2013 GX 460

2013 Lexus GX 460

2013 Lexus GX 460

Have You Driven the 2013 Lexus GX 460?

Perfect

by GX girl from Portland,Oregon on Wed May 22 2013

Love the GX!drove a x5, q7'and went with the GX...like a hot knife through butter. Quiet and solid. Comfortable. A little lacking on acceleration, but gets us where we want tobe in class and style!

One Of The Best Suv's Ever Made

by Loanshark from East Longmeadow Ma on Fri Nov 01 2013

I bought a 2013 Lexus Gx 460 brand new, and I also have a 2004 Lexus Gx 470 That now has 185,000 miles on it (and still drives better than a lot of brand new automobiles I have driven in), These suv's, are very reliable, I have had very few issues with my 2004 (and hope for the same with my 2013) I do think that there could be a few improvements in this suv (I would like to see a little more Hp (or a option to get a larger motor and or some more hp out of the 4.6) But the power is ample, Also I do think that my 2004 seemed to take the bumps a little better than my new 2013 does (I do not know why) but I think there should be some improvement there too) Still it is a overall very smooth ride (for a suv this size), The new interior is one of the best I have ever been in, and the comfort is A1 (and I weigh app 290 lbs) and it is not common to find other suv's with a interior and comfort level any way near this one (much better than my 2004) The sound system is great, and the upgrade head lights are a must, (so much better than my 04) the lights are crystal clear, and even shine and light up the side walk on both the right and left side as you drive (worth the extra money as a upgrade) There are bigger suv's on the road, and a lot faster ones too, but as a total package, i fell the lexus gx is one of the best suv's ever made (maybe even the best) They do coast more then many others you can buy, but last 3 times as long, and once you own one you will never want to buy anything else, I have read many mixed reviews on this suv, and if the biggest problem with this suv is that the tires are not real off road tires then spend another (800.00) for the proper tires, and you will still be saving over $8000.00 from simular suv's in the class of this one (and my tires are fine on mine "top of the line Michlums", and as I am on the street a lot more than I am ever off road anaway (I would not want any other tires) The tires on my 2013 are perfect for street or off road, and you would be hard pressed to find a better or more reliable suv than this one anywhere!!!

Perfect size for family and fishing

by Big Red from Green Bay, WI on Fri Feb 24 2017

Really a joy to drive, great on the highway and off-road. The 3 row seating and towing capacity are my favorites of the many positives. This is my second GX, like it better than the first.

Love it!

by Jajopo from Littleton, Colorado on Fri Feb 23 2018

This is a great car. Incredibly reliable and we look forward to having it for many years. Very comfortable interior. Classic yet sporty exterior. We have received many compliments.

Super luxury, performance and reliability!

by mevans937 from Dayton, Ohio on Sat May 13 2017

We bought out 13' Lexus GX 460 Certified with about 35k miles on it and couldn't be happier with our decision to buy. We debated over a new 16' Toyota 4Runner Limited and decided we'd rather the Lexus since it had additional features the Toyota lacked and was actually a grand cheaper. The Lexus Certified program is top notch and we'd not paid for one repair bill yet, and won't for about another 6-month! One thing I would like to mention is this vehicle IS capable of decent fuel mileage, especially considering it's huge. On a road trip we can easily get 22+ MPG, city is usually around 17, not bad! Also, despite the low horse power, it's got surprising get-up if you need to move quickly. For us, the GX is a A+ full-size luxury vehicle that you'd LOVE!

GX 470 vs GX 460

by Vehicle used for work and sports from Indianapolis, IN on Thu Jul 24 2014

Drove a 2004 GX 470 for ten years and ended up with about 446,000 miles on it. Most fabulous vehicle I've owned. It put me thru tough conditions with ease and comfort. No mechanical failures or issue until this year which gave cause for a new vehicle. BTW, this was our 6th Lexus. The GX460 is not designed as a SUV but an urban vehicle, ie., a station wagon. The exterior is nice however, I question the lower height of the frame to get thru things as before. The height adjust is less and leaves little room for any issues when needed. The back door handle is not in the correct spot and overall mfg of this model seems diminished. The back bumper is smaller so as to not allow you resting anything on it. The interior is quite a bit smaller making it NOT a utility vehicle. Poorly laid out in design and function. Padding in arm rests and doors, quite buffering and added features do NOT meet Lexus standards. In the back cargo area, well it's to small to be of value. Fewer compartments to store items than the 470. The mandatory 3rd seats now on Lexus SUV's are useless. Can't be used for children in cars seats nor should be. Too small for teenagers or adults. Second row looses leg room as well. Overall use is GREATLY diminished from the 470. The front area is very poorly laid out. No place to rest anything such as cell phones, IPAD or other objects. This Priemium model has four toggle switches that are easily moved unintentionally next to the shift. The dashboard lay out gives cause to look down rather than across loosing focus in driving conditions and any doesn't give all useful information. Only one adaptor in the whole vehicle for plug ins which also doesn't allow closeure of the slide top of the compartment. Front driver leg room is small giving cause to rest your leg against the center council. Even the glove box was made smaller whereas all the manuals do not fit if you want to include a flashlight and anything else. With 3,000 miles into it -the ride is no where near as comfortable or noise canceling even after 10 yrs in the 470. Lexus missed the mark on this model , I surely won't have this model very long nor intend to look at a Lexus URBAN VEHICLE in the future unless these change.

Does not recommend this car!!

Unsafe tires

by vegas from las vegas, nv on Mon Nov 05 2012

I purchased this vehicle a month ago and traded in a 2006 GX. This new off road suv does not come equipped with off road tires. The tires that came on it are not meant for off road use and are not safe to drive on primitive roads. It is a shame that Lexus does not seem to care about the safety of its customers. If you buy one and plan to go off road, make sure it is properly equipped with good off road tires.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Does not recommend this car!!

I love my car!

by Malisa from Okc, ok on Fri Mar 16 2018

This was a great year for this model! There isn’t a big difference between the 13 and 14 and I was able to get the premium of my year for the same price as the 14 base. Love love love my car!

Just the right size with Excellent comfort.

by CJ from Dora on Mon May 15 2017

Really cant beat the Lexus brand and quality! We have owned 3-4 Toyota Lexus vehicles over the past 10 years and have one still today. They just work and work well!

My third Lexus, more to follow because.......

by Marine Green from ORANGE BEACH, AL on Wed May 17 2017

the quality workmanship and design insure a long lasting maintenance free vehicle. Safety features give the driver confidence that he will arrive at his or her destination in one piece and Comfort Items provide a relaxing environment while on the way.

1 2

Our Take on the 2013 Lexus GX 460

The 2013 Lexus GX 460 is a behemoth to drive, but the Premium trim I drove had a few redeeming qualities, specifically space and upscale extras including a heated steering wheel and power-folding third row.

I recently embarked on a rare solo weekend outing featuring a quaint and quiet bistro lunch followed by an unhurried trip to the bookstore. I started out in the 2013 Lexus GX 460 hoping for some driving Zen — but bumbling through my neighborhood in this trucky SUV put a wrench in the qi of my alone time, so I turned around and ditched the Lexus for my own car.

The GX 460 hasn't evolved much since the 2012 model year; see the two compared side-by-side here. If you're in the market for a... Read More