2002 LS 430

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Safety..Reliability..Comfort

by Comfort and Safety Seeker from Dallas, Texas on December 10, 2012

Besides being beautiful inside and out this 2002 Lexus LS430 is the most comfortable driving car ever. After a 360 mile drive I stepped out of the car and was not the least bit tired. For an older driver that comfort plus the safety and reliability ratings of the Lexus 430 made it my top choice of a used car. In addition, a great sound system, comfortable leather interior with wood styling, thoughful lighting inside and out, and an incredible turning ratio make this a fun and easy car to drive. Couldn't be happier!

LS 400

by Lexus convert from Washington dc on March 4, 2012

Bought a 1999 LS 400 with 60,000 miles four years ago. Incredible value when purchased used. The car is luxurious and powerful, and, given all the airbags, safe. A sign of quality is the clean clear oil after 5k of driving on a car with over 60k on it. It gets suprisingly good mileage for an 8 cyl car (up to 30mpg on the highway). The car is reliable, but brace yourself when you have it serviced. It is loaded with electonic gizmos and little motors (automatic steering wheel went out at 80k. Had it put into a fixed position, saving over $1k). While the car is spacious, the seats lack support. It's like sitting on a sofa. That said, there is no better or more luxurious car for the money, especially the used ones. For some reason, the LS models depreciate fast. Buy one with 40k miles on it and save $40k. A Toyota mechanic told me the older LS's are better built than the newer ones. He claimed the older models are equipped with heavy duty metal parts, many of which were replaced with plastic parts on the newer models, presumably to cut down on weight and maintain fuel effciency. Tip: take an older/out of warranty LS to a Toyota dealer for maintenance. No expresso bar, but you will save a bundle.

Fantastic...my favorite car so far

by DL from VA on October 24, 2013

The Lexus LS430 I recently bought is by FAR my favorite car that I've owned. It's smooth, quiet, has pickup when you need it and it glides when you dont. The sound system is great with the Mark Levinson audio package but I still hooked up my sub and amp...just to be safe! The seats are so comfortable and the car is VERY roomy. My daughter loves the heated seats in the rear, my only complaint is that I didn't find one with the Ultra luxury package that has the cooler in the backseat and the reclining rear seats. That and the fact that there is no stock Auxilary Input, granted its a 2002 but I was still hoping for an Aux input! Oh well, for a car this nice, I'll make do!

perfect replacement for my 1993 LS400

by stan from Los Angees on February 21, 2012

Car is about 10 years old but looks and rides like new. The Lexus LS is one of the best if not the best line on the market. Found a single owner, non-hit car with only 51k miles and have a long way to go before getting to 200k (miles on LS400).

Luxury

by Mary E from Bradenton, FL on April 11, 2017

I've had my 2002 Lexus for 2 years. We got an excellent deal, and were treated so well by the folks at the North Miami dealership. I have over 231,000 miles on it so far, and it still runs like a new car. No maintenance except for the normal- tires, oil change, etc. I am still excited to drive. If we ever need another car, we will definitely do it all over again.

Very Smooth Great Running Vehicle!

by Eugenia from Lawrenceville, GA on June 2, 2017

This is one of the Top Of The Line models back in 2002, the car is fully loaded with all bells and whistles, it drives so smooth and quiet! Very good quality, the leather interior still has no cracks and I've owned this vehicle for almost 15 years!

Over Built and Over Engineered

by Garrison from Poulsbo, WA on May 5, 2017

They don't make them like this anymore. Truly the best car I've ever owned. Totally reliable, descent mileage and pure comfort and serenity.

2002 lexus430

by peter alt from summerfield n.c. on May 3, 2017

great car and web sight.!! web sight fairly easy to navigate, haven had that many hits or people calling. Hope to get more!!!

Best Pre Owned Buy....By Far!

by Car Guy from NJ on January 4, 2010

Purchased used 2002 with 92K miles. I had looked at a few but this one was spotless, drove, rode and looked far better than some newer rentals I've driven. Did a lot of research before buying and the reviews were accurate. It is an amazing car! Did the 90K service with timing belt replacement then got 27.1 mpg on a three hour hwy ride @ 70 mph with cruise... on marginal tires. Went from a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe to the LS 430. That car avg 30 mpg under similar conditions but what I gained is night and day. Have NO idea why I didnt do this sooner!

best of the best

by lexus owner from Wisconsin on March 30, 2012

The 2002 Lexus, Has been the overall best vehicle I have owned. I have had the Lexus LS 400 series , the later lexus LS430, 460 models. There is no real significant difference that I have found for my needs. The mechanical quality is truly there, the power is there, the pleasure to drive is there, the design is there. Some vehicles can have too many bells and whistles, and I find the lexus 2002 LS430 to be right in the ballpark. Further, anyone who would buy a Mercedes s class, or a BMW 750i, do not know what true quality is. Durability combined with simplicity, and character. I'm older now, and I'm convinced that a mercedes is simply prestige, and people that have so much money they are bored, and dont care. Only the educated, smart minded individual can clearly see the difference between these vessels, and in my rating the Lexus is the clear choice, rich, or not so rich. extravagance takes many roles, or should I say Rolls, but for value, excellence in motoring, a good solid feeling of contentment that I have not been taken advantage of, that I got what I paid for , and I was not worked to where I was dissapointed with my vessel, I will chose Lexus LS. And the specs, are everywhere. Happy motoring to all.

1 2 3