2000 LS 400

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

LS 400 THE BEST

by cowboys from COLORADO on January 21, 2011

I'VE HAD THREE DIFFERENT LS 400'S. THESE CARS ARE WONDERFUL. I HAD A 91 WHEN THEY WERE HAND BUILT IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE THAT MADE ME TRADE THAT ONE FOR AN '96. YOUNGER BROTHER LIKED IT SO MUCH HE KEPT IT. IT NOW HAS 256000 MILES DRIVES LIKE A DREAM STILL. I CURRENTLY OWN A 2000 LS 400 WITH NAVIGATION SYSTEM IT IS NICE. I'VE DRIVEN IT TO TEXAS AND IT GIVES ME ABOUT 500 MILES WITH ONE THANK OF GAS. UNBELIEVABLE YES, WHEN I STOP TO PUT GAS IT TAKES ABOUT 20 GALLONS MEANING IT STILL HAD 2.5 GALLONS LEFT OF GAS. THAT'S ABOUT 28 MPG. I KID YOU NOT. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER THIS IS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR EVER BUILT. NOW MAYBE IF IT EVER BRAKES IT'LL BE EXPENSIVE TO FIX BUT THAT'S PROBABLY WHY THEY LAST SO LONG THESE ARE BUILT TO LAST YOU A LIFETIME IF YOU TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT AND DO REGULAR MAINTENANCE. THE BEST EVER. I KID YOU NOT. THE SEATS ARE A LITTLE TOO FIRM THAT'S WHY IT GETS A FIVE FOR SOME MARKS, BUT IT DRIVES WONDERFULY AND A SWEET RIDE.

wonderful driving experience

by beekeeper from Decatur, alabama on August 1, 2009

Bought this car 7 years ago and it now has 160,000 miles. The only thing that doesnt work as well as it did when I bought it is the drivers side lumbar support pump has quit. I think its marvelous that an 8 cyclinder car gets 28 mpg on the road and is the most driver friendly, comfortable car that I have ever owned. Recently bought an 2006 LS 430 because I was so pleased with the Lexus ownership experience

will own a Lexis for life!!!

by crimeshame from HOUSTON,TX on January 31, 2013

I own a 2000 LS400.The only maimtanance I 've done is oil change ,rotate tires,new battery,front end alignment.Nothing major .I 've had this car at least 10 yrs.No problem at all.I go out of town ,put the cruise control on and feel like I'm not even driving and not even tired when I reach my destination.This is my second lLexis ,I owned a 1993 LS 400.I owned a mercedes before owning a lexis and had so many car problems with the benz ..it was a 1980 Ls 500.It stayed in the shop and kept me broke.I'm a Lexis Lover to the day I die!!! I looked at the newer models but why spend money when you don't have to!!!My car still look like new .No door dings at all.I just need to redo driver seat .Leather is worn ,Other seats like new because I seldom have passengers.!!!

Best car I have owned

by Innkpr from Maine on October 14, 2010

the Lexus LS400 is a wonderful automobile. I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Rolls, Lincoln and Cadillac. No comparison.

Best Car Ever

by Ricky from orlando on December 18, 2013

I've owned countless cars over the years, I've owned a small used car lot and have been in the car business for 25 years and without a doubt, the LS400 is the most reliable car ever built

Supreme Quality and Performance

by Larry from Sandpoint, Idaho on June 21, 2014

First owned a 1990 LS400, then owned a 1997 LS400, now we own a 2000 LS400. This is the most comfortable, dependable, and reliable vehicle we have ever owned. At 80 mph I get 26.6 mpg. I drive it in the 110 to 130 range often and it performs like a dream. Never a problem and with only 78000 miles I have only just changed the front struts, front end alignment, and just added new factory chrome wheels with new V rated tires. I did a timing belt change, new water pump and pulleys just for drill since the car is 15 years old. A lift was installed in my shop in order to make polishing it easier. I have a Lamborghini shine on it and constantly am ask to sell it. Other than oil changes no other maintenance is required. In order to duplicate this vehicle we would have to purchase a new LS460 for over $100,000. Most importantly, and with back problems, I can get in and out of this vehicle easily without strain. We did have the windows tinted darker than factory tint.

Single best car out of the 54 I've owned!

by Scarey from Atlanta, GA on June 9, 2017

Lexus did it right with the first LS platform. 220k miles later and you'd never know my car was encroaching on 18 years of age. Engine and transmission are as strong as new and the A/C is still ice cold using the original equipment and Freon. Normal stuff has worn but I've got no complaints considering age and miles. Hoping to drive it to it's death or maybe mine. If all goes according to plan it'll be my oldest child's first car in 8 years and then his brothers 2 years later. Single best car I've ever owned!

Reliable comfort while you drive on the clouds

by AmakaO from Chicago, IL on January 10, 2018

Unbelievable. This car, to me, is very underrated. The exterior styling may not be what Lexus is capable of today, but it has such a refinement. It’s very long body, roomy exterior and plush leather seats will make driving anywhere feel like you’re at home. It’s heavy, and I’d even say it is a land yacht, but don’t be fooled- it is fast. The only issue I ever had with this car was a dead battery and having to change the alternator since it got too cold and wouldn’t start. Other than that, this car gave me everything and then some. If you get one, it will love you back, but you must take care of it. Yes, it takes premium, and the repairs can be costly, but it will last you well over 300,000 miles if you follow regular maintenance and don’t run it into the ground. Even though the exterior isn’t as loud as something you’d find from today, you can purchase a 2000 LS400 today for under $6000 and have a timeless, and fast luxury car that will be dependable.

2000 lexus ls400

by Oppey211 from Louisville ky on November 30, 2017

I love the 2000 lexus ls400. Great car, great comfort and power. Very sleak and nice looking car. Has been very reliable. I just love it.

best car ever

by pv from florida on April 1, 2009

Incredible car, nothing better, drives better than any car on the road, I know I have had almost everything. Luxury, smooth, what a package!

1 2