Model Details

2007 Lexus GS 450h Consumer Reviews

Average based on 13 reviews

Lots of power; little fuel; tons of fun

by from Ohio on October 16, 2007

I test drove it three times. To be sure, it is a bit different than the normal GS350/430. I also drove a RX400h and a Toyota Camry hybrid to see if they all behaved the same. They are all similar but the GS450h is obviously the most powerful. The continuously variable transmission is nice and acceleration from 45-90 is head snapping. Around town it will cruise on battery up to about 38mph. Best gas mileage has been 28.8; usually around 27.9. But it's really built for hugging the road and having fun. It is a head turner.

great ride and is it fast

by from atlanta,GA on December 15, 2006

Have 1000 miles on car. extremly comfortable with great touch screen navigation and audio system. Amazing when driving on the interstate and going 65mph not a sound and the screen shows amazing gas mileage. When you want to pass a car you hit the pedal and it takes of like a rocket all from a hybrid. I am looking very hard to find something wrong with the car. Beware when the sun shines a certain way it is hard to see the navigation screen and fingerprints are visable. Sorry that is the worse that I can find with the car.

Wow - Just love this car.

by from Indianapolis on September 24, 2010

Really can't sum it up any better than that. It's the total package: high-end luxury + awesome performance. The hybrid is just icing on the cake. If you're looking for a sports sedan that offers every imaginable luxury feature in a high-performance package, this is it. Drove the Audi A6 (boring!), and BMW 5-Series (boring and one at every streetcorner!). No comparison. Especially given BMW's inflated price. Still can't my head around rationale for that. Bottom line, the 450h is just a pleasure (and a lot of fun!) to drive. Plus, you're saving a bit of money and a bit of the environment while you're at it. This one will be with me for several years.

Why bother?

by from Chicago, IL on June 26, 2006

Why bother buying a new car, that still uses gas of your grandpa's old Chevy? This new Lexus Hybrid simply proves better than the rest today, and creates the future, but cleaner. I do see the affects of the clean, and reconize that this is just the begining of the Lexus L-Finnesse design philopshy, but it simply marks down what others have not, Gods first miracle in years.

Excellent in every way

by from Chicago on July 2, 2009

When I heard Lexus was making this hybrid I knew it was the right car and right timing for me to try a hybrid. I purchased the Neiman Marcus 07 edition as only 75 made in this this color and option package. I have driven BMW and Mercedes mostly, but quickly acclimated to the Lexus feel and hybrid function. All in all a very nice driving car and well appointed.

Very luxurious, and very good on gas!

by from Stockton, CA on December 3, 2006

This car is very good! Not only I like how it's a hybrid, I like the technology built in it! I would get this vehicle!

ANDREW / BROKER

by from Newport Beach, CA on March 19, 2011

I am a Real Estate Broker so my job is always on a move, and buying this HYBRID makes my life so much better because I get at least 25mpg and the ride is just perfect, at a stop light my car is silent as if the engine is turn off. The car is 5.2 seconds 0-60, very fast, I hardly ever gas the car because its so responsive to my every move. My brother works at Lexus and he said that the hybrid is a very well rounded car, except for the electric battery that is warranty up to 100k miles only. But again, if you want a nice ride and good gas , good handling, don't worry about the electric battery, the cost of battery is around $15,000 , $12,000 for the battery and $3,000 for the services. Still cheaper then to maintain a Bentley gt, which cost around $20,000 for full service.

fastest car I've owned

by from Nashville, TN on January 16, 2012

If a Lexus is in your driveway; then a Lexus Hybrid should be your next car. Lexus has done what no one else can or will do: they created a rocket with the GS450h, that gets 24 mpg city and 26 mpg hwy. Perfromance was #1 objective for this model. Green was #2 Fuel economy was #3. This GS is faster than it's V-8 big brother, yet gets the mileage of an economy car. I recommend this to anyone who has come to know Lexus quality and also want performance unsurpassed.

lexus sports hybrid

by from Georgi on January 30, 2012

Best car that I've ever owned. Sports car speed with luxury car feel. Smooth no shift transmission. Unbelievably great!!

Simply Flawless

by from St. Louis on August 9, 2013

Wife and I absolutely love this car. Flawless fit and finish. Smooth and fast driving. Interior is gorgeous! Don't hesitate.