Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 8 reviews

LS 400 THE BEST

by from COLORADO on January 21, 2011

I'VE HAD THREE DIFFERENT LS 400'S. THESE CARS ARE WONDERFUL. I HAD A 91 WHEN THEY WERE HAND BUILT IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE THAT MADE ME TRADE THAT ONE FOR AN '96. YOUNGER BROTHER LIKED IT SO MUCH HE KEPT IT. IT NOW HAS 256000 MILES DRIVES LIKE A DREAM STILL. I CURRENTLY OWN A 2000 LS 400 WITH NAVIGATION SYSTEM IT IS NICE. I'VE DRIVEN IT TO TEXAS AND IT GIVES ME ABOUT 500 MILES WITH ONE THANK OF GAS. UNBELIEVABLE YES, WHEN I STOP TO PUT GAS IT TAKES ABOUT 20 GALLONS MEANING IT STILL HAD 2.5 GALLONS LEFT OF GAS. THAT'S ABOUT 28 MPG. I KID YOU NOT. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER THIS IS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR EVER BUILT. NOW MAYBE IF IT EVER BRAKES IT'LL BE EXPENSIVE TO FIX BUT THAT'S PROBABLY WHY THEY LAST SO LONG THESE ARE BUILT TO LAST YOU A LIFETIME IF YOU TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT AND DO REGULAR MAINTENANCE. THE BEST EVER. I KID YOU NOT. THE SEATS ARE A LITTLE TOO FIRM THAT'S WHY IT GETS A FIVE FOR SOME MARKS, BUT IT DRIVES WONDERFULY AND A SWEET RIDE.

wonderful driving experience

by from Decatur, alabama on August 1, 2009

Bought this car 7 years ago and it now has 160,000 miles. The only thing that doesnt work as well as it did when I bought it is the drivers side lumbar support pump has quit. I think its marvelous that an 8 cyclinder car gets 28 mpg on the road and is the most driver friendly, comfortable car that I have ever owned. Recently bought an 2006 LS 430 because I was so pleased with the Lexus ownership experience

best car ever

by from florida on April 1, 2009

Incredible car, nothing better, drives better than any car on the road, I know I have had almost everything. Luxury, smooth, what a package!

Best car I have owned

by from Maine on October 14, 2010

the Lexus LS400 is a wonderful automobile. I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Rolls, Lincoln and Cadillac. No comparison.

will own a Lexis for life!!!

by from HOUSTON,TX on January 31, 2013

I own a 2000 LS400.The only maimtanance I 've done is oil change ,rotate tires,new battery,front end alignment.Nothing major .I 've had this car at least 10 yrs.No problem at all.I go out of town ,put the cruise control on and feel like I'm not even driving and not even tired when I reach my destination.This is my second lLexis ,I owned a 1993 LS 400.I owned a mercedes before owning a lexis and had so many car problems with the benz ..it was a 1980 Ls 500.It stayed in the shop and kept me broke.I'm a Lexis Lover to the day I die!!! I looked at the newer models but why spend money when you don't have to!!!My car still look like new .No door dings at all.I just need to redo driver seat .Leather is worn ,Other seats like new because I seldom have passengers.!!!

Supreme Quality and Performance

by from Sandpoint, Idaho on June 21, 2014

First owned a 1990 LS400, then owned a 1997 LS400, now we own a 2000 LS400. This is the most comfortable, dependable, and reliable vehicle we have ever owned. At 80 mph I get 26.6 mpg. I drive it in the 110 to 130 range often and it performs like a dream. Never a problem and with only 78000 miles I have only just changed the front struts, front end alignment, and just added new factory chrome wheels with new V rated tires. I did a timing belt change, new water pump and pulleys just for drill since the car is 15 years old. A lift was installed in my shop in order to make polishing it easier. I have a Lamborghini shine on it and constantly am ask to sell it. Other than oil changes no other maintenance is required. In order to duplicate this vehicle we would have to purchase a new LS460 for over $100,000. Most importantly, and with back problems, I can get in and out of this vehicle easily without strain. We did have the windows tinted darker than factory tint.

Best Car Ever

by from orlando on December 18, 2013

I've owned countless cars over the years, I've owned a small used car lot and have been in the car business for 25 years and without a doubt, the LS400 is the most reliable car ever built

driver friendly

by from Decatur, Alabama on November 27, 2007

I could talk about the Lexus all day long but you would think I was the son of the president of the company. Unless you have owned a Lexus you will think I'm on the payroll. When you do you will understand why they have 5 red stars besides just about every catagory

Similar Models