2011 IS 350

2011 Lexus IS 350

2011 Lexus IS 350

Have You Driven the 2011 Lexus IS 350?

Better than my Bimmer

by JoeyG from Grand Rapids MI on Sat Nov 02 2013

I drove a BMW E46 for nine years and loved most everything about it, EXCEPT the staggering repair costs. I chose the IS350 as the closest competitor with better reliability. I was not disappointed. The Lexus is rock-solid and is noticeably faster than the 330ix. A little more luxurious and a little less nimble than the BMW, but overall a fair trade-off The interior is a touch small, but by no means cramped. And my days of $3000 repair bills seem to be over. 5 stars!

Best driving car I have owned

by F sport fan from Arizona on Mon Nov 05 2012

Have owned BMW, Mercedes, and Acura. My Lexus IS350 F-Sport just out does the others. Performance, handling, suspension, acceleration, and most important reliability!!! If you can find one at a good price, do not hesitate on pulling the trigger, you will not be disappointed. Love the rear wheel drive and torque this model offers. Ask anyone who owns a Lexus how many times it has broken down, or spent time in the shop being repaired. Then do the same to a BMW or Mercedes owner, I think you get the picture. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!

Best Car Owned

by Lexus Driver from Chicago, IL on Wed Nov 10 2010

Just a great car!! I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a luxury vehicle. I live in Chicago,IL and the car handles well.

Sporty

by Lexie from Harrisburg, PA on Wed Nov 24 2010

This is a great value for the money. Drove and compared it to a BMW 328i, Volvo S60, Audi A4, Mercedes C350 sport. None were as sporty nor handled as well.

Best car I've ever owned

by Gearhead from Chicago, IL on Mon Jan 27 2014

2011 IS350 AWD. 35K perfect miles. Everything one could want in a car, the performance is outstanding. This thing a beast. One of the best modern engines made. Great low end torque and pulls strong all the way to redline with a smoothness that very few can match, no vibration or harshness. The car handles very nicely with little body roll yet handles bumps and rough roads well. The styling is beautiful yet aggressive without being flashy. I think its one of the best looking cars Lexus ever made. Especially compared to the new body style, yuck. The interior is another high point. High quality soft touch materials, leather ,and wood/metal trim are up to standards you would expect from Lexus. The seats are very comfortable yet supportive and in the summer the cooled seats are a lifesaver, It blows cold air up your sweaty butt!!! The layout of the dashboard is intuitive and the buttons are where you would expect them to be. Smartkey entry and pushbutton start are fantastic. The voice commands are useful while driving however they could be a bit more intuitive and natural. The rear legroom is a little tight for tall people but its fine for most. The 17 mpg city could be a little better but the 30+ highway mpg is fantastic The only problem I've had was a blown fuse for the cigarette lighter. Lexus deserves its reputation for quality and reliability. The AWD has been a lifesaver with these horrible Chicago winters. Truck space is quite good too. Theres a dipstick so can actually check the oil.(are you listening BMW?) Like I said, everything one could want in a car. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Fun Car

by Mate from Ottawa On. on Fri Dec 24 2010

This is a fun car. Really enjoy the "triptronic" feature, shifting gears is a breeze. Lots of "get up and go" in this vehicle. With the AWD version, car is super solid on road, holds like glue. Rides like a true sports car, a little stiff, certainly not a boat.

Luv My Car

by luv my car from Dallas, tX on Tue Nov 01 2011

The only concern I have is that the voice system has trouble recognizing my voice; I have read that many of these systems have trouble with recognizing female voices. But other than that...I really love my car. It's sexy and sporty, practical but smooth, drives and accelerates well. Lots of fun to drive. BTW, I wasn't a huge fan of the stiff and bumpy ride on the BMW 328xi I had. The Lex gives me more speed without the jarring ride and difficulty steering. I can go fast and eat my bagel at the same time.

