Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2017 IS 200t

2017 Lexus IS 200t

2017 Lexus IS 200t

Have You Driven the 2017 Lexus IS 200t?

Finally, a Lexus

by Lillie53 from Dallas, TX on Mon Mar 13 2017

Just once I wanted a luxury car. So I researched and decided upon Lexus based on reliability, repair cost, economy, features, price, etc. It is a nice ride, no doubt about it. Quiet and smooth. Lots of nice extras like lane assist, auto headlights, sound system, etc. But this model is probably better for someone younger. The console is HUGE and takes up most of the front area and is poorly designed. Cup holders are precisely where the passenger would place their arm if there was actually an arm rest there. So cups are constantly being hit by elbows. No sunglass holder (even my Honda had that), no small cubbies to place a piece of paper or an item you might just toss into a space for convenience. Easily could have been designed with little areas for small stuff to make use of dead space under the gigantic console. There are many conveniences and it is a nice ride but overall, I wish I would have chosen a different model.

Love my new Lexus!!!

by Dani Goodman from Miami, FL on Tue Aug 08 2017

I am extremely impressed with my new Lexus. I've been driving a Volvo for the past 9 years. I finally decided to take a friend's advice and test drive a Lexus. I'm really glad that I did.

First automatic in more than 30 years

by Kjente from California on Wed Jul 05 2017

I totally love this car with the exception of 2 things- no fog lights, cup holders- oh, and no mudflaps available.. Unlike some one else I'm not sure where else a cup holder would go. I've driven cars with a manual transmission for more than thirty years. I like that control of the engine. I was skeptical but the 8 speed automatic in this car responds just great for me. I gave the paddle shifter option if I feel I need it. I'm averaging over 28 mpg. It turns on a dime. I find it responsive for the driving I do. I love the sound system. I've driven the car for 6 months and over 10000 miles at this point and not looking back.

Definitely a December to remember!

by Jessdelgado from Miami, FL on Wed Jan 03 2018

My Lexus IS 200t rides like a dream. The turbocharged engine makes the car run powerful and smooth. It gives you the option to drive on ECO mode, Normal mode, and Sports mode. Depending how late I'm running to work, I can quickly switch the dial from ECO mode into sport mode, which is quit the treat. I appreciate all the intelligent technology and safety features that are installed into the car. Including, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, land departure warning, forward collision warning, and the backup camera with trajectory guidelines. The interior of the car is memorizing, with its sporty dashboard and soft red and black leather seats. The seats come with an option to heat or cool down with ventilation. Although it's a bit compact, it can fit up to 5 people comfortably and comes with a large trunk space. With enough room to fit all your groceries and more. The exterior is just as elegant as the inside. The front design is classy with the Lexus infamous spindle grille and lights. Lexus has really outdone themselves with this IS model. It is very reliable and worth every penny. I highly recommend this elegant car to others!

Sharp Blue Sedan

by Jimbo on Tue May 01 2018

Looks and runs great. Good mileage and plenty of power when you need it. Great for fun or commuting around town. Runs well on the highway.

Amazing Car

by Nurseangela from NORTHRIDGE, CA on Mon May 08 2017

My Lexus IS 200 turbo is beautiful, sporty, luxurious, and powerful. It handles super great, making it a very safe car to drive. It also gets 24 mpg, so it's very economical too.

It's a joy to drive!

by IS200TGuy from Coconut creek on Wed Sep 27 2017

It's an experience, a wonderful one. My intentions were never to get a new car but, out of all the prior experiences I've had, not an ounce of buyers remorse.

Best Graduation Present!

by Katy on Mon Apr 16 2018

My parents got me the 2017 Lexus IS200t as a graduation present and I absolutely love it. It has a red interior but, unlike other cars, it's a dark and classy red so the car still looks very luxurious. It has 2 USB ports which is great because me and a friend are able to charge our phones at the same time. The car has bucket seats which makes it very comfortable. Compared to the other cars I test drove, this had the smoothest and quietest ride. One reason we went with Lexus is because I have had an older one before and we've seen first hand how reliable they are. All in all I am extremely happy with this car and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new car!

Great daily driver, luxurious and reliable!

by Zooby from Sacramento, CA on Sat Jun 09 2018

I own a 2017 F-sport Lexus is200t. This car is great. The perfect sport sedan that gives you alot in such a mid size car package. The only complaint I have is I wish they used a larger turbo, there is a slight turbo lag but then again this is not a sport / race car.

My 3rd Lexus. These cars are very reliable.

by Ingrid from Arcadia, Ca on Thu Dec 14 2017

This is a great reliable beautiful powerful fun to drive comfortable car. I’ve had the car for a month and have made 2 trips with decent gas mileage up the 5 doing between 70 and 80 miles per hour. The ride was very smooth.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2017 Lexus IS 200t

The verdict:

A weak drivetrain and frustrating controls were two big reasons the 2017 Lexus IS 200t finished last in our recent test of luxury sports sedans, but stepping up to the V-6-powered IS 350 doesn't completely solve the problem.

Versus the competition:

While the IS looks the part of a luxury sports sedan thanks to aggressive exterior bodywork, its driving experience comes up short in a class that now, more than ever, is filled with fun-to-drive cars.

The IS comes in three flavors, each with a different drivetrain. The base IS 200t is powered by a 241-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, while the mid-level IS 300 gets a 255-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 and the top IS 350 uses a 306-hp, 3.5-liter V-6. The IS 200t and IS 350 have standard rear-wheel drive and eight-speed automatic transmissions. All-wheel drive is standard on the IS 300 and optional on the IS 350; if you choose AWD, the eight-speed transmission is replaced with a six-speed automatic. Compare these cars' specs here.

We drove an IS 200t with an as-tested price of $47,523 (including a $975 destination charge) and a rear-wheel-drive IS 350 with an as-tested price... Read More