 the car is somewhat larger, this is quite noticable around sharp corners. Also although the low profile 18 inch tires have enormous grip they may be a little noiser (as one writer put it),although I do think a change in tire make may solve this problem. However in light of all the compromises I feel that the car is an excellent overall package that exceeds the sum of its parts. First of all the car is extremely comfortable its a nice place to sit with your friends and just chat. Although this may not be the case for taller drivers and passengers over 6 feet. Second of all the performance is outstanding. The Lexus is capable of handling most high speed sweepers and interchanges on the freeway without a hint of effort. I've had traction control come at high speed once, and that was only because was going at a very fast speed through a sweeping freeway interchange. Although I like computers and complicated audio systems the LCD menu is quite thorough and takes a while to master. There are all sorts of options for GPS,mapping,dual climate control,audio controls on the LCD. The trunk release/mirror control/fuel release buttons are located in their own separate tightly packed cluster. The takeoff on the engine is absolutely superb and if you're fast you'll be at the next stoplight by the time most cars are halfway through the intersection. Acceleration is brisk and gaining a 20-30 mph speed jump on your fellow motorists isn't a problem at all. More importantly however the car has monstrous grip at high speeds going when traveling through sweepers or corners at high speed. I feel that most drivers will lose their nerve before they can even begin to seriously test the car's handling capabilities. Although perfection may be in the eye of the bolder for me the Lexus GS 350 is an astounding combination of luxury and raw power.

The perfect car!

by from Dallas, TX on June 16, 2007

The exterior looks great from every possible angle. I chose obsidian (which is a gorgeous jet-black color) with black leather interior and chrome wheels, and I constantly catch other drivers checking out my car as I'm going down the highway. It's very sharp-looking! The GS 350, in my opinion, is the perfect size--practical whether you're a mother with a couple of kids or just someone who totes around a lot of friends--while remaining super sporty. I love the fact that I can comfortably put all of my groceries in the trunk or backseat, yet still zoom off of a red light and beat most other drivers. It's incredibly fast for a four-door car. There is hardly any road noise, and you can barely tell it's even running while you're idling. The bells and whistles on this model are phenomenal, and you can tell a lot of thought was put into it. For example, before my girlfriends and I go out, we stick our purses in the trunk while we're still inside the car from a pass-through in the backseat and lock it, then we lock the glove department and hand the valet the plastic part of the key so they can't access our valuables. Also, you never have to fiddle with pressing a button on a remote or search for your keys to get into your car. You simply have the "key" in your purse or in your pocket, and grab the handle, and the car unlocks. Then you just press a button to start the car. My favorite feature is the bluetooth connection for your phone. With most ordinary cars, you can't hear your phone ring when you're listening to your music. (Or maybe I just listen to mine really loud!) However, with this feature, your music stops when your phone rings, and you press a button either on the steering wheel or the touch screen to answer it and talk like you're talking to someone sitting right beside you through the speakers on your car. Very safe!! Then when you're done talking, you press a button to hang up, and your music resumes. I feel like I have it all with this car. It's fast, yet still very practical. It looks sporty, but I still have a backseat. It's asthetically pleasing, yet not flashy. Most importantly, the people at Lexus usually go out of their way to insure that you and your car is taken care of. With all of the service features they offer, you get more for your money. I don't see how you could be unhappy with a car like this.

Most fun to drive

by from Oviedo, FL on March 5, 2011

This is my 3rd GS. 2000 Platinum was sold with 148,700 miles in 2005 and it is still on the road. Traded in my 2006 for a 300+hp 2007 and it is a blast driving.

Best car so far.

by from Central California on June 18, 2012

My wife owned a 1998 GS300 that we bought used. When it came time for her to replace it we looked at BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus. She kept going back to the Lexus, and with the excellent service we got out of the old one, it was a no-brainer. Dislikes? I don't like the fold-down door access for mirrors, gas door, trunk, etc, and the brakes squeal something terrible. Lexus has attempted to fix this problem, but when you pay this much for a car, you shouldn't have to deal with something like this. They should fix the problem regardless of how much it costs, and how much humble pie they have to eat. BTW, the old 98 GS300? I got rid of my 2007 GM car and I drive the old Lexus for work now, and with 170,000 miles, it's still twice the car a new Chevy is.

great ride

by from delaware on October 20, 2011

car is awesome. Interior and exterior. great technology and equipment. Smooth transmission. Love, love it.

The most fun you'll have in a car!!!

by from Washington, DC on August 27, 2007

OK some BMW fans will question this but seriously, take the GS350 for a spin and see for yourself! I tried the Infiniti M35, Acura RL, and the GS350 car while shopping. The GS won overall balancing comfort and performance. Five stars for everything but I gave four for performance and handling because you have to drive it in power mode all the time; the thrill is addictive. Alas, power mode isn't exactly fuel efficient so there is the inevitable trade-off. Additionally, handling suffers a bit on corners as it is a heavy car and you can feel some roll. However, its good value for money provided you get a set of features that you'll use. My favorites are the upgraded Spider wheels, the seat cooling and the adaptive headlights. I've also owned a 2000 GS300 and it just gets better. You will love this car!!!