1998 Lexus Ls 400

Can't afford the upkeep

by from Bumafick, Wyoming on September 13, 2017

NIce car, but you can't get parts anywhere buy Lexus and they are 5 times as much as any other vehicle. You might be able to buy it but you can't afford to maintain it.

Most Reliable Car I've Drove

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 21, 2017

This car has done me wonders. It has had minimal things needing to be done so far as maintenance is concerned. Since buying the vehicle in 2007, the only major things that the car needed to have replaced was the starter in 09' and the alternator in 15'. Besides this the car has driven flawlessly. No issues, just made sure to have oil changes and filters replaced and it ran like a charm. Many road trips with the car and drives so smooth on the highway. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone wanting a low maintenance car at a impeccable value. They also hold their value to be a import type of car unlike a lot of foreign cars which depreciates greatly only after a few years of ownership.

Big comfortable luxury cruiser

by from Utica, NY on April 22, 2015

I inherited this car from my Dad in 2012. It had always run well for him and I haven't had any major issues. Did the timing belt and water pump at 125,000 miles for the first time. Excellent highway cruiser-gets 26 mile per gallon at a steady 70 miles per hour. Gets about 19 in the city. With just all season tires, can be a handful in the winter, but I've never been stuck. Still looks good and is very comfortable. I have the navigation which is quite outdated and can't be updated, 6 disc cd changer, moonroof, wood steering wheel and xenon headlights.

the best car I have ever owned

by from lake county ohio on June 11, 2014

I purchased my car from Chardon Motors in chardon, Ohio. Over the years we have purchased all of our cars for ourselves and our children from Chardon Motors. This car is the fifth car we have purchased from the owner (Phil Vaughan). We have always been treated fairly and honestly from Mr. Vaughan. I would never consider purchasing a vehicle from anywhere else! This is my first Lexus and it is the BEST!

400 STANDS FOR 400,000 MILES

by from FLORIDA on August 14, 2013

I BAUGHT MY 400 IN 2010 WITH 72,000 MILES. IT NOW HAS 130,000 MILES AND DRIVES BETTER NOW THAN 60,000 MILES AGO. FOR THE MONEY, THIS CAR IS THE BEST ON THE PLANET, MY HONDA PILOT IS #2.

understated sophistication and comfort

by from Nazareth, Pa on March 31, 2013

125000 miles and still drives like new. Only repair--control arm. 30+ mpg highway @ 67 mph or 28 mpg a@ 70+mph, on regular gas .Considered newer LS but prefer this style and rear window visibility

Excellent Transportation

by from Nazareth Pa on August 23, 2012

Excellent auto in all ways. Regular maintenance followed-- one repair in 123000 miles, a control arm was replace recently. Easy driving highway 30 mpg at 68 mph, city about 20 mpg on REGULAR gas.

300k +

by from Holly Springs, NC on July 13, 2012

Purchased my '98 in '03 with 62k for $26k. NOW, the vehicle has 335,000 and still going strong. I've just installed its fourth set of tires, have replaced the drive belts and water pump four times. Just a wonderful car. The conservative style is ME and is a classy and smart car to drive. It's my understanding, after speaking with many mechanics, that the type of engine Lexus put in this specific model is the BEST they've ever used.

$60K ride for Less Than $10K

by from Ga. on January 16, 2012

Bought a 98 Lexus LS400 from family. My brother in law bought new for $61K. He finialy decided to sell it. Has 140K miles & rides & drives like new. My wife has a 2009 Venza we bought new. The 98 LS rides circles around it. Great power for a full size car. If you can find one with all the service papers this cpuild be the best buy for the money out there.

Fuggetabowdit.

by from West Des Moines, IA on November 28, 2011

What's not to like? The LS400 is the perfect car for anyone like me. I don't want the latest (or even the last couple iterations of) baubles, gizmos, gee-gaws, etc. that adorn newer cars, confounding their owners. I want a clean, classic design; a comfortable, quiet ride; a great sounding, simple stereo with CD changer and -- gasp! -- tape deck; soft leather seats; a large back seat and a huge trunk; and a V8 with just a little burble from the exhaust. Why spend $50k on a car that will be worth $10k in ten years, when you can spend $8k on a car that will be worth $5k in ten years? And it has a bulletproof reputation for reliability. It's the perfect car for people who want to relax and just drive. Powerful engine, iconic styling, super-handling, fun-to-drive? That's what my Porsche is for. The Lexus LS400 is soothing and affordable and beautiful. What more could you want?