All the bells and whistles -50k miles, no Problems

by Bmw man from Southern California on Tue Feb 12 2013

Its nice when a car company thinks of everything. If you get yours loaded (which you should) you'll be surprised how many voice command it knows and how thought through it was designed. If you havent had a newer Lexus, its the simple things like interior LED's that are non intrusive yet light up the interior and center console/floor. The illuminated Lexus door panels, the auto connect to your phone, the smart key entry. I can go on. The car is great. Im kind of a lead foot at time and I average 21.4mpg. On long trips (over 150 miles, doing 80mph I average about 28...thats right 28.To me the 250 was just gutless. Ill take the lower mpg in a 350. I bought the AWD- Handles amazing in heavy rain. Well worth it even though I see no snow. Cons: Small back seat...if this is an issue, get a GS350 not a M3. Its quick, but I prefer the term Sport sedan...its still a sedan feel. I dont have upgraded sound system. Sound is amazing, but I still wish I would have opted for it. Paddle shifting- its okay.... -limited use of Nav and no DVD use while driving. You can still use voice commands however. Not a huge fan of exterior styling. All in all, it is a GREAT car for the price

Lexus IS350 F-Sport Lover

by Lexus IS350 F-Sport Lover from ARIZONA on Wed Oct 03 2012

This vechiile is amazing, the 2011 Lexus IS350 with the F-Sport package, of course. Test drove the Acura, Infiniti, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in the comparable class of vechile. The Lexus has it all: Speed, Torque, Rear Wheel Drive, Handling, and unbelievable interior comfort ans options!!!!! STOP LOOKING, BUY THE IS350 W/ THE F-SPORT PACKAGE AND NAVIGATION!!!!!

GREAT USED CAR CHOICE LEXUS VS BMW

by IS350-or-330i from FLORIDA on Tue May 15 2018

Even though I am yet to own one, I have driven several. I have a 2001 BMW 330i manual that I keep in showroom condition. My mother has a 2001 330i automatic as her daily driver. Both are fast and powerful. The IS350 is the next best thing. I also have a 2000 528i as my daily driver, so as you may guess, I really like BMWs. It beats the Lexus in interior design, handling and long distance comfort. My BMWs are so good that I no long carry extended warranty. I have extra repairs on my 528i about every 4 years or so, so it evens out. Lexus, as with other Japanese cars don't seem to understand the value of interior lighting and at night it is just lacking. I would add lights up under the dash. The BMW has tiny orange 'pin' lights pointing down from the roof that give the whole interior and your skin a beautiful orange glow that does not affect your night vision. That is something Lexus forgot to copy. The IS350 has a firm ride that is not as subtle as the BMW. Acceleration of the IS350 is a full second quicker . It should be: Lexus has 3.5L, while BMW has 3.0L. Both have nice exterior styling. Both have good, stiff chasis. BMW power windows need service every 4-5 years. The A/C fan in the 330i is louder on hot days. The Lexus also has optional ventilated front seats. BMW is as happy at 60 mph as it is at 120 mph. I would imagine the same goes for the Lexus . Both the 330i and the IS350 could use more sound insulation, especially in the doors and wheel wells. About six years ago, I replaced the A/C system in my BMW 528i for about $850 which is $500 LESS than it cost to replace in my Honda Civic . They are very good but neither is perfect. Choosing a used car is an art ; open your eyes and ears.

1 2

Our Take on the 2011 Lexus IS 350

For more than 10 years, Lexus has presented luxury shoppers an unlikely offering in the IS, a rear-wheel-drive sport sedan from a brand best known for cushy comfort. The gamble worked: The IS drives better than most of its Lexus siblings. It does not, however, get there without a penalty.

While the Lexus IS sedan performs well, it makes drivers give up ride comfort and roominess in ways that its competitors don't.

Lexus restyled a few elements on the IS for 2011, which you can compare with the 2010 model here. The car comes in IS 250 or IS 350 form, representing the size of each one's V-6 engine. Both are also available as a convertible, denoted by "C" in the model name. Compare them here. The lineup's... Read More