2011 IS 250

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

A quite Convertable - at last

by Ol' Guy from MD on March 27, 2011

Comfortable with top up or down. I am 6'5" tall and 290# - and - I fit just fine. Good performance and gas mileage. Yes, with top down trunk space is limited. Yes, one must learn to use all available car mirrors and warning system when backing. So many unsolicited favorable comments on car's "looks" have been surprising. My last convertable was a 1969 GTO, and before that a 1966 Vet. Finally a quiet, comfortable, and reliable convertable.

Excellent balance of comfort and sport

by Lexus Is Driver from Chicago on April 23, 2015

The IS 250 is a well balanced automobile. It delivers the Lexus essentials (quietness, safety, easy ride, pampering). The stock Pioneer audio system is excellent for most media sources. MP3s, unfortunately, sound trebly and harsh. Reliability should be expected because Lexus has been rated #1 in reliability (by a LARGE margin) for some time. In addition, Lexus produces cars that are very inexpensive to own. A minor annoyance is the use of halogen lights instead of HID.The only major gripe that I can find with this car is the engine power. Though the car doesn't feel slow or under-powered it falls behind its competitors in this segment. Those who NEED 5 second 0-60 acceleration should upgrade to the 350.

IS 250 AWD is awesome

by banker62 from Ashburn, VA on November 1, 2011

Great vehicle if you are more interested in reliability and comfort than in 0-60 performance. The interior is as nice as anything I have ever driven, very quiet, seats provide a lot of support, and the dash is laid out perfectly. Handling is superb and I cant wait for our first good snowstorm to see how the AWD works. Acceleration is not great, but if that is what you are looking for go with the 350. In short, a great vehicle for the price, and I will probably stick with Lexus for my next vehicle as well.

Beautiful on the outside and in....

by Luxury sports car from Clarksville, TN on December 19, 2011

So I'm a 30 year old female and this is my second brand new car purchase. This car is beautiful on the outside and in, of note I got some of the f-sport options without the f sport price. The only complaint I've ever seen of this car is that's it's too small inside but that's actually what I prefer. Small cars give me peace of mind when parking and etc. just a personal preference.

RELIABLE SMALL CAR

by TN Dave from Tennessee on April 15, 2015

Bought my IS base model with 10k miles on it. It has been most reliable with no issues now over 60k mi. The ride is nice with just enough power for city commutes; besides, don't need that much power to compete with 60 mph congested traffic, but ample power for quiet and smooth acceleration all the time. The size of the vehicle is what I like most. It's nimble, reactive and a pleasure to drive. Even with the low profile tires bumps are still handled well. The cabin is very quiet. I love this car!

Comfortable ride

by Lexus fan from Mt. Pleasant, SC on September 5, 2014

Recently bought a Lexus 250 from Baker Motors in Mt. Pleasant, SC. It was the best car purchase experience we've had in over 30 years. The sales rep (Joy Campbell) was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the car and assisted us in every aspect of the buying process. Great dealership, who we'd recommend to our family and friends. We got a super car at a fair price.

Awesome looks

by Davey from Memphis, TN on July 9, 2012

This car is a looker. I wasn't searching for something large. I wanted a smooth, quiet riding vehicle for commuting to work. It's nimble enough to flow with the morning/afternoon rush hour traffic. The handling is very responsive. The feel is solid inside and out.

Love it!

by idrivecarsforstyleandcomfort from Midlothian, VA on July 22, 2014

I traded in a 2012 Acura TL and I love this car. I'm a bit disappointed I did not purchase this car when I was shopping for my Acura. The body style is great (not sure how I feel about the new body style). I don't haul around a lot of people so primarily it's just me in the car and I feel very comfortable. I have an AWD, I drive about 35 miles to work daily one way so with that and leisure drives, I feel like I am often filling up my gas tank. Other than that I am very happy with this car and would recommend to someone who is looking for a small, comfortable, and stylish ride.

Best Car I've Purchased

by PRPRINCESS from Vernon Rockville on March 22, 2017

This is a great reliable car. Although it is a small car, it has excellent performance and especially in the snow and winter months. I have owned this car for about 3 years and never had a problem with it.

A wonderful vehicle

by dannynyc from New York, NY on April 25, 2018

I love this vehicle. Reliability is exceptional. The car's design is quite catching and the interior is remarkably comfortable. I have owned the car for 7 years and have found replacement parts and service to be affordable.

1 2 3