1997 Lexus LS 400 consumer reviews

$52,900 starting MSRP
side view of 1997 LS 400 Lexus
Explore the 1997 Lexus LS 400

Lon lex

Great car had it for twenty years minor problems average low mileage garage all the time I love the car will keep it forever forever

Most reliable and best car I have ever owned

Bought off 2 year lease, not problems, safe, reliable, high performance sedan. Chrome wheels that are 20 years old still look like new. Drives like new

LEXUS SERVICE RATES IT AS MOST MAINTENANCE FREE

The car has been terrific. Reliable, quiet, comfortable. All maintenance records are available through Hendrix Lexus (I can get them for you). I would recommend this car to any of my friends.

Excellent safe car

Most reliable car we have owned. Safe and easy to drive with all the luxury?s a Lexus has to offer. A perfect combination to drive.

Finest Car We Ever Owned

Purchased new to lease, we purchased it at the end of the lease because we liked it so well. I continued to drive the car from 1999 until 2017 mostly around town, which accounts for the very low mileage of 148,700 miles. It was kept in a garage at all times, and never driven in bad weather like snow or ice. We were considering replacing it with a current model year Lexus LS 450, but at $80,000 plus, it was more than we wanted to spend. We replaced the car with a Mercedes, and love it, so parting with the Lexus LS400 has been bittersweet. Anyone who Who purchases this car will certainly get years more luxurious driving from it.

The Best of the Best

I have driven this car for almost 20 years, and it is as quiet and comfortable today as it was on Day 1. Loaded with comfort and luxury, fabulous on gas, quiet, superb sound system and looks just beautiful inside and out. We took our usual great care of her, regular oil changes, almost zero dollars for any maintenance (the rear antenna needed to be replaced after being broken at the car wash), and always out of the weather in a garage or covered parking. I have adored this car and will always think of it as the very best car I have ever had the privilege to own.

"I Love My First Car"

What I can say about my car is that, It feels good not to ride the bus or beg for a ride anymore. My car gets to places I need to go on time. Other than that I love it, so what more could I ask for.

FASTEST MAN

Mr. Danny, is the fastest man ever. I woke Mr Danny on 2 May 2014 so early, I think 7 am, instead he was soooooo much kind, he was dealing with me very gently. I am from foreign country, he finished the deal with me very very briskly. Here I must say I'm lovin' it. ;) And he deserves 5 stars

25mpg? More like 30-33 mpg hiway

Kind of strange, i read quite a few reviews on this car. some say 18 mpg city 22 hiway etc etc. After 60K miles, our lexus gets 30 mpg hiway @ an average of 75 Mph. & i get an average of 24 mpg city. if i cruise 60 mph i can get 33-35 mpg. That was on par with our lincoln. The V8s get better mileage than the underpowered V6...... Its a great smooth reliable car

Most smooth & quiet car ever owned.

Beautiful design with top quality throughout. Rides better than any brand new car I have been in. Plan to drive it to at least 300,000 miles. Have talked to people that have gotten many more miles than that. It has just 60,000 miles on it so I have a lot of wonderful driving yet to do.