2011 Lexus Is 350

Best Car Owned

by from Chicago, IL on November 10, 2010

Just a great car!! I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a luxury vehicle. I live in Chicago,IL and the car handles well.

Sporty

by from Harrisburg, PA on November 24, 2010

This is a great value for the money. Drove and compared it to a BMW 328i, Volvo S60, Audi A4, Mercedes C350 sport. None were as sporty nor handled as well.

Better than my Bimmer

by from Grand Rapids MI on November 2, 2013

I drove a BMW E46 for nine years and loved most everything about it, EXCEPT the staggering repair costs. I chose the IS350 as the closest competitor with better reliability. I was not disappointed. The Lexus is rock-solid and is noticeably faster than the 330ix. A little more luxurious and a little less nimble than the BMW, but overall a fair trade-off The interior is a touch small, but by no means cramped. And my days of $3000 repair bills seem to be over. 5 stars!

Fun Car

by from Ottawa On. on December 24, 2010

This is a fun car. Really enjoy the "triptronic" feature, shifting gears is a breeze. Lots of "get up and go" in this vehicle. With the AWD version, car is super solid on road, holds like glue. Rides like a true sports car, a little stiff, certainly not a boat.

Best car I've ever owned

by from Chicago, IL on January 27, 2014

2011 IS350 AWD. 35K perfect miles. Everything one could want in a car, the performance is outstanding. This thing a beast. One of the best modern engines made. Great low end torque and pulls strong all the way to redline with a smoothness that very few can match, no vibration or harshness. The car handles very nicely with little body roll yet handles bumps and rough roads well. The styling is beautiful yet aggressive without being flashy. I think its one of the best looking cars Lexus ever made. Especially compared to the new body style, yuck. The interior is another high point. High quality soft touch materials, leather ,and wood/metal trim are up to standards you would expect from Lexus. The seats are very comfortable yet supportive and in the summer the cooled seats are a lifesaver, It blows cold air up your sweaty butt!!! The layout of the dashboard is intuitive and the buttons are where you would expect them to be. Smartkey entry and pushbutton start are fantastic. The voice commands are useful while driving however they could be a bit more intuitive and natural. The rear legroom is a little tight for tall people but its fine for most. The 17 mpg city could be a little better but the 30+ highway mpg is fantastic The only problem I've had was a blown fuse for the cigarette lighter. Lexus deserves its reputation for quality and reliability. The AWD has been a lifesaver with these horrible Chicago winters. Truck space is quite good too. Theres a dipstick so can actually check the oil.(are you listening BMW?) Like I said, everything one could want in a car. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Best driving car I have owned

by from Arizona on November 5, 2012

Have owned BMW, Mercedes, and Acura. My Lexus IS350 F-Sport just out does the others. Performance, handling, suspension, acceleration, and most important reliability!!! If you can find one at a good price, do not hesitate on pulling the trigger, you will not be disappointed. Love the rear wheel drive and torque this model offers. Ask anyone who owns a Lexus how many times it has broken down, or spent time in the shop being repaired. Then do the same to a BMW or Mercedes owner, I think you get the picture. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!

Luv My Car

by from Dallas, tX on November 1, 2011

The only concern I have is that the voice system has trouble recognizing my voice; I have read that many of these systems have trouble with recognizing female voices. But other than that...I really love my car. It's sexy and sporty, practical but smooth, drives and accelerates well. Lots of fun to drive. BTW, I wasn't a huge fan of the stiff and bumpy ride on the BMW 328xi I had. The Lex gives me more speed without the jarring ride and difficulty steering. I can go fast and eat my bagel at the same time.

Lexus IS350 F-Sport Lover

by from ARIZONA on October 3, 2012

This vechiile is amazing, the 2011 Lexus IS350 with the F-Sport package, of course. Test drove the Acura, Infiniti, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in the comparable class of vechile. The Lexus has it all: Speed, Torque, Rear Wheel Drive, Handling, and unbelievable interior comfort ans options!!!!! STOP LOOKING, BUY THE IS350 W/ THE F-SPORT PACKAGE AND NAVIGATION!!!!!

All the bells and whistles -50k miles, no Problems

by from Southern California on February 12, 2013

Its nice when a car company thinks of everything. If you get yours loaded (which you should) you'll be surprised how many voice command it knows and how thought through it was designed. If you havent had a newer Lexus, its the simple things like interior LED's that are non intrusive yet light up the interior and center console/floor. The illuminated Lexus door panels, the auto connect to your phone, the smart key entry. I can go on. The car is great. Im kind of a lead foot at time and I average 21.4mpg. On long trips (over 150 miles, doing 80mph I average about 28...thats right 28.To me the 250 was just gutless. Ill take the lower mpg in a 350. I bought the AWD- Handles amazing in heavy rain. Well worth it even though I see no snow. Cons: Small back seat...if this is an issue, get a GS350 not a M3. Its quick, but I prefer the term Sport sedan...its still a sedan feel. I dont have upgraded sound system. Sound is amazing, but I still wish I would have opted for it. Paddle shifting- its okay.... -limited use of Nav and no DVD use while driving. You can still use voice commands however. Not a huge fan of exterior styling. All in all, it is a GREAT car for the price

Lexus IS 350

by from Columbus, ohio on March 29, 2017

Great car to have, I've owned one for two years i put 40,000 miles on it. I would say it is not a family car, but differently a signals car.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Lexus Is 350