Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 IS 250

2009 Lexus IS 250

2009 Lexus IS 250

Have You Driven the 2009 Lexus IS 250?

Well worth the money

by Pastime from Wisconsin on Tue Apr 27 2010

We bought our new is250 AWD 2 months ago and have racked up 4200 miles already. Ours is an AWD with Nav, luxury package, etc. - everything except Levinson audio and park assist, I think. Hands-down this is the best/nicest car we've ever owned, and I've owned over 25 vehicles. My wife routinely gets 29-31 MPG on the highway and rides in style and luxury the whole way. I only get to drive it for evening errands and on the weekends, and I love it, too. Fit and finish are superb, with much attention to detail. The heat/cool function on the seats is awesome. The Nav is a bit complicated, but loaded with features. Did not come with USB, but I hear the 2010's do. Wish I had the park assist as the back-up camera is nice but deceiving.

Loving my Lex

by Brandywine from Kentucky on Tue Aug 11 2009

This car is amazing!! I have no complaints what-so-ever. From the sporty exterior, to the interior and features, to the overall handling of the car. 5 STARS!! I went from driving a 2007 Chevy Tahoe to the 2009 IS 250 AWD and must admit I was a little hesitant on going back to a car after driving SUVs for 3 years. However, after a 30 minute test drive I was sold. I have now owned my IS for 3 months now and I must say I enjoy driving the Lexas more & more everyday. It is definatly a fun sportscar to drive. Lexas has made me proud.

2009 IS250

by I Love My Lexus!! from Dee of Valley Stream, NY on Sat Dec 26 2009

I have owned so many different makes & models, all of which had problems. After test driving & doing research on all the models that are out there, I finally came to the conclusion that the Lexus IS250AWD which I purchased new with the navigation pckg was by far the best value. The comfort, style & reliability of the car says it all.

MUST BUY

by 09PEARL IS250 from OAKLAND CA on Mon Aug 24 2009

i had a 2007 is 250 then an rx350 and i missed it so much i had to get another one... so i got a 2009 is250.... by far the best car that i have ever owned. reasonably priced and enough power do challenge almost anything... just get one and you will see...

Solid, AWD sporty car with good mileage.

by ChiLex from Chicago on Wed Jul 13 2011

Paid about $31K for a '09 IS 250 AWD with just 5,000 miles in December 2010 - been great since the moment I bought it. It gets good mileage, handles well and the AWD can come in handy in cold, snowy Chicago winters. I mainly drive in the city and get about 20 mpg; on the highway I'll get 27-30. I can't think of a better AWD sedan that gets as good of mileage. Researched a ton and this was easily the best bet. 1 thing - it's a tad small. I'm 6'1 and while I don't feel cramped, I'll still say that it's not super roomy. It's got a very sporty feel, so that means it's a little tighter. Fairly tight in back since I need my seat back a bit. Fine with kids in there, but not so much for 2 adults in back - 1 is fine. Works out a-ok for me though, as it's mainly just me (or + my wife). Trunk is small too. This is all fairly obvious, but still the only thing to think about. Hopefully Lexus will make the ES or LS with AWD and better mileage, yet not hybrid (I don't like how those drive unfortunately). I saw a few comments about a weird rattle - that's the change tray by the steering wheel fools! I had some quarters in there and heard them rattle - figured it out and removed them. So no change tray. Not a big deal. Could have been something else for others, but that's what I encountered in mine. Overall, I love this car. Lexus is top-notch and 7 months later I still look forward to stepping in the car every time I drive it.

Great Car

by Old Guy from Alexandria, VA on Wed Oct 27 2010

I have grown to really like this car. I have owned various Mercedes and Lexus vehicles and find that the quality of the IS250 is high, driving is fun, perhaps not as fun as a Mercedes, and the reliablilty is unbelievable. My only real quarrel is the visibiliy to the rear.

Awesome

by Custom car enthusiast from Inglewood, CA on Mon Sep 12 2011

Awesome car!! Fun to drive wish it had more power. IS350 should be just right. I own a 09 IS250 AWD. Love the car has great potential to do stuff to it to make even better like F-Sport package

I love my Lexus!

by Lexus Lover from Northern Nevada on Mon Dec 12 2011

I purchased a 2009 Lexus IS250 AWD. This is the second lexus I have owned and it appeals to both my practical side and my fun, sassy side! It's the perfect vehicle for living in snow country and still wanting to have a fun, sporty vehicle. I really like that Lexus doesn't alter their body styles every year so I can purchase a used car and not feel outdated. It handles well for climbing mountains and decelerating in bad road conditions using the hand paddles. This is the first sedan I have owned and so far it has been fantastic for me. Using the Cars.com website to research all of the options I was toying with and to finally find the best deal was a big part of my process. The only thing that I think this car lacks is more horsepower but with all of the other benefits, it was an acceptable compromise.

Great car

by Quesfire from bronx, NY on Mon Mar 05 2012

I previously owned a Mercedes C240 that began to fall apart at the end of my 5 year car loan and needed something more reliable but with class. I researched 3 cars Audi, Infiniti and Lexus and the one that fit class, budget and reliablility was Lexus. The IS250 was a nice design just looking at it.I took my girl and she went crazy before we even sat inside the car. Once I sat inside it was a bit compact but I'm 5'7 155 so it didn't bother me at all. From the leather to the navi I was sold, a sporty feel as well as a classy look inside cabin. I still needed a test drive as last phase. The drive was smooth handling was great could of been tighter but I guess Mercedes to Lexus is a different drive. Overall it was a 5 out of 5. Unless you want a bigger cabin and more room this is it.

Its Lexus - really

by Bhutto from Saint Louis on Sun Jul 26 2009

Its just awesome, I testdrove, MB C class, BMW 3 series, Acura and this stood out the best in class, handling is good, its just so pretty from inside and outside and is reliable and am pretty sure durable also. common its LEXUS.

1 2 3