2006 Lexus Is 250

Love This Car

by from Manassas Park, VA on September 1, 2011

Its a fun car to drive, love everything about it except: brake dust on the rims and the acceleration isn't as good as I think it should be, but other than that, get compliments all the time, and the look of it never gets old!

My Little Lexus

by from California on March 5, 2012

I've owned my Lexus IS250 for over 5 years and it still feels and performs like a new car. It has everything I could ask for: navigation system, great radio/stereo/DVD player with great speakers, Bluetooth, heated/cooled seats, heater/AC in front and back, back-up camera, and beautiful upholstry. I love this car because it's an excellent value, and has maintained that value. It's an outstanding car for driving fast - good pick-up and holds the road very well. It's great driving fast through turns (not that we do that, right?). Others in my family are waiting for me to get a new car so they can have this one, but I can't find another car I like as well!

Best car I've ever driven & owned!

by from La Mirada, CA on August 4, 2016

I love everything about my '06 IS250, except for two things: (1) the front tires keep accumulating dirty-looking brake dusts perhaps because of poor quality brake pads from the factory & manufacturer that Toyota sells, and (2) the steadily getting grainier & grainier rear view mirror that should have been recalled from the time of the initial complaints about it in June 2008. Other than that, I will keep saying it's the best car from the Lexus and/or Toyota line!

Best car I've owned

by from Chicago, IL on February 22, 2013

Not a bad price for a 2006, very reliable, very comfortable and roomy. It feels and looks like a brand new car. It drives very nicely as well. This is the best car ive had yet. It makes me want to stay with lexus.

Awesome sports car with an unbeatable MPG

by from Atlanta, GA on October 31, 2011

love this car, great ride , unbeatable MPG and the legendary Lexus feel.Have to fight the wife to drive it, my other car is an LS460L .

Great reliable car!!!

by from CT on January 27, 2015

I have owned the IS 250 for past 4 years and I can tell this is the most reliable car I have ever owned!! I have keep changing my oil (full synthetic) every 5k miles, filters, brakes etc. the car is good on gas. The only cons i have is limited room for the passengers on the back - that's it!!

awsome car

by from milwaukee on November 14, 2011

I absolutely love this car. It is so sleek looking and very reliable. Everything about this car is great. Very comfortable and smooth ride.

A well preserved dream to ride in and drive.

by from Denver, CO on May 3, 2017

This is my second Lexus, its qualities of comfort, mechanical response and economy of operation, while different, the SC300 more nimble, the iS250 more secure in weather, are equally high. Attention to driver responsibilities of maintenance are important in high end purchases, as they are always expensive to repair to standard. This is a really good car.

My car

by from Garland TX on April 3, 2017

Love this car. It is fancy, stylish and fun to drive. It is worth every penny I pad for it!! Plan on getting the 450 h next.

best bang for the buck

by from Los Angeles, CA on February 7, 2011

I bought my Lexus IS250 as a CPO car with 24,000 miles on it. Lexus' CPO cars come with a 100,000 mile warranty which means I get 76,000 miles worth of warranty versus a new IS which only gets 50,000 miles of warranty. Not that I think I will ever need it but you never know. Most of the negative reviews from automotive magazines are right. The ride is jittery and it is certainly not comfortable. If you are over 6' tall, forget about it. I am 5' 11" and I barely fit in the darn thing. The backseat is for children only. The leather seats scratch easily. Be prepared to spend hours vacuuming lint from the vents in your seats (if you have heated/ventilated seats). Why should you buy the IS? Because of the silky smooth power delivery from the 6 speed transmission. There is plenty of torque from the V6 engine. It gets an average of 27 mpg in combined city and highway driving, even if you have a lead foot like me. The wheels grip and allows you to feel the G's when you negotiate corners. The IS gives you an exhilarating ride! The exterior and interior "L-finesse" styling is simply stunning. The backup camera is the clearest of any car out there. The navigation interface is user friendly, unlike iDrive and all the other types out there. The '06-'08 IS line should be on every used car buyer's shopping list.

Similar Models