2009 GS 450h

2009 Lexus GS 450h

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2009 Lexus GS 450h?

Lexus 450h

by Rockaway from Charlotte on Mon Jan 02 2012

I like the car and the price, but I would say to aways go see and test drive before you exchange any money....even the down payment.... It has all the bell and whistles, and when I compare it to other car in it's class, it was a steal

Pulled the trigger B4 the 2013 came out.

by Pastor Gee from Southern California on Mon Aug 13 2012

I bought a Certified car instead of waiting for the 2013 to come out. The new car is reported to get better gas mileage but this car is quicker. One of the reasons I bought it was for the g forces this thing generates. Its hard to resist rolling on the accelerator and going from 0-60 in 5.2 seconds with no loud noises, screeching or gnashing of teeth. Its just silent thrust. There's a rocker switch that firms up the steering and makes the throttle so sensitive that I take my shoes off and drive barefoot. The Mark Levenson sound system only has 330 watts instead of the 850 the new one has but it does just fine. Every car that I get into has an inferior sound system in comparison. I get rides in AMG's and wonder if the people in Stuttgart have ears or do put their hands on the speakers to see if they are on. I keep the suspension system on NORMAL and it does just fine, taking decreasing radius at speed and don't see a difference in MPH compared to the SPORT setting. I do feel the difference and can see the headlights dance on rough roads on the SPORT setting. This is our second Lexus Hybrid, our first was the RXh and I really enjoy the increased power to weight ratio and superb handling. The regenerative braking is seamless and I cannot tell when the engine is on unless I have put the pedal into the floormat. In the final analysis, I like the styling of the new model but could not rationalize the price difference even with the fuel savings and really enjoy the performance.

Creating Amazing

by John Tokio from Limassol on Fri Feb 13 2015

I do retrofit on cars and motorbikes. Since I dismantle and put them together again I know every car in the market. There are brands like the German that they just sell a good name because they made people believe they produce a good product. This isn't the case. there are many honest people out there who will tell you how many problems they have with their Mercs BMW and Audi after owing them more than 2-3 years. With Lexus you get exactly what the brochure say! No less and is trouble free, this is important. The 450h is fast and furious very comfortable loaded with anything you like to have. the only problem you may have is the boot space of an average hatchback like a Mazda3. this car travels on batteries in total silence.