2011 IS 250

2011 Lexus IS 250

2011 Lexus IS 250

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2011 Lexus IS 250?

IS 250 AWD is awesome

by banker62 from Ashburn, VA on Tue Nov 01 2011

Great vehicle if you are more interested in reliability and comfort than in 0-60 performance. The interior is as nice as anything I have ever driven, very quiet, seats provide a lot of support, and the dash is laid out perfectly. Handling is superb and I cant wait for our first good snowstorm to see how the AWD works. Acceleration is not great, but if that is what you are looking for go with the 350. In short, a great vehicle for the price, and I will probably stick with Lexus for my next vehicle as well.

RELIABLE SMALL CAR

by TN Dave from Tennessee on Wed Apr 15 2015

Bought my IS base model with 10k miles on it. It has been most reliable with no issues now over 60k mi. The ride is nice with just enough power for city commutes; besides, don't need that much power to compete with 60 mph congested traffic, but ample power for quiet and smooth acceleration all the time. The size of the vehicle is what I like most. It's nimble, reactive and a pleasure to drive. Even with the low profile tires bumps are still handled well. The cabin is very quiet. I love this car!

Comfortable ride

by Lexus fan from Mt. Pleasant, SC on Fri Sep 05 2014

Recently bought a Lexus 250 from Baker Motors in Mt. Pleasant, SC. It was the best car purchase experience we've had in over 30 years. The sales rep (Joy Campbell) was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the car and assisted us in every aspect of the buying process. Great dealership, who we'd recommend to our family and friends. We got a super car at a fair price.

Love it!

by idrivecarsforstyleandcomfort from Midlothian, VA on Tue Jul 22 2014

I traded in a 2012 Acura TL and I love this car. I'm a bit disappointed I did not purchase this car when I was shopping for my Acura. The body style is great (not sure how I feel about the new body style). I don't haul around a lot of people so primarily it's just me in the car and I feel very comfortable. I have an AWD, I drive about 35 miles to work daily one way so with that and leisure drives, I feel like I am often filling up my gas tank. Other than that I am very happy with this car and would recommend to someone who is looking for a small, comfortable, and stylish ride.

Awesome looks

by Davey from Memphis, TN on Mon Jul 09 2012

This car is a looker. I wasn't searching for something large. I wanted a smooth, quiet riding vehicle for commuting to work. It's nimble enough to flow with the morning/afternoon rush hour traffic. The handling is very responsive. The feel is solid inside and out.

Best Car I've Purchased

by PRPRINCESS from Vernon Rockville on Wed Mar 22 2017

This is a great reliable car. Although it is a small car, it has excellent performance and especially in the snow and winter months. I have owned this car for about 3 years and never had a problem with it.

Seats were too tight

by SamR from Norwalk, CT on Tue May 30 2017

I loved the car but the driver seat was too tight and the car was simply not comfortable driving in traffic. The AWD was fantastic and at 204 HP it had enough power for my liking. The interior of the car was very nice and the car handled like a charm.

Lexus Take on the Sports Sedan

by Joe B from Frisco, TX on Tue Apr 24 2018

Great car for the last 5 years, typical Lexus reliability, surprisingly composed in in-climate weather, standard maintenance without any drama! Could use a little more power (see IS350) but overall a comfortable/sporty car!

A wonderful vehicle

by dannynyc from New York, NY on Wed Apr 25 2018

I love this vehicle. Reliability is exceptional. The car's design is quite catching and the interior is remarkably comfortable. I have owned the car for 7 years and have found replacement parts and service to be affordable.

LOVE IT

by Leo from Oxnard, CA on Sun Mar 06 2011

I recently was the owner of a 2002 Acura RSX. I know it was an upgrade from the other but I researched for a long time on the next car I wanted to be in and drive around. I was torn between, the Lexus IS, BMW 3 series, or an Infiniti G35. After test driving and getting the biggest bang for the buck, while getting a car that will last forever, the Lexus IS was hands down the winner. Starting with the interior, The car is beautiful. Smooth comfortable leather, amazing control panel, and (I have the GPS) so amazing computer screen. Compared to the BMW you have to pay much more to get realy leather vs their leatherette(BLAH) and the Infiniti def was a close tie on the interior but but I wasn't looking for that much space. On the outside the LEXUS IS is even better. The new LED day/night running lights look amazing! Standard 17" rims that look great! BMW comes 15" standard and are so unattractive... Infiniti didnt have great one either unless you purchased thier best model. The ride seems like your riding on air. I do admit I liked the feel of the BMW on the road and the tight steering wheel but I have no complaints on the driving or performance of the IS. I love it and if your looking for a sporty, luxurious, head turner... you found your car!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2011 Lexus IS 250

For more than 10 years, Lexus has presented luxury shoppers an unlikely offering in the IS, a rear-wheel-drive sport sedan from a brand best known for cushy comfort. The gamble worked: The IS drives better than most of its Lexus siblings. It does not, however, get there without a penalty.

While the Lexus IS sedan performs well, it makes drivers give up ride comfort and roominess in ways that its competitors don't.

Lexus restyled a few elements on the IS for 2011, which you can compare with the 2010 model here. The car comes in IS 250 or IS 350 form, representing the size of each one's V-6 engine. Both are also available as a convertible, denoted by "C" in the model name. Compare them here. The lineup's... Read More