1995 LS 400

1995 Lexus LS 400

1995 Lexus LS 400

Have You Driven the 1995 Lexus LS 400?

1st Time Lexus Owner - Never drive anything else!

by Lexus Lover Forever from Kansas on Tue Dec 30 2008

The LS4oo was my first experience with a Lexus vehicle, and only vehicle I will drive in the future! Handling, ride, and performance are absolutely awesome! For a large luxury sedan to average 24-25 mpg on the highway is fantastic!Other than normal routine maintenance, this car has been completely trouble free. You will more than save the extra $$ spent on these cars in maintenance savings, plus gain all the benefits of a luxury automobile!

"Definately the most reliable car I have owned"

by Skip from Healthcare Professional in Encino Ca on Sat Aug 19 2006

I have owned Jaguars & Volvos and currently have a newer S Class Mercedes. Having bought the Mercedes to have a different car to keep my wife happy, I feel I may have made a mistake in some areas. The Mercedes is a fine Automobile, but rides harder. The overall performance, comfort, and satisfaction, makes me still want to drive the Lexus. Also, not costly to maintain and gets good milage as compared to our Luxury cars What's done is done and someone will definately get a great car. Where we noramlly keep cars 7-10 years, I was in no hurry to change from the Lexus.I feel that in a few years I will return to a Lexus as our family car.

Love It

by LexusGal from Florida on Thu Sep 19 2013

My mom and stepdad bought the car (1995 Lexus LS400) new, and I acquired it in 2001. It has 150K on it. I've never loved a car like I love this one. It's been kept up and has been great. New starter, new battery 2x, timing belt, brakes, but no new major parts needed. My mechanic says it should go at least another 150K. He said the interiors of the comparable Mercedes and BMWs fall apart with this kind of age, but the Lexus interiors don't. And that's true. Used to live in California and when driving the Grapevine pass from SF to LA my prior cars (Plymouth, Olds 98) all used to struggle. But the first time I drove it in this, I was like, "That was the Grapevine? That was it?" One time I had to brake as hard as I could and swerve violently to avoid a collision, and the ABS worked great and although the rear end slid, as soon as I let up on the brake it lurched back on track. As a tall woman, I find the driver's headroom a little low. But I'll never give up this car.

Cheap affordable luxury....AND reliable!

by bucka from Illinois on Tue Nov 01 2011

I bought mine used with 109K and I now have 179k and nothing major has gone wrong. Car is quiet and comfortable and I have gotten as much as 27 mpg on long highway stints. LOVE IT!

Best car on the road today.

by Lucky from Dublin, Ca on Fri Jun 01 2007

I have a 94 as well as a 95 Ls400. My 95 however gets great gas mileage. I commute (78 miles roundtrip) with an avg. speed of 75 to 80 mph and I'm still getting over 23 miles to the gallon. I can go 440 miles a tank before filling up again. The most reliable vehicle out there as well. I have 183k miles on my 95 with original motor and tranny and the car runs like it's brand new. My friends cannot beleive it's 12 years old and runs the way it does. My 94 has 186k and the same story for that with the exception of the gas milage. Why buy brand new of any other kind when the Ls400 comes with a complete package if you're in the market for a roomy family sedan.

cannot believe it

by kenno from NASHVILLE, TN on Sat Oct 22 2011

i bought this car because i liked the way it looks. CLEAN CUT.....with about 90,000 miles on it. i now have over 250,000 and i am still waiting for something to break or go wrong. i mean nothing. .... and i know the car will do over 150 miles per hour. the new ones can't do that so was this car an expression of engineering excellence or what. I HAVE CHANGED THE LIGHT BULBS AND THE BATTERY TWICE AND STILL HAVE NOT REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR. GUESS WHAT NO TUNE UP EITHER JUST SYN OIL. MY NEXT STEP IS TO BASIC OVER HAUL (TIMING BELT , PUMP, & FULL TUNE UP ) AND DRIVE ANOTHER 250,000

LS400 in Saltillo MS

by FredM from Saltillo, MS on Thu Dec 01 2016

I have always been a fan of this vehicle so I bought one after I wrecked my GS. One of the issues that I had was having the ECU repaired. My only other issue was that there should have been a garage door opener and I hated the gas tank being on the passenger side. Other than that, I give it two thumbs up.

Love this car!

by JohnT from Johns Creek, GA on Fri Feb 02 2018

I’m getting rid of my 2017 Honda Accord with sensing, and I wanted a reliable car for which I could pay cash. Enter the 1995 LS400 with 140,500 miles. When I bought it I knew the dashboard needed replacing as it wouldn’t light up. $464 to replace (had to do it to get odometer to light up and this get it registered). There are a few minor age related things that will require fixing, but the mechanic says the engine and transmission are as if it was when it drove off the dealers lot in 1995. There are no squeaks or creaks, the leather is in perfect condition, no cracks in the dash, the air runs cold, all the luxury items work except for seat warmers work. I’m hoping this isn’t just temporary, but by all accounts I’m feeling secure!

1995 Lexus LS400

by Maxx from new york, NY on Sat Mar 18 2017

I loved this car, I did not own it very long as it ended up needing ball joints and I decided to trade it in. Other than that It was great, smooth riding, powerful, and above all luxurious. I would definitely recommend it.

185,000K miles and still purrs like a kitten!!!

by Ride or Die in Lex 69 from Columbus Mississippi on Sat Jan 27 2018

I'm the proud owner of 3 Lexus vehicles a 94,95,and 03 LS430 but for some strange reason I seem to prefer the 95 400 over the others especially the 430 when it comes to ride and smoothness and serinity of the cabin this thing is almost like being inside a tank on a serta mattress feeling very little road noise it's seems to be better insulated from it and it's the only brand I trust when traveling long distances on those lonely highways in the boonies especially seeing so many other brands DOA on the side of the road dead and the angst and disgusted owners it gives me sense of relived mind knowing I made such wise choices in buy these Japanese land yachts that have out lasted and continues run better than a lot of the latest cars on the market today and that they spend more time on the road than in a repair shop and that's good for my wallet any day in.my book !!!

1 2