1992 Lexus Ls 400

These cars don't break, don't lose value!

by from Manchester, NH on August 14, 2007

My second LS400, 270000 miles and STILL RUNNING STRONG! (I drove my first one (1991 model year) to 340,000 miles and still sold it for $3000 4 years later!). In short, best car ever built. Traditional-looking luxury 4-door sedans may not be everyone's cup of tea, but what a great car, even if you're just looking for a plain-old dependable used car. The first one I bought by chance, and since then I've never looked back. It looks like a million bucks, rides like a brand-new one, and short of the occasional regular maintenance, I've had only VERY minor unscheduled fixes, and the overall maintenance cost is less than what most people pay to maintain a 4 or 5 year old car. The suspension is soft and cushy, but somehow the car handles like a BMW in the twisty-turnies, and the ride is so quiet that your ears will hurt when you get into another car and get on the highway! And it's a pleasure to drive all-year-round, in all 4 seasons. Only drawback is driving on snow/ice, but with traction control and at least rear snow tires, it's very manageable.

I would buy another one

by from San Jose Ca on December 31, 2007

Very safe and solid vehicle. Feels like you are riding in a Mercedes or BMW . This is best car I have ever owned.

Best Car

by from South Glastonbury, CT. on December 3, 2011

I have owned this LS400, 1992 since 1994, it was a corporate lease return with 30K miles on it. I have had no out of the ordinary repairs during the 87K miles that it has now. One of three cars, I usually drive it for longer drives, because it is so quiet inside. It has such a silky drive that even at the end of a 500+ miles drive one does not feel fatigued. I am sure that the later models are still better, although I do not know how can you improve perfection. I wish such perfection in American auto industry.

Best Sedan on the market since 1990

by from Alexandria, IN on December 7, 2008

I've owned 2 '92 LS400s since 1995; I've put 570,000 miles on them combined. Recently I changed the plugs and plug wires in my 2nd one. Gunking the engine caused the moisture in the back 4 plugs or I don't believe I'd have had to change either. The '92 4 liter motor is the last non-interference motor that Lexus made (ie. if the serpentine belt breaks the machine just coasts to a stop. The belt costs very little, but the labor to install is salty. I've never changed one in half a million miles, but with an interference type motor...........if it breaks you've got an expensive valve job. I will keep driving '92 LS's until there are NONE LEFT.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from GAry,IN on July 2, 2009

I've never had a problem with my LS400 for 13 years. nice car,sell fast, luxurious,cool, hold your money

Rated one of the 5 best cars ever built

by from Nevada on May 5, 2011

Best car I've ever owned. Excellent ride, comfort, performance. Excellent reliability and Economical.

Similar Models