2018 LC 500

2018 Lexus LC 500

2018 Lexus LC 500

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2018 Lexus LC 500?

first hardtop

by batman from Pittsburgh, pa on Tue Dec 05 2017

for 30 years I have been driving high end convertibles. coming out of a hotel last month there it was, red and rocket. I was thinking about getting rid of my 435i and, instantly I knew that this would be a first for me. next day visited a dealer in west palm, looked and learned, came home shopped and found a low milage one just traded in about 5 hours from my home. next day, the deal was made and I brought it home. at first I was scared, literally, as it was so powerful and the sounds coming out of the vehicle where the kinds of things you hear when watching a nascar race. now a month later, we are friends, every single thing about this vehicle is a 10+. frankly, its the response of the people in the other vehicles around me that has been tough to understand. everyone wants to pass me. everyone want to stay just along side of me to get a good look. some feel it necessary to be a foot from my rear bumper. I have gotten, and this I don't get the thumbs up from dozens of total strangers. all and all, if you are looking for a mid life crisis car, forget the astin, forget the series 9 forget the s550. nothing turns heads like this car. period!

A flagship Lexus coupe that turns heads!

by mscha1963 from Delafield, WI on Wed Oct 04 2017

Love this top of the line flagship coupe from Lexus - futuristic, beautiful / stunning design inside and out, terrific ride quality and acceleration, a 471 HP V-8 engine (!) and 10 speed transmission - the perfect fun car for me and my family. Have gotten a bunch of compliments already from strangers during the first few days of owning it.

Concept design made a reality

by Average_Joe from Toronto,ON on Thu Jan 04 2018

The craftsmanship of this vehicle is evident inside and out. Lexus could easily have asked for another $50k and still would be a bargain. The LC is not about raw power; it’s about accessible performance by an average Joe. It blibs the engine on down shifts making one looks more capable than one really is. The sound of the big V8 is intoxicating, leading one to hold lover gears unnecessarily. In terms of looks, it has everyone else beat. A. M DB11 may be a close second (>$200K)

LC 500 continues to surprise

by Suntzu from Marina del Rey on Thu Jan 04 2018

It is an interesting car on many levels. One thing that surprises me is how people comment on it all the time. I like its looks and how it works more. It is really different than my M4 in how it applies power and torque but it really is a fast car and is fun to drive - both in a sport setting and manual mode - which continues to surprise me...the interior nuances and technology also continues to surprise. They really thought through a lot of small things that turn out to be surprisingly neat features. For example I just discovered how cool the phone feature is yesterday. The only slight downside comment is how quick I can kick that the back end loose and it wants to come around rather easily and that takes a bit of adjustment after the M4. Great car by all my measures.

Incredible beauty & power!

by Nothing but sports cars from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Aug 19 2017

CLEARLY, if you've driven this car anything I say you already know. I fell in LOVE with this stunning automobile at the recent LA Auto Show; I was lucky enough to sit in it. I brought my 2015 Lexus 350 F Sport in for it's regularly scheduled maintenance, and an LC 500 was in the service lobby entrance. In all it's glory, just sitting there WAITING to be driven, I scheduled a test drive with my local dealership. There are NOT enough words in the English language to describe the exhilarating, heart pounding, exciting, incredible experience I had driving this beautiful machine. I pushed the ignition button, allowing the engine to warm up properly. Thankfully the dealership is on a wide boulevard, where I could open the car up. I was a little concerned about having too much fun, and being too aggressive; how could you not with this amount of power in your hands. The LC 500 corners like it's on rails. Your foot barely needs to touch the gas pedal, and this powerhouse just takes off. The sounds from the engine are intoxicating, wanting you to push the car harder and faster. The interior is what you would expect from Lexus, clean, linear, fresh and avant guard. Sporty yet stylish, the interior is perfection. The seats wrap your body in comfort and safety. The back seats are perfect for small framed people, but would not have them sit there for a long distance ride. This car was built for 1 or 2 people, giving them maximum driving pleasure and performance. I cannot say enough good things about this vehicle. I would definitely consider it for my next sports car.

The most fun and luxury for 100K

by Russ Bowman from Phoenixville, PA on Fri Jul 21 2017

I've had every exotic imaginable along with all the hassles of ownership. This car is as much fun and the styling is equal to my Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari and Astons. Best value for the money, no worries about quirks and the service costs are much less than my mortgage.

High end sports car

by Marty and Bob, LC500 fans from Sequim, WA. on Wed Jan 24 2018

High end sports car. Great comfort and great power. Handles well. The 2018 LC500 is one of the best Lexus products we have purchased. I still love my 2016 RX430 for all driving needs but the LC is a new experience. We love it.

LC 500

by Lexus Owner from Seattle on Wed Feb 14 2018

Very classy looking. Not able to test drive it, the dealer was restrictive about allowing test drives. Great lines and interior. Back seat is really non-existent. Lots of room in the front. Big trunk. I like it.

LC 500

by Peter?s review from Rancho Mirage california on Wed Dec 20 2017

Only one thing upsets me about this car. NO CONVERTIBLE !!!!! Love to buy one when it?s available as a convertible. How long should this txt be ? I?ve explained the experience and rated the vehicle and you did not indicate a length required prior to my agreement. The length requirement for the review seems arbitrary and unnecessary.

out of 5 starsReliability

Very reliable

by Aritds on Wed Jun 20 2018

Nice car well built a little too pricey. The interior is beautiful nicely sculptured in and out. Engine is powerful with a beautiful exhaust note.

1 2

Our Take on the 2018 Lexus LC 500

The verdict:

The LC 500 puts form over function, excelling as a touring car rather than a sports car.

Versus the competition:

Others go faster and drive better, but nothing in the luxury field turns heads like the LC 500.

I didn't think I was superficial; I prefer a car that drives well and looks unexceptional over the opposite. But then I met the new 2018 Lexus LC 500, and I began to question a few things.

The Lexus LC 500 isn't a sports car. It's heavy, doesn't steer all that well and has a happy back end that gets twitchy when you push it. But it's absolutely fantastic as a grand tourer — quiet, with a big engine and a well-appointed interior. In fact, I can't think of another car I'd rather take a road trip in (provided I could fit all my luggage in the tiny coupe trunk). But none of that really matters because, I mean, look at it.

Now look again. I'll wait.

The LC 500 competes against luxury sports/touring cars... Read More