2006 Lexus GX 470 consumer reviews

side view of 2006 GX 470 Lexus
Explore the 2006 Lexus GX 470
Shop the 2006 Lexus GX 470

LEXUS

LEXUS GX 470 / V8/4.7/ 2006 YEAR/DVD, GPS, sunroof, CD, heated seats, climate control 7/ ALL SYSTEM WORKING PERFECT,THERE ARE NO IEAKS AND UNNECESSARY SOUNDS!!!

Very reliable and strong!

These SUVs are a rare breed - body on frame construction with all the comfort of a crossover. Only drawback is the 18-21 MPG, but to be expected.

Most reliable car I've owned

Best Lexus trucks , like a rock Reliablity! And luxury comfort. Would always buy lexus after lexus. Stay away from German machinery which ends in a money pit

Great long term investment

by far the most reliable and safest car out there. I drove it in every condition, and car proved itself in every single time. Whether you are looking for a family car or car that can take you anywhere including true offroading, this truck can handle it.

Lexus/Toyota Has Done it Right!

If you've never driven a body on frame truck(SUV) like me, it's time to change. It's a fun vehicle to drive! Lexus/Toyota has it mastered!

Reliable and Dependable

Smooth, comfy, roomy, dependable and much more. The most reliable car I ever owned. The best in its class. you will not be disappointed at all

4.3

Gas guzzler

Drives heavy like a truck, not like a crossover. Climbs a steep dirt hill with ease. Really built for off roading but because of its pedigree (Lexus) no one takes them off road. Classy interior if that’s your thing. Smooth v8 but...it guzzles gas. I think these older 470’s are perfect for some one who wants a weekend off roader. The price is tight and they’re indestructible. If you can’t find an old land cruiser or just want same thing but a tad smaller, this is it.

Does anything compare to the GX470?

A few weeks ago my GX turned over 400k miles. I’m now in the market for a replacement and am concerned I may not find a comparable vehicle. Please help! I drive 100 miles/day+ and value the safety of size, power & acceleration, a quiet interior, accurate handling, carry capacity and reliability. I’ve had all of these for years with this GX. It’s carried bags of cement, sprinkler pipe, soccer kids and it’s been to gala’s. Works hard and looks great! Haven’t had any engine or transmission problems ever! Just regular maintanence and oil changes. 2 negatives - uses premium gas (which is hitting $5/gal. now in SoCal) and I’m Not wild about the sound system. I still think there’s another 100k miles left, but I’m ready to move on. Any ideas?

Great car!

This car is amazing! My wife likes it so much that she is having a hard time adapting to other SUVs, even top stuff like Land Rover. This car beats all of them!

This thing is a tank.

If you're looking for a 4x4 vehicle, consider this one. It is really built like a tank, heavy duty frame, great engine, fit and finish. Mine is 12 years old and honestly it still drives like new even though it has 100k miles on it. These will last easily 300k miles or more with little maintenance. Comfortable ride, good acceleration, braking, great in snow or towing trailers. Would I buy one again? In a heartbeat, great SUV. The couple of drawbacks: 1. Timing belt replacements every 100K miles can be expensive - $1000 2. It uses premium gas, 15/19, city/hwy.